Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SportsDirect.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭canonball5

Mellio wrote: »
    Jesus you really have to choose your words around here, didnt realise boards was a literature test, every one jumps on the slightest wording, no wonder you have over 8000 posts. :D

No your right I dont have to buy it at all I am mearly pointing out that
    as they are selling new jerseys every year now, saving money if you want to buy one might be beneficial to most.

Im sure others might appreciate my post!

You're ... Sorry, I couldn't help myself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Mellio

canonball5 wrote: »
    You're ... Sorry, I couldn't help myself :D

You're ok most people can't! :D

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Got my delivery today, and still no mug :(

On the upside, everything I bought fits grand so I'm happy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Another order in today for shoes for the father and myself. Got chalk, resistance bands and a slouch too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    Something is wrong with me.
    I went on the site last night, said to myself, i dont need anything, and logged off again.
    That has never happened to me before :(

I did the same yesterday :( but then noticed this today .....
    Mellio wrote: »
    Just in case anyone doesnt know that the new Liverpool Home Jersey on sports direct is a good bit cheaper than the Liverpool website and the shops here I imagine.

Mens - €39.99/ Liverpool Website £45 + delivery
    Boys - €31.99/ Liverpool Website £36 + delivery
    Infants Kit - €26.99/ Liverpool Website £31.99 + delivery

Anyway considering we are having to buy one every year now the cheaper the better.

Obviously add on the €3.99 delivery but still cheaper.

So I'm sure I will be logging back on to order this :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Does/did everyone here have to sign for their delivery?

My order (€102) was left inside my open porch. Not sportsdirect's issue, but seriously ****ty on behalf of DHL like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

Yes I had to sign for the two deliveries i got from them, it was DHL as well. Strange they did that, I would complain to them. Especially for over 100 euro worth of stuff. Someone could just walk in, open porch door and take it. you would of never knew anything about it.
    connundrum wrote: »

My order (€102) was left inside my open porch. Not sportsdirect's issue, but seriously ****ty on behalf of DHL like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

bri007 wrote: »
    Yes I had to sign for the two deliveries i got from them, it was DHL as well. Strange they did that, I would complain to them. Especially for over 100 euro worth of stuff. Someone could just walk in, open porch door and take it. you would of never knew anything about it.

Its supposed to be signed for and you can request proof of signature through the DHL website if anything goes astray

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Connorzee

I sent back two items yesterday to get different sizes. Cost me more to send them two back then it did to buy them and 4 other items of clothing plus postage last week.... It only dawned on me now that i could've bought the correct sizes yesterday for less than it cost me to send them back. Very angry with myself :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I never have to sign for deliveries, I think the DHL driver signs the slips for me.

If you go to the tracking page sportsdirect emailed you you should be able to see an electronic copy of the signature connundrum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Carroller

connundrum wrote: »

Not sports direct related but I had an item delivered with DHL it was a large panoramic frame that cost €70+ which was left just at the side of my house against a wall in plain sight of everyone driving by and a slip in the door saying nobody was home even though I was there all day...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Speaking of dodgy deliveries, I had a new laptop ($900) left in the downstairs lobby of an apartment building by USPS. Just sitting there, anyone in / visiting the 30+ apartments could have lifted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

TPD wrote: »
    Speaking of dodgy deliveries, I had a new laptop ($900) left in the downstairs lobby of an apartment building by USPS. Just sitting there, anyone in / visiting the 30+ apartments could have lifted it.

:eek: Jesus!
    What would have happened if you just pretended you didn't get the laptop. You didn't sign so would they have to reimburse you? You get a free laptop? Same goes for any delivery that has just been left without anyone signing for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

Jesus DHL aren't looking good here. I had a big SD order a few months back. The delivery guy rang the house and was talking to the mother (I wasn't at home) and actually had the cheek to say he was in a hurry and would leave it into Londis in the local town :eek: He even signed it and all himself, can't remember if it was my name he signed or his own, I'd assume it had to be mine though.

