Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SportsDirect.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

This thread has turned nasty since the €1 delivery ended. :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Jayz, the mugs you get with these orders are giant! I think it was nearly bigger than the swimsuit! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I got a mug!
    It's huge, very heavy when full of tea, but you can dunk any size biscuit in it, I think even a wagon wheel would fit!

Oh and daughter got loads of stuff for under €40, the €4.50 jeans are lovely on her, look better than the penny's or Dunnes ones.

Took less than a week from order to delivery, and there was a bank holiday on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Squaredude

I didn't get a mug :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

I received an email saying imy order was passed on to the courier. From now on how long does it usually take to deliver? I'm reading here that on average about 3-4 working days?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭JoeCole26

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Count yourself lucky, they seem to have sent my order back in time :eek:
    and then sent it around Europe :rolleyes:

Ordered on May 2nd, processed on April 28th.

1368095739.013.iPicit.jpg

Riga must be nice this time of year. Package still there, tried to call SportsDirect yesterday, was number 11 in the queue.

Def wont be using these again. Useless

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

mixery wrote: »
    I received an email saying imy order was passed on to the courier. From now on how long does it usually take to deliver? I'm reading here that on average about 3-4 working days?

Usually when it says it's with the courier then it'll arrive that day or within 24 hours.It has for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

JoeCole26 wrote: »
    Riga must be nice this time of year. Package still there, tried to call SportsDirect yesterday, was number 11 in the queue.

Def wont be using these again. Useless

Think its DHL you should be calling......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Had a couple of problems with my order.

Problem 1. Boot bag was ripped when it arrived. I emailed them and they asked me to send a photo. They responded with an apology and a refund of the price of the boot bag.

Problem 2. After using the Addidas runners for Badminton for two weeks (8 hours) the rubber on the soles came off in a few places at the ball of the foot. I emailed them and they asked me to send a photo. They responded with an apology and a refund of the price of the runners.

Have been very impressed with this, especially after reading some of the horror stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭mandz

Was thinking of putting through an order over the weekend. Are there any codes floating about for this month?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Staplor

Order No. 2 arrived today. Ordered on Saturday, arrived on Friday (Bank Holiday in the middle of this), got a mug :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 786 ✭✭✭fangee

Right. Regarding the mugs........ I want two or three.

I plan on spending about £120 on 3 pairs of trainers.

So do I order them individually one day after each other in the hope of getting three mugs or am I more likely to get the mug with a big order if I put three pairs of trainers through at once ?

Is there any relation to what you order, for example, soft fabrics like Hoodies and the mugs arriving ? Are they less likely to put mugs in with "hard" orders like boxed trainers ?

Gotta see these mugs !

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Bartyman

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    Had a couple of problems with my order.

Problem 1. Boot bag was ripped when it arrived. I emailed them and they asked me to send a photo. They responded with an apology and a refund of the price of the boot bag.

Problem 2. After using the Addidas runners for Badminton for two weeks (8 hours) the rubber on the soles came off in a few places at the ball of the foot. I emailed them and they asked me to send a photo. They responded with an apology and a refund of the price of the runners.

Have been very impressed with this, especially after reading some of the horror stories.

Got 2 righted footed runners, was costing €30.00 to return, emailed CS and suggested I'd send a photo, they accepted that and this morning received notification of the refund.

I find Sports direct a great site, have bought lots of stuff, saving money and time, one issue was resolved by a few emails back and forth, even with the £3.99 shipping it's still great for bargains.

One complaint, despite numerous orders, yeah, you guessed it, no mug :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

fangee wrote: »

So do I order them individually one day after each other in the hope of getting three mugs or am I more likely to get the mug with a big order if I put three pairs of trainers through at once ?
    That would cost a lot in shipping. It would be cheaper to just buy the mug.

If you really want two or three, it might be best to order in different names/addresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

My order was in Shannon this morning.

Odds of it reaching my home in Dublin today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

My order was in Shannon this morning.

Odds of it reaching my home in Dublin today?

Does it say 'out for delivery' or 'with courier' or something like that?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 786 ✭✭✭fangee

Pj! wrote: »
    That would cost a lot in shipping. It would be cheaper to just buy the mug.

If you really want two or three, it might be best to order in different names/addresses.

I thought it was free delivery to the UK ?

Didn't realise you could buy the mug ! Why doesn't everybody just do that ?

And what mug do people get ? The sports direct one and do they ask your fav team and send that one ? And why is the sports direct mug more expensive then the branded team ones ?

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SupaDupaFly

Got my order today! Delighted. Really thought it was gonna be a no show. Funny how DHL delivered it when they assured me yesterday that it wasn't even on their system!

Chancers!

No free mug this time. Think its usually with your first order.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭JoeCole26

Techless wrote: »
    Think its DHL you should be calling......

Package arrived this afternoon.

Got mug also.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

Pj! wrote: »
    Does it say 'out for delivery' or 'with courier' or something like that?

No :( Just that it it had left gatwick at 5am this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DupsTheKid

Anybody using parcel motel with their orders? Just wondering is it cheaper for delivery to use parcel motel or just the standard delivery to Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

Silver Tiger I'd say Monday (like you haven't guessed that by now :o ) I've always found mine leave Gatwick at dawn, get marked into Dublin at midnight and delivered following morning. No deliverys on Saturdays though.
    DupsTheKid wrote: »
    Anybody using parcel motel with their orders? Just wondering is it cheaper for delivery to use parcel motel or just the standard delivery to Ireland?

Isn't it €3.50 parcel motel and €3.99 sports direct? So I guess its 49c cheaper, or am I missing out something?

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭styron

123654789 wrote: »
    Silver Tiger I'd say Monday (like you haven't guessed that by now :o ) I've always found mine leave Gatwick at dawn, get marked into Dublin at midnight and delivered following morning. No deliverys on Saturdays though.

Isn't it €3.50 parcel motel and €3.99 sports direct? So I guess its 49c cheaper, or am I missing out something?

€3.50 (per parcel) + £3.99 standard UK delivery charge ... unless you spend over £100 then UK delivery is free ... provided Newtonabbey is not construed as part of the 'Outer UK Mainland' area, then free delivery is off!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

JoeCole26 wrote: »
    Package arrived this afternoon.

Got mug also.

Take it you didn't have to fly to Latvia to get it:D

After your earlier statement,I bet you'll be ordering stuff from them again.There's always stuff you don't need but you have to have 'cos it's cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

So i rang customer services yesterday, the girl was very nice.
    She cancelled part of my order, and i just put in a new order for stuff that had been missed.
    Trouble is i think everything is such a bargain i ordered way more than i should have :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafa1977

fangee wrote: »

Is there any relation to what you order, for example, soft fabrics like Hoodies and the mugs arriving ? Are they less likely to put mugs in with "hard" orders like boxed trainers ?

Gotta see these mugs !

I got the mug with trainers last week but the bleedin handles were broke:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Antrim_Man

Connorzee wrote: »
    I returned 5 items to exchange for different sizes, 2 seperate parcels because they were from different orders, on tuesday via registered post. Bout €30 to send them over altogether. Got an email this evening saying the exchange was complete and got the invoice for the new ones. Happy customer here.

Good for you. No cheque received yet :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭mandz

Have any of you ordered Muddyfox gear? Just wondering if its any good and also what its like sizewise

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭dirtyden

Rafa1977 wrote: »
    I got the mug with trainers last week but the bleedin handles were broke:mad:

Same here got a pair of adidas samba at a great price. Mug came with it but handle had broken off. Damn ugly mug anyhow, but the trainers at almost half price was fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Connorzee

ive had 4 orders in the past 4 weeks for €50 each... never got any mug? Not even a broken one... :(

Advertisement