Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Xperia S

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Ericaa wrote: »
    Moved from the S, to the Note 2.
    I'll never look back!

hardly a fair comparison though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

batistuta9 wrote: »

hardly a fair comparison though :pac:

Heh, I know :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Moved from the S, to the Note 2.
    I'll never look back!

Did it take you long to get used to the size? whats its like in the pocket?

Did it take you long to get used to the size? whats its like in the pocket?
    Not too long. There's some settings that make it easy for you to use the phone with one hand e.g. placement of the keyboard while texting.
    I'm a wearer of skinny jeans so as you can imagine it doesn't work that well in my pockets haha. Getting my pockets altered to accommodate it, not even joking. I'm too paranoid to carry my phone in a bag!
    Absolutely 100% worth it though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

There's some settings that make it easy for you to use the phone with one hand e.g. placement of the keyboard while texting.

Could you enlighten me? :confused:

• Advertisement

eoing1 wrote: »
    Could you enlighten me? :confused:
    I sure can! Hopefully this screenshot explains it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I know this is a thread for the S but what are peoples views on the T? I was gonna pick it up for €100 on an 18 month €30p/m contract.

I'm coming from a 3GS so pretty much anything is better than what I have!! I've read some reviews etc and specs look good but I'd like to hear some boardsies reviews

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Just installed dual core rom. Everythings perfect bar I cant restore root(yet).

Clean and smooth, yeah buddy!

ED E wrote: »
    Just installed dual core rom. Everythings perfect bar I cant restore root(yet).

Clean and smooth, yeah buddy!

Is that the 411819 KB off xda? Any improvements on camera? Is it ics? No lag you say, might give it a go !!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I'm using cm10 from hei1125 on xda.
    I find only 2 points of contention from using a cm10 based rom, rather than a stock based rom :

1: There is no FM radio app in cm10 (not that I use it much anyway).
    2: I get 1 or 2 random reboots throughout the day (these reboots bring you back to the lock screen, ready to use straight away, not pin locked).

Apart from that, it's perfect for me and I'm on jelly bean, so fcuk Sony and their slow ass JB deployment! :D

• Advertisement

Is that the 411819 KB off xda? Any improvements on camera? Is it ics? No lag you say, might give it a go !!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1827128

Camera is from 4.2 supposedly, no real change IMO.

I have never had any lag with my XS btw.

Dropped dualcore rom, its ok, but still has problems and is not being developed further until after JBs release.

Rolled back to .50 from a nand backup, then updated to .55.

Be warned, .55 has patched the exploit and cannot be rooted for locked bootloader devices!

Gonna flash .50 generic italy now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

I use FXP CM10

and latest stock via bootmanager

thebman wrote: »
    I use FXP CM10

and latest stock via bootmanager

Unlocked bootloader then, lucky for some.

Including the S, so you may as well sit back and wait. :(
    Link

We knew it'd be a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Joekers

Ok im looking to install a custom rom for my xperia s, I have rooted the phone using Bin4rys instructions and all is well SuperSu installed, I then came across this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O52IeX93Jek and its saying that I cannot install a custom rom because my bootloader is locked. Is this still the case or is there a way around this ?

Joekers wrote: »
    Ok im looking to install a custom rom for my xperia s, I have rooted the phone using Bin4rys instructions and all is well SuperSu installed, I then came across this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O52IeX93Jek and its saying that I cannot install a custom rom because my bootloader is locked. Is this still the case or is there a way around this ?

You can install CWM on a locked bootloader and install SOME roms(ones using the same kernel and a few other rules). Look on XDA, there is a list of locked compatible roms.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Including the S, so you may as well sit back and wait. :(
    Link
    We knew it'd be a while.
    The Vodafone models are still locked onto Gingerbread.

flazio wrote: »
    The Vodafone models are still locked onto Gingerbread.

Flashtool. Done. Or even PC Companion should do it. Just because they dont OTA doesnt mean you cant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 cibies

Could someone post up instructions how to flash the xperia s. I not much of a techy but I would like to upgrade the Android version. It's currently at 2.3.7. I am with Vodafone. They seem to really be dragging their heels with the updates.

cibies wrote: »
    Could someone post up instructions how to flash the xperia s. I not much of a techy but I would like to upgrade the Android version. It's currently at 2.3.7. I am with Vodafone. They seem to really be dragging their heels with the updates.

I used this page to figure everything out! http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1526866

I hope it helps you.

FB Events not sync'd into gCal. Huh? Did some research, FB updated their API and we wont have integration working again until the JB release. FFS sony, its a tiny update, f'ing do it.

Don't think I'm going to stay with sony, reasons being
    1. Slow updates for their "flagship" phone
    2. Didn't feel the 12 mpxl camera was great
    3. Playing music sounds much better on my ipod

So, I was thinking of replacing with

1. Note2, only heard good reports, might mean I'll be able to ditch the scrap paper I carry round everywhere with me.
    2. Iphone, I presume that the music player is the same as is on my ipod, this would be the only reason for choosing apple, but never the less a very important one.

Meteor quoted me €350 for 18 mnth contract for note2 @ €25 per month. I'd prefer a 12 month contract but they won't do it.

Any thoughts? What would you upgrade to? (not the z, tired of sony bs)

:confused:

Whats your music source? I've found the DAC in the XS quite decent, if a little low on the gain.

Don't think I'm going to stay with sony, reasons being
    1. Slow updates for their "flagship" phone
    2. Didn't feel the 12 mpxl camera was great
    3. Playing music sounds much better on my ipod

So, I was thinking of replacing with

1. Note2, only heard good reports, might mean I'll be able to ditch the scrap paper I carry round everywhere with me.
    2. Iphone, I presume that the music player is the same as is on my ipod, this would be the only reason for choosing apple, but never the less a very important one.

Meteor quoted me €350 for 18 mnth contract for note2 @ €25 per month. I'd prefer a 12 month contract but they won't do it.

Any thoughts? What would you upgrade to? (not the z, tired of sony bs)

:confused:
    I upgraded to the Note 2 with Meteor at €20 a month for 18 months, and I paid €400 for the phone.
    So worth it. You'd be mad to pick an iPhone over this. It's an absolute dream to use.
    I've even handwritten this reply haha

Whats your music source? I've found the DAC in the XS quite decent, if a little low on the gain.
    Its still no where as good as the sg1, with voodoo installed. Now if the dac on the note2 is the same as the sg1 I'm sold.
    Just googled it, as of yet no voodoo for note 2, but there is a volume hack for it
    I think I'm selling it to myself :rolleyes:

I upgraded to the Note 2 with Meteor at €20 a month for 18 months, and I paid €400 for the phone.
    So worth it. You'd be mad to pick an iPhone over this. It's an absolute dream to use.
    I've even handwritten this reply haha

Sound wise is it impressive? Is it loud?
    Btw you've got the neatest handwriting I've ever seen ;)

Its still no where as good as the sg1, with voodoo installed. Now if the dac on the note2 is the same as the sg1 I'm sold.
    Just googled it, as of yet no voodoo for note 2, but there is a volume hack for it
    I think I'm selling it to myself :rolleyes:

What I found interesting is the buds supplied are really great for a "freebie" once you get the right fitting.

It does annoy me that I cant really blast it, but its just enough for me to not bother moving phone. Probably wait for N5.

• Advertisement

Sound wise is it impressive? Is it loud?
    Btw you've got the neatest handwriting I've ever seen ;)
    Hahah thanks! :P

It is pretty loud actually. There's been two times where I've laid the phone on a table and I had music blasting from it. I heard a bang and the thing had boogied itself off of the table haha

Advertisement