Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,489 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Bungie CEO and staff got teargassed at peaceful protest in Seattle.

https://twitter.com/pparsons/status/1269636617947340800?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 12,486 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Very peaceful protest, if you ignore the guy who rammed the barricade in a car and then shot someone

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Varik wrote: »
    Very peaceful protest, if you ignore the guy who rammed the barricade in a car and then shot someone

You mean the guy who wasn't there protesting, just the guy who decided to ram the protestors and fire his gun at, and injuring, a black protestor? That guy? The guy who then ran TO the police, brandishing a gun, to protect him. That guy yeah?

You mean the guy who wasn't there protesting, just the guy who decided to ram the protestors and fire his gun at, and injuring, a black protestor? That guy? The guy who then ran TO the police, brandishing a gun, to protect him. That guy yeah?

A mod can likely confirm as I edited it as another longer video came out

I original wrote the car rammed a police barricade but turns out it wasn't a police barricade just one that got thrown by protesters in front of the car after it had already come to a stop. Car also didn't ram anyone.

I originally wrote the guy shot was a protester who tried to detain him after ramming into the crowd turns out the shot person was attacking the car the entire length of the street before even getting near the crowd.

So if you want to still be a **** go ahead, I've no idea if it was an attack on the crowd or police and whether the guy shot was a hero or had it coming for attacking some random driving near the protest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Ssh... that's not fitting the narrative.

Honestly though, if those people hadn't been out protesting then the guy wouldn't have felt the need to drive through the barricade and shoot at them so really it's their fault.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,824 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Mod Note: Lets stop the politics here if it's going to become personal. We already have the Politics forum and the Current Affairs/IMHO/'I'm not racist but' forums for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,377 ✭✭✭recyclops

back to gaming news here is phil spencer discussing the impacts on covid on the xbox launch

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-52961835

recyclops wrote: »
    back to gaming news here is phil spencer discussing the impacts on covid on the xbox launch

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-52961835

I'll be shocked (but extremely happy) if the new consoles Q3/Q4 release dates aren't affected.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,824 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I hope they are pushed back. I've enough things to keep me broke around xmas to be worried about new consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I'll be shocked (but extremely happy) if the new consoles Q3/Q4 release dates aren't affected.

Won't bother me. It'll probably be a year to 18 months at least before I'd pick one up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,105 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Both consoles sound like fairly beastly machines, so what’ll be interesting to see what price they come out at. There’s the usual ~€400 sweet spot, but with all the high-speed SSDs and the like I wouldn’t be surprised if they pushed the price up to 500. They were both designed at a time of relative economic stability (to the degree the economy is ever ‘stable’) but are now going out in a very different context. Very curious to see how it plays out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,377 ✭✭✭recyclops

With working from home and saving money on petrol and crap lunches i have actually been building a little nest egg for a series x so the impact in NOv/Dec shouldnt be too bad the hardest thing will be holding off until then to play cyberpunk

HDD prices per GB spiked when then current gen was in production for launch following the Thai floods, and neither console is pushing size or speed to too much of an extreme on the nand side. Sony not using a off the shelf controller will cost more but it's like when they had those custom PlayStation screws they cost multiple times more than the standard ones they could get but it's still pennies.

recyclops wrote: »
    With working from home and saving money on petrol and crap lunches i have actually been building a little nest egg for a series x so the impact in NOv/Dec shouldnt be too bad the hardest thing will be holding off until then to play cyberpunk

Interesting you bring up Cyberpunk, i was thinking the same thing. I cannot wait to play it but surely will be worth a small (hopefully) wait to play it on glorious next gen instead.

They could well be boom time machines like the 360 and PS3 with the misfortune of launching straight into a global recession far worse than the last one. Could really slow down the consoles hitting their peak user base. Remains to be seen and doubt we will see anything until the world calms down a bit (which could be a very long time).

Interesting you bring up Cyberpunk, i was thinking the same thing. I cannot wait to play it but surely will be worth a small (hopefully) wait to play it on glorious next gen instead.

Would be silly not to launch on next gen consoles when they have a PC version with all the bells and whistle already in place. It's more when they will launch it rather than if.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Would be silly not to launch on next gen consoles when they have a PC version with all the bells and whistle already in place. It's more when they will launch it rather than if.

I'm sure they will launch on next gen but do i get it on release on ps4 and clear it or wait and have the first playthrough when it's looking and playing it's best.

Don't think I'd be able to wait though, huge hype for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,820 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Both consoles sound like fairly beastly machines, so what’ll be interesting to see what price they come out at. There’s the usual ~€400 sweet spot, but with all the high-speed SSDs and the like I wouldn’t be surprised if they pushed the price up to 500. They were both designed at a time of relative economic stability (to the degree the economy is ever ‘stable’) but are now going out in a very different context. Very curious to see how it plays out.

I could see Microsoft taking a bigger hit on the console because with GamePass they have a fantastic revenue stream there that will only improve in the future.

I'm sure they will launch on next gen but do i get it on release on ps4 and clear it or wait and have the first playthrough when it's looking and playing it's best.

If your save carries forward then get both!!

In all likely hood the PS4 version will be cross buy, so you're not costing yourself anything.

Would also bet on the prices not falling quickly on it.

So look at the PC version which the next gen will be closer too and decide if that's worth the wait.

• Advertisement

Do you have base or Pro?

I expect that Cyperpunk will run fairly bad on base PS4 (and awful on Xbox One/S). I think it'll just be a step too far for the base consoles. If you have a Pro or One X i'd say it'll be grand.

Same for a lot of games coming between now and November.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I cannot wait to play Cyberpunk on my new Xbox One X Cyberpunk Limited Edition console :cool:

As for the new consoles, I will have to make the choice of which one to get first. Decisions decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,242 ✭✭✭✭Penn

https://www.ign.com/articles/ps5-reveal-event-rescheduled-for-june-11

Sony's PS5 event seemingly rescheduled for this Thursday, June 11th

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I cannot wait to play Cyberpunk on my new Xbox One X Cyberpunk Limited Edition console :cool:

As for the new consoles, I will have to make the choice of which one to get first. Decisions decisions.

I understand MS making it, they've a stock of parts to repurposed and clear.

But I don't understand people buying it, even with a good trade in deal you're getting an about to be redundant console that isn't all the cheaper than the Series X will be in a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

But I don't understand people buying it, even with a good trade in deal you're getting an about to be redundant console that isn't all the cheaper than the Series X will be in a few months.

The One X is a genuinely decent upgrade from the base Xbox One or even One S and everything that's going to be on the Series X with be on it for at least a couple of years.

If I didn't already have one, I wouldn't be at all adverse to getting one and waiting a year or even two for the Series X.

The Cyberpunk console was sold for £269/279 in the UK over the weekend and around €300 here and that includes the game.

A lot of console for that money.

I have the Pro, sure it will run ok and would be great if there was a 'ps5' patch for the new console, wouldn't be so bad then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Anyone seen the rumour floating about that the game Bluepoint is currently working on is Bloodborne for the PS5? Also, supposedly getting a PC release. I'd be very surprised if the latter was true as I couldn't see Sony allowing it.
    In relation to the former, I was thinking it's a bit too soon to remaster Bloodborne but they did it with Dark Souls so who knows. Think I'd prefer a Demon's Souls remaster /remake.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement