Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ice Hockey on TV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

alanmcl12 wrote: »
    Unfortunately Ireland is covered, I got this mail and said Premier sports isn't available here they replied:
    "Greetings,

unfortunately your GameCenter LIVE will be blacked out in Ireland but we are still waiting for the confirmation on who will be owning the broadcasting rights in IRELAND.

Thank you for you patience."

I'll believe it when I see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,974 ✭✭✭cena

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    I'll believe it when I see it.

I'm not going paying 40 euro or so if games well be blacked out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Unfortunately Ireland is covered, I got this mail and said Premier sports isn't available here they replied:
    "Greetings,

unfortunately your GameCenter LIVE will be blacked out in Ireland but we are still waiting for the confirmation on who will be owning the broadcasting rights in IRELAND.

Thank you for you patience."
    Ah bugger. Just as I had my hopes up.

cena wrote: »

I'm not going paying 40 euro or so if games well be blacked out
    Especially the playoffs and Stanley Cup. If it only till the next day fair enough as I won't be watching much games live anyway but 48 hours is too long

I could go ahead and buy it then when the playoffs come around and are blacked out I can look for a refund and re-send them the email they sent me

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭alanmcl12

Having blackouts this year is really disappointing,
    Just downloaded the xbox app, and the quality is fantastic
    would of really enjoyed using it this year

• Advertisement

Just remembered, I have a VPN thingy on my computer so can change my IP address to one in Spain or France or somewhere and get around the blackouts that way.

Gamecentre live is operated by the same crowd that do the MLB one and in that it just looks for your location and doesn't look at where your account or credit card are registered so hopefully this will be the same.

I've no money till the end of the month but ill probably sign up then

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Xbox 360 app is great news , roll on devils v islanders

UPDATE

Just got another email from GCL.

"Hello,

The rights in Ireland are also held by Premier Sports which is the same company as Setanta Sports, you will be blacked out of the games that are on Setanta Sports. If you have any more questions please let us know.

Thank You

NHL Support"

UPDATE

"Hello,

The rights in Ireland are also held by Premier Sports which is the same company as Setanta Sports, you will be blacked out of the games that are on Setanta Sports. If you have any more questions please let us know.

Thank You

NHL Support"

Does this go for GCL online.

• Advertisement

UPDATE

"Hello,

Thank You

NHL Support"

Bugger. Might just have to sign up so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

Ok so I'm a little confused here. Did Setanta not have the rights last season? And did they show the Stanley cup playoffs also? Cos I don't recall any games being blacked out, not any i went to watch anyway. And the Stanley cup final I watched without any problems. Did Setanta show the final?

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

Ok so I'm a little confused here. Did Setanta not have the rights last season? And did they show the Stanley cup playoffs also? Cos I don't recall any games being blacked out, not any i went to watch anyway. And the Stanley cup final I watched without any problems. Did Setanta show the final?

They had very few as far as I remember, some were shown on the normal setanta channel, but there were no blackouts at all.
    Blackouts have been brought in for this season. According to Premier Sports they have most the first 2 rounds of the playoffs, every game from the conference finals and the stanley cup final. So I assume Setanta will have these too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

They had very few as far as I remember, some were shown on the normal setanta channel, but there were no blackouts at all.
    Blackouts have been brought in for this season. According to Premier Sports they have most the first 2 rounds of the playoffs, every game from the conference finals and the stanley cup final. So I assume Setanta will have these too.

Yep, I purchased Setanta today. I am watching NHL tonight as we speak and it is from Premier Sports.

COYW wrote: »
    Yep, I purchased Setanta today. I am watching NHL tonight as we speak and it is from Premier Sports.

Last nights NHL tonight I assume?

Last nights NHL tonight I assume?

Yep, on about Wade Redden being bought out.

Yep, on about Wade Redden being bought out.

Cool. I catch the previous nights show most mornings at the moment, I doubt Setanta will show it "live" so we'll end up watching previews of the games that have already taken place, if you know what I mean?

I hope I'm wrong on that though, they have a 2hr NHL tonight show pencilled in for Saturday from 6pm until the start of the Penguins game.

What's the quality like? I hear from people in the UK its only in SD
    Might consider getting it for the month of the playoffs, but 15 euro a month is expensive plus there's no intermission during live shows

Cool. I catch the previous nights show most mornings at the moment, I doubt Setanta will show it "live" so we'll end up watching previews of the games that have already taken place, if you know what I mean?

I hope I'm wrong on that though, they have a 2hr NHL tonight show pencilled in for Saturday from 6pm until the start of the Penguins game.

Yes, I know what you mean alright. It could end up being very strange. Interesting to see what they do tomorrow night in the 2 hour slot. I hope they sync up for that. They have managed the get to grips with the advert schedule stateside by the looks of this.
    What's the quality like? I hear from people in the UK its only in SD
    Might consider getting it for the month of the playoffs, but 15 euro a month is expensive plus there's no intermission during live shows

The quality is fine for me. Can't complain about it. On the price, the first 2 months are half price but there is a €9.99 "connection fee" (rip off).

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭brianomc

Has anyone who has renewed GCL been able to log in properly? It keeps asking me to upgrade still. Thats on phone/ipad and pc.

Even the vault wont play so I don't think my account is active.

Fired off an email to them so will wait and see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭eire1

On the price, the first 2 months are half price but there is a €9.99 "connection fee" (rip off).

Is there a minimum period that you have to sign up for to Setanta? I'm with UPC if that helps.

eire1 wrote: »
    Is there a minimum period that you have to sign up for to Setanta? I'm with UPC if that helps.

Two months.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭eire1

Brilliant, thanks.

I'll be out watching the Penguins Flyers game tonight, is anyone in a position to check Gamecenter to see if it is available, or if indeed the dreaded blackout strikes?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

This is what comes up when I go to GCL.

LVz5bHo.png

Well that sucks if you pay for the service and can't watch live

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭brianomc

cena wrote: »
    Well that sucks if you pay for the service and can't watch live

Chicago vs La is also coming up as blacked out. Setanta aren't showing it live, not until 9am tomorrow. Now that's just wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

someone put 50 cents in the ESB meter for setanta , whats happening ??

In depth with Graham whatshisface is on Setanta. Disgraceful stuff. I emailed them and they confirmed that this game was on their schedule. Contrary to the mail they sent me, the schedule does not start on Saturday 19th after all. The game is showing up on the landing page of their site as showing on SS1!

No way I am paying for 3 hours of this nonsense.

• Advertisement

In depth with Graham whatshisface is on Setanta. Disgraceful stuff. I emailed them and they confirmed that this game was on their schedule. Contrary to the mail they sent me, the schedule does not start on Saturday 19th after all. The game is showing up on the landing page of their site as showing on SS1!

Games only starting now. I don't know why they were listed as 8pm start

Advertisement