Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I'd sell to CEX before Adverts. "mmmmm would you take 20 euro and a can of lynx for it?" Feck that. I know people who make good money and great at selling and buying on Adverts but it's not for me.

Also hoping to trade in at GS. Ideally, putting down a tenner and then on launch day, bringing in my ps4 and backing whatever it is.

Yea you are probably right. I pretty much only sell things to CEX, the hassle of using adverts isn't worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Brozy

Markitron wrote: »
    You are probably far better off just selling it on adverts
    Yea you are probably right. I pretty much only sell things to CEX, the hassle of using adverts isn't worth it.

You've changed man...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Brozy wrote: »
    You've changed man...

Let me clarify then

CEX>Adverts>Gamestop

I just really hate Gamestop. You go up to the counter with a game and they grill you like you have been found standing over a body, covered in blood and holding a knife with a tattoo on your head saying 'I love to stab people'.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭daheadonu

Would wonder if they do a PS4 trade in deal will it be for a limited time can't imagine they would have luck shifting ps4s close to a ps5 release

Let me clarify then

CEX>Adverts>Gamestop

I just really hate Gamestop. You go up to the counter with a game and they grill you like you have been found standing over a body, covered in blood and holding a knife with a tattoo on your head saying 'I love to stab people'.

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Mafia news was a remake (built from the ground up) of Mafia 1, a HD remaster of 2,and re release of 3 in a trilogy bundle.

Theres a 2 hour trial for Session on the Xbox store. Might give it a go later, craving a skateboarding game since the Tony Hawk news a few weeks back.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Dirty Cheater Suing Valve

https://afkgaming.com/articles/csgo/News/4240-valve-reportedly-responds-to-jamppis-lawsuit

Pro player VAC banned for life. Says he bought a 2nd copy of the game gave it to a friend and the friend cheated.

So much to think about. This was 4 or 5 years ago? What account was he playing on to get pro? he wants 250k

Valve fighting it in Finnish court which I am fairly sure doesnt exist.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Actually thought it was only game that looked absolutely gorgeous.

But then it's Horizon which was.... *yawn*... grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Wow, that Horizon Zero Dawn reveal was...underwhelming. Looks like the first one.
    Deathloop looks awesome though.

Visuals looked like a huge improvement on an already great looking game. The whole event was underwhelming though. The console looking like a cheap router from 2010 didn't help either.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,095 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

New Superbrothers game is called Jett: The Far Shore. You may recall them from the decade-old (!) indie classic Sword and Sorcery EP. This seems to channeling that same hypnotic mix of sombrely majestic art and unusually atmospheric music. Out on PC, PS4, PS5 this year apparently, and IMO looking like a hell of a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Thats me buying a PS5 anyway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Gotta say, that console doesn't look great in my opinion. The disc version in particular. I'd go so far as to suggest that Sony made the disc version fugly so as to drive people to the discless version.

Underwhelmed with the look of the consoles of this coming generation. I knew that they were going to be constrained by the thermals, but man, both are disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,815 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Visuals looked like a huge improvement on an already great looking game. The whole event was underwhelming though. The console looking like a cheap router from 2010 didn't help either.

There was no gameplay shown so we don't actually know what it'll look like while playing.

Sony capitalized again on Microsofts inability to take advantage of fist showing. They simply showed actually gameplay and had console exclusives on show to boot.

Sony capitalized again on Microsofts inability to take advantage of fist showing. They simply showed actually gameplay and had console exclusives on show to boot.

There wasn't that much gameplay shown last night and most of the games that were shown wouldn't look out of place on the PS4.

I thought Microsoft had marketed their event as showing off third party games and the first party studio stuff would be shown in July?

Most of those posting in the Sony thread last night seemed to think it was poor showing.

'No that much' was alot more than absolutely nothing.
    The media tends to agree also.

Microsoft mis-marketed their event. Everyone expected to see some form of gameplay and got nothing, thus the disappointment.

'No that much' was alot more than absolutely nothing.
    The media tends to agree also.

Microsoft mis-marketed their event. Everyone expected to see some form of gameplay and got nothing, thus the disappointment.

There was more gameplay shown in the Microsoft one than most people realized. A few of the developers came out and said it afterwards.

I won't be getting either console at launch this time (first time that's happened) unless GameStop do some decent trade in deals.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    There was more gameplay shown in the Microsoft one than most people realized. A few of the developers came out and said it afterwards.

I won't be getting either console at launch this time (first time that's happened) unless GameStop do some decent trade in deals.

That's the flaw in the marketing then. The consensus is there was no gameplay.

I will only be getting one and not for about 2 years. Same as the previous generations before it.
    I don't get the logic of adopting early in a generation transition.
    Microsoft have effectively made the gaming division a shared space. Therefore I have a high end PC and a One X, I don't need a series X.

The one that gives me a legitimate reason to pick up something that I can't get anywhere else will be PlayStation I'd bet.
    If Nintendo in a few years bring another console then yes that too.

That's the flaw in the marketing then. The consensus is there was no gameplay.

I will only be getting one and not for about 2 years. Same as the previous generations before it.
    I don't get the logic of adopting early in a generation transition.
    Microsoft have effectively made the gaming division a shared space. Therefore I have a high end PC and a One X, I don't need a series X.

The one that gives me a legitimate reason to pick up something that I can't get anywhere else will be PlayStation I'd bet.
    If Nintendo in a few years bring another console then yes that too.

I'd imagine what Xbox showed gameplay wise was missed because there were no in game HUDs I screen from what I can remember?

I'm putting money away now for a Ryzen 4000 and RTX 3000 upgrade in January or February so that's what I'm focusing on next.

I don't like the look of the PS5, it'll stand out in the sitting room like a sore thumb and it'd look stupid on my desk setup. But I want the Demon Souls Remastered so that's probably the one I'll get first.

• Advertisement

TLOU2 Is all that matters today 10/10 across the board so far

Some Scores in already:

Eurogamer Essential
    IGN - 10/10
    Gamesradar - 5 Stars
    Digital Trends - 5 Stars
    Distructoid - 8.5/10
    Gamespot 8/10
    Gameinformer 10/10
    PushSquare 10/10

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

New Superbrothers game is called Jett: The Far Shore. You may recall them from the decade-old (!) indie classic Sword and Sorcery EP. This seems to channeling that same hypnotic mix of sombrely majestic art and unusually atmospheric music. Out on PC, PS4, PS5 this year apparently, and IMO looking like a hell of a treat.

This one was one of my favourite moments of the event last night. Really looking forward to finding out more.

Thought the event overall was fairly disappointing. No elden ring?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

CatInABox wrote: »
    Gotta say, that console doesn't look great in my opinion. The disc version in particular. I'd go so far as to suggest that Sony made the disc version fugly so as to drive people to the discless version.

Underwhelmed with the look of the consoles of this coming generation. I knew that they were going to be constrained by the thermals, but man, both are disappointing.

I like the Series X design. Simple and compact.

The PS5 design is hideous. Its like the Eddie rockets collectors edition lol.

I want it but I don't want the digital only version which is slightly less awful.

It really feels like they will be refreshing the design very soon.

Looking back now that PS5 dev kit is sexy in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Maybe I'm jaded, but I didn't see anything in those trailers that make me want to get on board, and being honest, the Series X isnt either, the only real plus point that would swing to the X, is that I've 3 years of game pass ultimate stacked up, which is phenomenal value, as well as a quite nice collection of controllers, headsets and driving wheel that'll all come forward if I stick in the Microsoft ecosystem.
    Price is going to play a big factor on what I decide to to when these yolks launch.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I like the Series X design. Simple and compact.

Simple, yes, but compact is stretching it. It's pretty chunky, but I do like it.
    The PS5 design is hideous. Its like the Eddie rockets collectors edition lol.

I want it but I don't want the digital only version which is slightly less awful.

It really feels like they will be refreshing the design very soon.

I don't know, hideous is a bit far. To me, it looks like they got one of the assets from the Portal games and used it without any modification.
    Looking back now that PS5 dev kit is sexy in comparison.

Ah here, the dev kit was absolutely terrible in every way.

Anyway, it's all neither here nor there. People won't give much thought to it once they fit* it in under their TV.

*if they can

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I wasn't blown away either. This gen has been awful disappointing so curbed my expectations. Was a decent showing but nothing really blew me away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Stray the best looking so far. Where are the xbox clips?

RasTa wrote: »
    Stray the best looking so far. Where are the xbox clips?

Xbox had a third party event in May and are doing a first party one in July. Sony just seemed to do first and third party together.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,644 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I'm hoping Microsoft will release a new Forza game this year.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement