Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SportsDirect.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭RayCon

€1 delivery over ? .... it's showing as €3.99 for European Road Delivery now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

I ordered late last nite for €1 delivery,must of finished today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Yeah €3.99 showing for me too.

Lucky I made my order last night. It's still £=€ which is the main thing but the €1 shipping will slow down the orders somewhat I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Got my delivery today,the delivery guy was relieved when I told him the price was gone to €3.99.He said they call it crazy Tuesday in DHL as everyone orders from Sports Direct over the weekend and the orders hit Ireland then.

Even with the €3.99 delivery,ordering a bundle of items is still great value.A 10% code would cover delivery anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭mandz

Boo hiss its over :( Why didn't I purchase last night...

might stop me clicking into it all the time now though :) When they see the drop in orders it might just drop to €1 again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Thread / :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

It's coming up at €7.99 delivery now:( Knew I should have put that order in last night. Far less tempting to put in multiple orders when you have to add nearly €8 each time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭ericl

I've just put in an order and it was €3:99 delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

ericl wrote: »
    I've just put in an order and it was €3:99 delivery.

Definitley coming up at €7.99 for me. Just tried again there :(

I tried it there,€3.99 for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 greendodger93

€3.99 for me, wont be making me go elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Balls. I meant to order last yesterday and didn't. I thought they would've said an end date. €3.99 isn't too bad.

I just threw in a couple of T-shirts to see what the delivery was, and i got this :confused::confused:

684igz.jpg

€3.99 delivery and €2 for something else?

Allyall wrote: »
    Balls. I meant to order last yesterday and didn't. I thought they would've said an end date. €3.99 isn't too bad.

I just threw in a couple of T-shirts to see what the delivery was, and i got this :confused::confused:

684igz.jpg

€3.99 delivery and €2 for something else?

Thats weird, where the 2 euro come out of I wonder

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭nowuckenfurries

bri007 wrote: »

£8.00 = €10.00.... €1 = £0.80... ??

Maybe they've copped onto the currency & shipping ?? :confused::confused:

bri007 wrote: »

They are all literally just after jumping up in my bag, to €2.50..

I went to look around the rest of the site, and on the drop down "My bag", they're all gone up to €2.50.

2rdzrxu.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Maybe the euro = pound is gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭gumgum1

I think you can scroll down to the bottom of the mobile site and change it to "desktop site" and change it then

Thanks much

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

shoes I ordered are pretty nice, but too tight :/

reviews said order a size higher so I assumed that meant 9.5 instead of 9. it actually meant 10

i assume I'm on the hook for shipping and whatnot if I want to return them? .. hardly seems worth it

--edit

actually, with a thinner pair of socks they're a decent enough fit. still a bit tight but no pain and nice to walk around in

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭BRAIN FEEDs

anyone else think its only a matter of time before they charge for weight?

btw,what is an affiliate?

when you scroll down the bottom of the site it asks do you want to become an affiliate....

anyone else think its only a matter of time before they charge for weight?

btw,what is an affiliate?

when you scroll down the bottom of the site it asks do you want to become an affiliate....

When you spam other peoples email, and forums with offers from SportsDirect. :rolleyes:

Basically, you put their link (With your unique ID) everywhere you can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

shoes I ordered are pretty nice, but too tight :/

reviews said order a size higher so I assumed that meant 9.5 instead of 9. it actually meant 10

i assume I'm on the hook for shipping and whatnot if I want to return them? .. hardly seems worth it

--edit

actually, with a thinner pair of socks they're a decent enough fit. still a bit tight but no pain and nice to walk around in

I normally take a 9.5 and ordered a 10 in those Donnay and they fit perfect, that's why i was saying to order the next size up

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭AwayWithFaries

zerks wrote: »
    Got my delivery today,the delivery guy was relieved when I told him the price was gone to €3.99.He said they call it crazy Tuesday in DHL as everyone orders from Sports Direct over the weekend and the orders hit Ireland then.

Even with the €3.99 delivery,ordering a bundle of items is still great value.A 10% code would cover delivery anyway.

I have an order due in work today. :D

On the €3.99 thing. Won't put my off. Even if they cop the £ -> € cock up they'll still be pretty hard to beat on price.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I have an order due in work today. :D

On the €3.99 thing. Won't put my off. Even if they cop the £ -> € cock up they'll still be pretty hard to beat on price.

Why does everybody think it wasn't deliberately priced at 1e

• Registered Users Posts: 43,797 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Gatling wrote: »
    Well, delivery to the UK is £3.99.. so seems unlikely that €1 / 85p overseas delivery is correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭AwayWithFaries

Gatling wrote: »

I think the €1 delivery was intentional but I doubt the euro conversion is. Seems like a mistake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Id imagine that they just wanted to increase the market pretty sharpish

I'd say the euro is the currency they're focusing on, and the pound is the (If any) cock-up. (They never brought it down in ratio with the euro)
    They are very big in France and Germany, ergo Belgium/Austria/Switzerland.

This article from just over 2 years ago. They have been buying Currency Contracts, so i'd imagine they keep a close eye on it.
    But most of Sport Direct’s profit boost came from favourable currency contracts, which are used to manage some of the impact of currency movements....

...“Plans are in place to expand our International Retail operations into all 17 countries that have adopted the Euro within five years," Sports Direct said in a statement on Thursday morning.

And from this year
    The company said that sales rose by 14.3pc to £317.4m while gross profits rose 22.7pc to £129m in the nine weeks to March 31...

.... Around 2,000 permanent Sports Direct employees who have been with the business since 2009 will financially benefit from the performance. Mr Ashley has put in place a generous share bonus scheme for employees that is based on Sports Direct hitting profit targets.
    Those targets have been met, meaning the eligible employees will collect 75pc of their base salary in Sports Direct shares in August.
    However, the surge in the company’s share price in the last year mean that an average employee earning £20,000 will collect 12,000 shares worth more than £50,000.

Nice for all the employees.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

I got a second order in on Sunday just before the delivery increase. However even at 3.99 it's still great value delivery, I ordered on Sunday and expect delivery tomorrow.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

yeah ii got a pair of trousers that arrived today, even with 3.99 delivery I said **** it and ordered another pair. only came to 12 euro all in all, still pretty good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭podge018

I ordered on Saturday, it came to €48.99 incl. delivery of €1. The invoice is in my account, still stating the same.

However, I just checked my online banking account and I see that €59.37 has come off my credit card for this transaction.

Can anybody explain that?

Advertisement