I'm lucky that the sister works there, so they made sure we got it. He didn't know that though, it could have been lifted. I didn't take much notice at the time, but after reading all these replies here, if it happens again I'll be complaining to both DHL and letting SD know of this carry on.

Its only this one particular driver in my case though, as 99% of the guys will ring and come right to my door, sound out lads as I usually have a chat with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭col.in.Cr

Say you didn't get it,you didn't sign for it,cheeky bastard

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

:eek: Jesus!
    What would have happened if you just pretended you didn't get the laptop. You didn't sign so would they have to reimburse you? You get a free laptop? Same goes for any delivery that has just been left without anyone signing for it.

Didn't think of that at the time :o

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭alexonhisown

Roughly how long do they take to deliver stuff to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

about 2-3 working days,its not long waiting for delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭BRAIN FEEDs

depends i guess on how much you order.

ive waited a week for stuff to be delivered,sometimes its been just a few days. no delivery on sat or sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Antrim_Man

Still no reply from their customer service :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I got a reply to an email I sent SD regarding the free mug.
    Dear Sir/Madam

Unfortunately we are no longer placing the mugs in orders.

Many apologies

I guess I'll never get one now! :)

byte wrote: »
    I got a reply to an email I sent SD regarding the free mug.

I guess I'll never get one now! :)

Unless you buy one :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

From my experience with SD, they are very cheap, the goods are great quality but their customer service is non existent. One of my orders was ripped open and half the stuff I ordered was missing. 8 emails to SD via their "contact us" email, their PayPal email and via Paypals resolution service failed to elicit a response. Had to file a claim through PayPal to get my money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

From my experience with SD, they are very cheap, the goods are great quality but their customer service is non existent. One of my orders was ripped open and half the stuff I ordered was missing. 8 emails to SD via their "contact us" email, their PayPal email and via Paypals resolution service failed to elicit a response. Had to file a claim through PayPal to get my money back.

Totally agree on the SD customer service being close to non existent but if your order arrived in such poor condition surely that is the fault of the courier and you could have refused to sign for it?

Result after almost a month. Lets see if the cheque ever arrives :rolleyes:

Dear Sir/Madam

Unfortunately the item was exchanged for you but when the warehouse went to pick the item to send it out to you again it was out of stock. I have refunded this for you today. Please allow up to 5 working days for this to show in your account.

To reimburse you for the return postage costs i have requested a cheque be raised for the 9,60euros which is £8.08

This shall be sent out to you next week.

Kind regards

Customer Services

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Had an order from burton.co.uk go missing, emailed them and had a new order within 3 working days.

Then the original order turned up a week later - DHL said they'd delivered it to the wrong house.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Binka

I was in Heatons Sportsworld in Castlebar today and they are selling the big mugs for €2.50. I didn't need to buy one as I got mine free :D

But for all those feeling left out.....:p

I noticed the Slazenger Tshirts that are on the sportsdirect site for €2.50 are €7 in store. Lonsdale tracksuit trousers €20 in store, €8 online. It's great to be able to try out the sizes though before you order.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

Binka wrote: »
    It's great to be able to try out the sizes though before you order.

And it's great to get confirmation of a really good deal. I love gettin a bargain and seeing it costing more somewhere else afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Connorzee

Antrim_Man wrote: »
    Result after almost a month. Lets see if the cheque ever arrives :rolleyes:

Dear Sir/Madam

Unfortunately the item was exchanged for you but when the warehouse went to pick the item to send it out to you again it was out of stock. I have refunded this for you today. Please allow up to 5 working days for this to show in your account.

To reimburse you for the return postage costs i have requested a cheque be raised for the 9,60euros which is £8.08

This shall be sent out to you next week.

Kind regards

Customer Services

I returned 5 items to exchange for different sizes, 2 seperate parcels because they were from different orders, on tuesday via registered post. Bout €30 to send them over altogether. Got an email this evening saying the exchange was complete and got the invoice for the new ones. Happy customer here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Has anyone bought any Adidas NBA stuff. There's an NBA hoodie I'm looking at but unsure with size. I'm usually a M in Adidas originals but will an M NBA be more like a L or XL?

Advertisement