Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SportsDirect.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I know this is NOT going to be popular but why the heck is everyone going mad over the mug?

For a start they are horrible red, white and blue

For a second start, they are wayyyyy too biggg for tea and the likes (ok for beer though ;-))

And lastly, I've never even used mine, it's taking up a lot of space in my cupboard !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

vicwatson wrote: »
    I know this is NOT going to be popular but why the heck is everyone going mad over the mug?

For a start they are horrible red, white and blue

For a second start, they are wayyyyy too biggg for tea and the likes (ok for beer though ;-))

And lastly, I've never even used mine, it's taking up a lot of space in my cupboard !

To answer your silly rant;

1. We like free stuff.
    2. We just want to feel apart of the 'mug' crew

And finally, it's perfect for tea! The more tea the better!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

Mug envy ....Love it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

Did anyone buy any of the karrimor trail running shoes? Thinking of getting a pair but wondering if thery're worth it.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Trhiggy83

80s Child wrote: »
    Did anyone buy any of the karrimor trail running shoes? Thinking of getting a pair but wondering if thery're worth it.

Cheers

They look good quality, for 20 yoyos you cant go wrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

To answer your silly rant;

1. We like free stuff.
    2. We just want to feel apart of the 'mug' crew

And finally, it's perfect for tea! The more tea the better!

Eh, it was a joke, sorry you didn't get it (or a mug:D)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Have to return 4 pants. All the same size on the tags but two are too small and two are wayyyy too big (be careful with the no fear jeans. They are like black bags). What is the cheapest method of getting the back to them?

Trhiggy83 wrote: »
    They look good quality, for 20 yoyos you cant go wrong

I was thinking more along the lines of these bad boys:

http://www.sportsdirect.com/karrimor-d30-mens-running-shoes-211335?colcode=21133552

Any takers??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

They should start selling the mugs, fortune to be made. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭baldshin

mdwexford wrote: »
    They should start selling the mugs, fortune to be made. ;)

Eh....they do!

http://www.sportsdirect.com/sportsdirect-jumbo-mug-758050

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

baldshin wrote: »

Doh, 7 quid is a bit much, was thinking 2.99 would be an ok price.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭False Prophet

Normal size mug for .99c for those that want a cheaper/smaller version of this year "must have" item :)
    http://www.sportsdirect.com/sportsdirect-store-mug-898088

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Picked one up when I was in the UK for 99p. 7 is a tad too much

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭donnacha

Cheers
    I was thinking more along the lines of these bad boys:

http://www.sportsdirect.com/karrimor...lcode=21133552

Any takers??

I've bought quite a bit of the karrimor running gear but no runners. The running vests, jackets and shorts are all as good quality as the likes of nike/puma/adidas. I'd be wary of runners though just because of the damage you could do to your feet. You might be better getting a pair in the sale section off wiggle: http://www.wiggle.co.uk/sale/offroad-running-shoes/ Availability will depend on your shoe size but for example here are two trail runners that are cheaper than the karrimors and more recognised as quality trail runners:
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/inov-8-terroc-330-shoes-aw12/
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/salomon-xr-crossmax-neutral-shoes-aw12/

donnacha wrote: »
    I've bought quite a bit of the karrimor running gear but no runners. The running vests, jackets and shorts are all as good quality as the likes of nike/puma/adidas. I'd be wary of runners though just because of the damage you could do to your feet. You might be better getting a pair in the sale section off wiggle: http://www.wiggle.co.uk/sale/offroad-running-shoes/ Availability will depend on your shoe size but for example here are two trail runners that are cheaper than the karrimors and more recognised as quality trail runners:
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/inov-8-terroc-330-shoes-aw12/
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/salomon-xr-crossmax-neutral-shoes-aw12/

Cheers dude, much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Well I don't pay for sex and therefore I am certainly NOT going to pay for the mug.........there is a logic in there somewhere......honest......:)

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

Many including myself have got caught out with sizing go items so here's an idea that we all could do is measure items we have bought ie chest sizes on tops waist and leg sizing etc and set up a sizing guide for sports direct items

As I do find with some items you are taking a stab in the dark when selecting a size and this could leave us all more confident when buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

sligono1 wrote: »
    Many including myself have got caught out with sizing go items so here's an idea that we all could do is measure items we have bought ie chest sizes on tops waist and leg sizing etc and set up a sizing guide for sports direct items

As I do find with some items you are taking a stab in the dark when selecting a size and this could leave us all more confident when buying.

You could also take a wander into your local Heaton's if convenient and check the brands and their sizes there. The exact same own Sports Direct own brands are in Heaton's Sports World.

vicwatson wrote: »

Eh, it was a joke, sorry you didn't get it (or a mug:D)

Oh I got a mug;)

• Advertisement

Have to return 4 pants. All the same size on the tags but two are too small and two are wayyyy too big (be careful with the no fear jeans. They are like black bags). What is the cheapest method of getting the back to them?

Anyone got any advice on this before it gets swallowed up and disappears amongst the mug comments? :D

Anyone got any advice on this before it gets swallowed up and disappears amongst the mug comments? :D

Do they have one of those free post stamp things you could print off?

If not, an post seems the only way to go....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

Maybe post a link to what you got, with sizes. There might be someone on here that'll take them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

I'm sure those mugs used to be a quid or something online.

I suppose nobody actually buys them so shoving the price up makes the freebie look a lot better.

Do they have one of those free post stamp things you could print off?

If not, an post seems the only way to go....

Ya but they are not free return post. You have to pay it yourself.
    I called An Post and it about €11 regular post.

No fear jeans X 2 and Pierre Cardin trousers - grey cord & cream cord.
    Size 36L.

Wildly different in actual size. The jeans are ridiculous big and the cords are like skinny jeans...

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭SimmerDean

ordered stuff worth 165euro(2 pair of football boots) last thursday night. didn't leave leeds til monday night. arrived in shannon and left with courier yesterday morn and would have been delivered but i wasn't home at 5 o'clock. rang this morn and changed delivery to work address. cust service lady said i'd get it friday but arrived 3 hours after my call. got lots of the cheapest thermal campri gear. all fits me perfectly. i'm 5'10/5'11, 34 waist and mediums were perfict fit. got large sandico thermal shorts and perfect fit too. also got my mug

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

SimmerDean wrote: »
    got lots of the cheapest thermal campri gear. all fits me perfectly.

I got campri thermal pants and very happy with them also, definitely recommended!

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭B Rabbit

Ordered a lot of stuff and came to 230, lets hope its decent! Some great value to be had.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Went in to buy some tracksuit bottoms for the kids and ended up €114 poorer :confused:
    Reminds me of DX with the range, just arrives a lot quicker!!

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

slave1 wrote: »
    Went in to buy some tracksuit bottoms for the kids and ended up €114 poorer :confused:
    Reminds me of DX with the range, just arrives a lot quicker!!

Great price for those kids tracksuit bottoms today, handy for school.

Advertisement