Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SportsDirect.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Latest order out for dispatch already, very quick even by their standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Gitb1

Just spent 190 yoyo's. Why do I go near bargain alerts!?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭lodger222

190 euros , but will you get a mug?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

A small investment in customer service would go a long way, tried to remove a pre-order item and they took a week to reply, the order has now been dispatched but in the mean time another item is now out of stock :(.

On the plus side the post man just dropped off a mug. I received an order about 6 weeks ago with no mug but the invoice said enjoy your free gift, looks like they realised the mistake and sent it afterwards. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

A small investment in customer service would go a long way, tried to remove a pre-order item and they took a week to reply, the order has now been dispatched but in the mean time another item is now out of stock :(.

On the plus side the post man just dropped off a mug. I received an order about 6 weeks ago with no mug but the invoice said enjoy your free gift, looks like they realised the mistake and sent it afterwards. :D

They emailed me saying that my preorder item was out of stock so they've cancelled that item but my order is still 'processing', guess I should be expecting the same time delay..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭tuborg_man

Ordered 130 euro, came first thing this morning with dhl,,, no mug though, :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

80s Child wrote: »
    They emailed me saying that my preorder item was out of stock so they've cancelled that item but my order is still 'processing', guess I should be expecting the same time delay..

Mine was taking a long time but once I got that first email it seemed to take off from there- pre-order item removed, order processed, notification of item out of stock, then order dispatched.

All happened this morning.

Mine was taking a long time but once I got that first email it seemed to take off from there- pre-order item removed, order processed, notification of item out of stock, then order dispatched.

All happened this morning.

Just checked mine there again, still processing...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

This 'mug apartheid' by Sports Direct has to stop!! :).

At least in SA the blacks/coloureds knew why they were being discriminated against!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

it is a big mug tho ......came in handy on this cold day

• Advertisement

Order status: processing

Looking at this for four days now..cad e an sceal???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Might just nip into SD next time I'm passing through strabane. Get a mug. Seems they aren't going to send me one to north or south address. Time for another order me thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

They do jumbo team mugs, I see, which are actually a couple of quid cheaper than the Sports Direct jumbo mug to buy. Wonder are they as big as the SD mug, though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

wouldn't worry about it. i ordered stuff two weeks ago and it was 7 days before it showed up. can't really complain when it's 1 euro delivery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

How do you change the currency to euro? I'm getting charged in sterling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

How do you change the currency to euro? I'm getting charged in sterling.
    There's a currency selector at the top of the page.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Rushden

Mine was the same as this, turned out one of my items was out of stock and they emailed me saying the rest of the order was being delivered , took just over a week to arrive from date of order

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

biebiebie wrote: »
    There's a currency selector at the top of the page.

Thanks. I was using the "dumbed down" version of their website on my iPad and had to switch to their full site to see the currency option.

Just bought €160 worth of gear that I can't get in the shops here. Very happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Trhiggy83

Anyone get any free mugs lately :p

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Old Jim

Have have people faired in returning goods to SportsDirect?
    Bought shoes but they sent the wrong size.
    Do they refund the postage charges? How do you inform them what was the postage cost?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Old Jim wrote: »
    Do they refund the postage charges? How do you inform them what was the postage cost?

Best of luck in finding out. Their cs is brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Old Jim wrote: »

They don't refund the postage, their T&Cs state it's up to you to pay return postage. I returned a pair of trainers before, cost me about €6.50 to post and had the exchanged trainers back with me about a week later.

There should be a returns form in with the invoice attached to the parcel bag your shoes came in you can fill in for returns, if not it's on their website.

Rushden wrote: »
    Mine was the same as this, turned out one of my items was out of stock and they emailed me saying the rest of the order was being delivered , took just over a week to arrive from date of order

Cheers for that; I'm at ready to ship now. Worried about sizes and sh1t but hopefully all will be good!

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭PaddyCar

Anyone know what happens if your not at home when dhl are delivering?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

PaddyCar wrote: »
    Anyone know what happens if your not at home when dhl are delivering?

They will normally call you if you aint home when they attempt delivery.
    Then you can sort out with the driver about delivering to another house/neighbour/friend etc in the area.
    If they cant get hold of you, they will try delivery again next day to your house.
    If after a couple of attempts and no success with delivery, normally the package will be sent back to the DHL depot for further follow up to get the package to you.
    After that , it will be returned to sports direct.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

sportsdirect havent passed on my number once so ive rang dhl 3 times each timer i get something ordered so they can pass it on

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

sportsdirect havent passed on my number once so ive rang dhl 3 times each timer i get something ordered so they can pass it on
    :confused:
    You stick the phone number in the address to save that trouble.

Could people post their bargains!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Base Layer top €10.99

Got one of these last week and have used it a few times, every bit as good as Nike/Canterbury ones I have owned before

(Order a size up than normal though, f*ckin hell they are tight!)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

snubbleste wrote: »
    :confused:
    You stick the phone number in the address to save that trouble.

Could people post their bargains!
    i did! and i attached it with my paypal too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Got a adidas speed cell for my boots to track my running, Then checked my bank this morning and noticed i didn't change from Pound to Euro and Im now charged for the extra Exchange rate....Sickend!!!

Anyway...Order mine on Sunday and was viewing my DHL tracking and its still stuck on "Shipment information received"? Anyone else order Monday or Tuesday and getting a quicker movement than i am?

Advertisement