Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SportsDirect.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

4 Arrived at Sort Facility DUBLIN - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF DUBLIN - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF 18:40

So, when should I be expecting this to arrive?

No one will be home tomorrow till 5, am I looking at missing the delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭B Rabbit

80s Child wrote: »
    4 Arrived at Sort Facility DUBLIN - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF DUBLIN - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF 18:40

So, when should I be expecting this to arrive?

No one will be home tomorrow till 5, am I looking at missing the delivery?
    I would expect it to be delivered tomorrow if it's at dublin tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

My order was in Dublin Tuesday and I got it Wednesday. I expect that you'll get a call from DHL tomorrow. If you're friendly with a local shop, ask them to take the order. I do that with my orders mainly because I live in the back arse of nowhere and would feel guilty having a chap driving about looking for my house, even if it is their job!

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Binka

B Rabbit wrote: »
    I would expect it to be delivered tomorrow if it's at dublin tonight

Depends what part of the country you're in. I'm in the west and my parcel took another day to get from Dublin to Shannon. It was delivered the day it arrived in Shannon.

My order was in Dublin Tuesday and I got it Wednesday. I expect that you'll get a call from DHL tomorrow. If you're friendly with a local shop, ask them to take the order. I do that with my orders mainly because I live in the back arse of nowhere and would feel guilty having a chap driving about looking for my house, even if it is their job!

Shot down to the local shop there and sorted. Only after moving to the area but your man was sound out, 'No problem at all, people do it all the time'. Sweet! problem sorted!!

• Advertisement

80s Child wrote: »
    Shot down to the local shop there and sorted. Only after moving to the area but your man was sound out, 'No problem at all, people do it all the time'. Sweet! problem sorted!!

Exactly, happy you got sorted! Just be around to take the DHL delivery man's call and ask him to leave it at X and he'll do so:D

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Stuff arrived today, in a massive box! It was partially open too, but all the stuff was in it, including a Dunlop golf umbrella that might never see the light of day :D

Alas, they didn't send me the infamous mug. Maybe my 3rd order...

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Gitb1

byte wrote: »
    Stuff arrived today, in a massive box! It was partially open too, but all the stuff was in it, including a Dunlop golf umbrella that might never see the light of day :D

Alas, they didn't send me the infamous mug. Maybe my 3rd order...

Got mine today to in he giant box, mug was inside :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,920 ✭✭✭dodzy

Spent 85€ on Tuesday morning. Got a sack of stuff yesterday afternoon to the door. Must say , I had my reservations but the quality of all the stuff is very decent. Jumpers, shorts, boxers, socks - the firetrap stuff is great. Lee cooper tops also. Ordered medium in everything and the fit is excellent so nothing to go back. Really impressed for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

My €2.99 umbrella made it's debut in yesterdays rain, and failed miserably...

One bad gust of wind and it flipped inside out, with about 4 or 5 of the stalk arms ripping apart. Useless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭goodgolfer64

maximoose wrote: »

One bad gust of wind and it flipped inside out, with about 4 or 5 of the stalk arms ripping apart. Useless.

yeah was to be expected in the price

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

maximoose wrote: »

In fairness umbrellas are not particularly designed for the very high winds we got yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Got my second delivery today
    I feel so hurt, still didnt get my mug
    They must not like a Kildare address :(

The mug ploy is very good. Think about it, we all want a mug so we order. Order comes, no mug. We come here to complain and then order again for more stuff we need in hope of a mug. Its a cruel cruel circle but its working :pac:

Same applies for if you get the mug, you feel obliged to thank their good grace :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Pistachio

Got my order, everything good quality and right sizes and I got a mug :) Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Anyone having problems accessing the site?

Anyone having problems accessing the site?

I did last night but close the browser and re open and see then

First order; all good but I should have gotten my Nike running shoes in a 9 1/2, not a 10. Doh!

My karrimor running tops are lovely. I ordered one in a m and the other in a small (because of the reviews) and both fit perfectly.

Going to return the trainers for a half size smaller. Lovely trainers though!

http://www.sportsdirect.com/nike-air-max-excellerate-plus-mens-running-shoes-211279

Oh, and I got a mug... It's a beaut:D

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭reaper180

placed my order on monday, checked tracking order and it says my order has been delivered and signed for in dublin, im down in mayo, so what do people think i should do, first time ordering of them ,,, thanks
    EDIT
    was out all day came home and neighbour came to me ,received order, including mug but unfortunately the handle was smashed, kinda need a handle on those mugs

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Otis_taylor2

got the mug with my order as well... just bought two items for a total of 27 and emailed customer service asking them if they could send me a mug too just to be safe :D Thanks op!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

3 deliveries 3 mugs ðŸ˜gonna leave this one at work or something. They take up a load of space.
    All sizes and clothes spot on. I stick with Nike and Adidas so I know the sizes. Young lad is fairly stocked for clothes......now for myself

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭lodger222

Am I a Mug?

I have got 3 deliveries but no mug.

Is there a minimum amount before you get a mug.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Received an order yesterday and one of the items ,a golf top has one of those metal security tags stuck under one of the armpits .
    Time to get my tools from the garage to remove it ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

Zardoz wrote: »
    Received an order yesterday and one of the items ,a golf top has one of those metal security tags stuck under one of the armpits .
    Time to get my tools from the garage to remove it ...

If you cant get it off. Take it into heatons and show them the delivery docket and ask them to remove if

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭False Prophet

lodger222 wrote: »
    Am I a Mug?

I have got 3 deliveries but no mug.

Is there a minimum amount before you get a mug.
    Would make sense that minimum amount has to be spent. My order was over 100€ and i got a mug.
    Has anyone spent under 50€ and got a mug?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

The first order I ever made a couple of years ago was for about €40 and I got a mug, I have made several orders since and never got a mug again. ( 2 or 3 were above the €100) I am not a fan of the mug anyway as I have mentioned before. The mug is terrible quality and awful looking (and smaller than my usual mug:cool:) so I am not too pushed. If I ever do get another one (seems unlikely!) I would be happy to pass it on to another boardsie who feels hard done by!

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭house45

recieved my order on fri morning everything was perfect, and recieved free mug happy days thanks op.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Binka

Would make sense that minimum amount has to be spent. My order was over 100€ and i got a mug.
    Has anyone spent under 50€ and got a mug?

My first order from last week was for €44 and I got a mug.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Binka wrote: »

My first order from last week was for €44 and I got a mug.:D
    My orders were in 40-60 euro region

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Just a heads up to anybody living in uk, you can buy stuff online and exchange it in store.... I am living in aberdee and found things are often cheaper online. Exchanged a top today that was too big (my new years gym resolution is paying off :o )

Advertisement