Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SportsDirect.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Zardoz

The free mug comes with your order ;) its huge you can nearly wash your socks in it .
    500ml capacity in the mug,I have a few of them for drinking tea,quality mug.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

Came across the site lillywhites.com, which is owned by same company and looks like a clone of sportsdirect's site. Is there a difference, apart from the name, does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Binka

Has anyone bought any Lee Cooper, Tapout or Hardcore hoodies? I'm interested to know if the sizing is accurate.
    I put in my first order last week for 12 tshirts, which should be arriving on tuesday and I thought before I place another order for hoodies I'd check with you all on here.
    There doesn't seem to be too many reviews on the site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Came across the site lillywhites.com, which is owned by same company and looks like a clone of sportsdirect's site. Is there a difference, apart from the name, does anyone know?
    Dunno if this will help you or not
    http://whois.net/whois/lillywhites.com

Registrant:
    Sportsdirect.Com Retail Limited (SPORTSDI91)
    Meadow Lane, Shirebrook

Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, NG20 8RY
    GB

Domain name: lillywhites.com

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

2nd order in 2 weeks. Stocking up on kids clothes while the euro sterling prices are the same ! I stick to Adidas and Nike so ill know the sizing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Just trying to register an account what do I put in as a postcode?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

This offer is just there to be abused. Granted most of the own brand is not great stuff but the reliable branded gear is at great prices £ for € parity and only €1 delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Binka wrote: »
    Has anyone bought any Lee Cooper, Tapout or Hardcore hoodies? I'm interested to know if the sizing is accurate.
    I put in my first order last week for 12 tshirts, which should be arriving on tuesday and I thought before I place another order for hoodies I'd check with you all on here.

We bought two Lee Cooper shirts, a mans and a woman's. Both were on the small side for their size, so their hoodies might be the same.
    The Tapout hoodies seem to be OK for their sizes.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭fergpie

Just a word of caution on sizes. I bought a couple of Medium tee shirts (slazenger and donnay) and they might as well have said XL on them they were so big! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Isn't a lot of this stock the same as Sportsworld in Heatons?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heatons
    More recently, new Heatons stores are being built with an attached "Sportsworld" store and existing Heatons stores are being upgraded to accommodate a Sportsworld.
    A 50% stake in Heatons is owned by Mike Ashley, the owner of the Sportsworld brand which is frequently co-located with Heatons.
    (Mike Ashley owner of sportsdirect)

You could try on some things there to see what the sizes are like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Binka

Proco Jr. wrote: »
    Isn't a lot of this stock the same as Sportsworld in Heatons?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heatons

(Mike Ashley owner of sportsdirect)

You could try on some things there to see what the sizes are like.

Thanks for the info. I have a heatons/sportsworld near me in Castlebar.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

Had a basket filled with about 15 items from across the site for later, basket has emptied itself to 0 items grr :(

Binka wrote: »

Tapout's on the big-ish side. I wear the Slazenger hoodies @ 4XL and can squeeze into large Tapout T's and almost into the XL hoodies. I look ridiculous in them, granted :pac: They're big enough is what I'm trying to say. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Zardoz

kn wrote: »
    This offer is just there to be abused. Granted most of the own brand is not great stuff but the reliable branded gear is at great prices £ for € parity and only €1 delivery.
    £ for € parity,:( bloody hell.
    I ordered some stuff last night and paid in £ thinking I was getting a good deal but I slipped up.
    Usually these sites uses a poor exchange rate but parity is bonkers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Im from england originally and they have lillywhites and sportsdirect. As far as I know they are the same company.
    Yes sportsdirect is attached to heatons here, but this sale is way cheaper than whats in the stores.
    Also sportsdirect bought out jjb, so will see what they do with all the stores.
    Im looking forward to my delivery, id better get my mug. Might have to put second order in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

Zardoz wrote: »
    500ml capacity in the mug,I have a few of them for drinking tea,quality mug.

Many varied uses, hic....

245369.jpg

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Got some great deals on Tshirts etc. The pound for euro along with 1eur delivery is hard to beat! :)

Treat myself since I didn't go on the beer today! Hopefully I'll get a mug this time around, so I can do the same as acalmenvoy above

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

What the feck is the criteria with getting a mug? Is the size of the order, or maybe the size of the box it comes in. I've gotten maybe 3 or 4 orders off them in the last year or so and no mug. I only made a small order this time - any hope?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

kn wrote: »
    What the feck is the criteria with getting a mug? Is the size of the order, or maybe the size of the box it comes in. I've gotten maybe 3 or 4 orders off them in the last year or so and no mug. I only made a small order this time - any hope?
    You need to have 1000 post on Boards. Your only on 999 :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

I got mug first order for one item and no mug second time for 4. Handle was broken on the one I got though, I would have thrown it away anyway. If I get one and anyone in cork really wants it they can have the feckin thing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Some people seriously need to get a life.It's only a god damn mug for christ sake!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

it is a big mug tho

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

Some people seriously need to get a life.It's only a god damn mug for christ sake!!!!!

When you get one you'll understand, it's the mug to end all mugs...:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭ben36

Does anybody know what their policy is on shipping bikes to Ireland now?I'm looking at getting the mountain bike for €65 but can remember a thread here last year about them not shipping bikes over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭aidole

I got a bike delivered before christmas for my daughter, it was a 20"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

ben36 wrote: »
    Does anybody know what their policy is on shipping bikes to Ireland now?I'm looking at getting the mountain bike for €65 but can remember a thread here last year about them not shipping bikes over.
    Bought an adults bike two years ago. Paid normal delivery charge and got it in Dublin no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭ben36

Thanks,just ordered it there:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

My credit card is suffering abuse
    Just put in my second order
    Really hoping I get two mugs now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Trhiggy83

I Loved that Mug

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭the_freaky_one

Another 60 euro worth of order gone through..
    Really top bargain This.

Advertisement