Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Xperia S

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

batistuta9 wrote: »
    does anyone know if anything can be done with the photos looking washed out when uploaded to a computer compared to the phones screen?

It's really really annoying, nearly defeats the point of the phone having that good a camera.

They look fine on my PC - I know the phone screen is better than my display on the Laptop but they look great to me

• Registered Users Posts: 8,091 ✭✭✭batistuta9

tui0hcg wrote: »
    They look fine on my PC - I know the phone screen is better than my display on the Laptop but they look great to me

seriously?

mine don't look anywhere near as good, bright colours & skies especially

ya - quality is good but I agree they don't look as good on the PC screen as they do on the phone. This i think is down to the fact that the phone has the best screen I have ever seen and its way better than my PC screen. I am sure if I could get a comparative PC screen with the same DPI or whatever then the phot would look good on that too

• Registered Users Posts: 25 sonic.boom

Any one here on METEOR ?

Can yo tell me whats yours SI number ? ( my is 1257-45 )

I updated to ICS using SEUS , then i Flashed back some GB.

Thats mean i am not anymore on rom version designed to my region, network ETC .

Does anyone have a stock GB ? for our region ?

Having an issue with the new Album app in the ICS update

I can only see some of my Picasa albums. Sometimes I get 6 or 7 albums in the list then when I go out and come back in to the app I see only 3 albums and sometimes none at all. I have over 40 albums so its a little strange.
    Anyone have a fix?

• Advertisement

ya - quality is good but I agree they don't look as good on the PC screen as they do on the phone. This i think is down to the fact that the phone has the best screen I have ever seen and its way better than my PC screen. I am sure if I could get a comparative PC screen with the same DPI or whatever then the phot would look good on that too

The different screens would have a bit to do with it but in my case anyway i'm talking a major difference in some photo's

a lot of people seem to have noticed it. This thread here http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36192?start=0&tstart=0 talks about it, there's more too but i haven't had time to read them yet, and it seems the bravia engine might have something to do with it, also their saying the photo's are saturated more on the S

They're saying as well photo's look better if you take a screenshot of them or transfer them via the HDMI cable. I haven't tried either yet

i transfered them with AirDroid, which way did you use out of interest?

batistuta9 wrote: »
    The different screens would have a bit to do with it but in my case anyway i'm talking a major difference in some photo's

a lot of people seem to have noticed it. This thread here http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36192?start=0&tstart=0 talks about it, there's more too but i haven't had time to read them yet, and it seems the bravia engine might have something to do with it, also their saying the photo's are saturated more on the S

They're saying as well photo's look better if you take a screenshot of them or transfer them via the HDMI cable. I haven't tried either yet

i transfered them with AirDroid, which way did you use out of interest?

Uploaded to Google+ and also just drag and drop via USB connection or through the Sony software on the PC is the way I have transferred them. I must have a look on my HD TV later and see if I can spot any major difference

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

picked up mine 2day. 409 for an unbranded and unlocked one. just need to get ics installed now!

Uploaded to Google+ and also just drag and drop via USB connection or through the Sony software on the PC is the way I have transferred them. I must have a look on my HD TV later and see if I can spot any major difference

Did you get around to looking into this?

I viewed the pic on my TV too but theirs no difference with them there, colour wise, there's a bit of a issue with the image being stretched or something though.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Damoedge

Hi All,

Just to let ye know there is another new ROM that can be installed on locked boot loaders :) Iv been running it for the last two days and its excellent very very fast, stable and the battery life is unreal!!

Its based on ICS stock firmware and kernel and its tweaked big time.

If anyone needs help on how to do it just pm me

Linky:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1775022

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

What is the story with the tags? Should they be included with the phone?

sean1141 wrote: »

Yea you should get four of them, if you didnt just go back and ask for them

If anyone is thinking of forking out about £30 on the Sony 850 charger don't bother....try this instead:

Charger:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UK-3-Pin-A...item4d026fff77

Along with this cable:

http://dx.com/p/usb-data-charging-ex...00-black-91141

So for about £5.50 you have a faster charger compared to the 850 for a quarter of the price! full charge in about 70 mins!

Linky:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1807695

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Speaking of chargers, here's a bit of a stupid question!

Will using the 2 Amp (2000 mAmp) charger cause problems for the XS battery?

I'd been using the charger that came with the XS to charge it. I think its 700 or 850 mAmp, not certain. Then last week, I got the nexus 7 tablet, and that comes with a 2 Amp charger. I tried it on the phone and it charged it about 60% in around 30 mins.

Needless to say, that's pretty fast, but I was left wondering if long time use would fook up the battery on a phone that it is non-replaceable?

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Speaking of chargers, here's a bit of a stupid question!

Will using the 2 Amp (2000 mAmp) charger cause problems for the XS battery?

I'd been using the charger that came with the XS to charge it. I think its 700 or 850 mAmp, not certain. Then last week, I got the nexus 7 tablet, and that comes with a 2 Amp charger. I tried it on the phone and it charged it about 60% in around 30 mins.

Needless to say, that's pretty fast, but I was left wondering if long time use would fook up the battery on a phone that it is non-replaceable?

Well it would fook up the battery over a few years use and i dont think we will have our sxs phones in a few years well i wont anyways.

The battery will draw a max of 1500mA charging as far as i know anything over it just denies, the battery has some kind of on board chip on it to create this limit of charge although the highest iv seen on mine was about 1560mA charging with the set up above.

It also depends on the cable you use, the cable that comes with the phone is a data/charge cable and because of this it also limits the charge, the cable linked above is a dedicated charge cable which has bridged connectors on it just for charge only BUT also has a little switch on it to change between charge and data :)

Hope this throws some light on the subject

Damoedge wrote: »
    Well it would fook up the battery over a few years use and i dont think we will have our sxs phones in a few years well i wont anyways.

The battery will draw a max of 1500mA charging as far as i know anything over it just denies, the battery has some kind of on board chip on it to create this limit of charge although the highest iv seen on mine was about 1560mA charging with the set up above.

It also depends on the cable you use, the cable that comes with the phone is a data/charge cable and because of this it also limits the charge, the cable linked above is a dedicated charge cable which has bridged connectors on it just for charge only BUT also has a little switch on it to change between charge and data :)

Hope this throws some light on the subject

Yep, that makes perfect sense to me.
    As long as the battery has some sort of in built management of the power it accepts, that makes me happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

Any idea when ICS is out on vodafone?

sean1141 wrote: »
    email - sonytag@sbe-ltd.ie

include this detail and they will send them to you in the post

Details:
    1. Name -
    2. Address -
    3. Contact Number -
    4. IMEI -
    5. Network -
    6. Store Purchased in -
    7. Date Purchased -

JayEnnis wrote: »
    Any idea when ICS is out on vodafone?

Check your SI number here - you should have it at this stage

http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/223759#223759

Should have had it in July.. Any idea why I can't get it?

• Advertisement

is your SI number on the list?

Have you tried connection with a PC and updating that way?

Yeah it's on the list and it should have been updated 19th July. Just tried through Sony Bridge and it says that my software is up to date even though its still on gingerbread? Also tried through the sony wesbite and the same thing?

JayEnnis wrote: »
    Yeah it's on the list and it should have been updated 19th July. Just tried through Sony Bridge and it says that my software is up to date even though its still on gingerbread? Also tried through the sony wesbite and the same thing?

:confused:

It's really annoying me, I've tried through PC suite and the same thing. I'm going to repair the phone. Are SMS's saved to the SD card or the phone memory?

there are a few SMS backup apps - I use one that syncs my SMS to a label in my Gmail

Could it be that its a bill phone and so its locked? I really can't figure this out.

Did anyone try CM10 on this yet (Jellybean)?
    CM9 (ICS) was no where near finished the last time I tried it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I'm in the same boat, have a Vodafone Xperia S, SI number says it's been available for a month, but both the PC companion and the Website updater say I'm already up to date.
    Threw in a query to Sony Mobile Ireland's facebook page and the CPW Geeksquad as they are the company exclusively selling this phone on Vodafone they should know.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Just flash an official version of ICS guys. You can do it simlocked and bootloader locked. Grab an ftf of CH, UK or NL and away you go. Will remove a bit of crapware too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I'm 3 months into a 24 month contract and don't want to run the risk of tweaking with my phone unofficially.

Advertisement