Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming News

Options

Comments

They allowed it with Sekiro / Dark Souls?
    Don't see why not

• Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Anyone seen the rumour floating about that the game Bluepoint is currently working on is Bloodborne for the PS5? Also, supposedly getting a PC release. I'd be very surprised if the latter was true as I couldn't see Sony allowing it.
    In relation to the former, I was thinking it's a bit too soon to remaster Bloodborne but they did it with Dark Souls so who knows. Think I'd prefer a Demon's Souls remaster /remake.

Yeah, have seen it. A few so-called insiders were adamant it was Demon's Souls though, so maybe it's both? :pac:

Don't see why Sony wouldn't allow BB go to PC. It's five years old now, and they've already allowed a few other PS4 exclusives be ported to PC (Death Stranding, HZD).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,486 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Anyone seen the rumour floating about that the game Bluepoint is currently working on is Bloodborne for the PS5? Also, supposedly getting a PC release. I'd be very surprised if the latter was true as I couldn't see Sony allowing it.
    In relation to the former, I was thinking it's a bit too soon to remaster Bloodborne but they did it with Dark Souls so who knows. Think I'd prefer a Demon's Souls remaster /remake.

They allowed Horizon, and Bluepoint aren't some dodgy dev they're the masters of the remaster.

Don't think it's true as Horizion would have been an easier Job and sell to managment, a fully in house owned IP were a lot of man hours had already been a PC port for the engine of another game.
    They allowed it with Sekiro / Dark Souls?
    Don't see why not

Don't blame anyone as I keep doing it too, but I think you mean Demon Souls and Sekiro was always multi plat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Sekiro and Dark Souls were never PlayStation exclusives. Just Demons and Bloodborne. I wasn't actually aware they allowed other games get a PC release. I stand corrected. Will they also have an Xbox release?

I'm familiar with Bluepoint remasters. I remember reading that Sony never give away their IP's which is why I didn't think it would be likely. Horizon and Death Stranding used the same engine didn't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,820 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

It may have been a PlayStation 4 exclusive so once a new console is released it can go to PC?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,260 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

TitianGerm wrote: »
    It may have been a PlayStation 4 exclusive so once a new console is released it can go to PC?

They're starting to see rumours of Horizon going to PC so a Bloodborne PC version isnt outside the realms of possibility.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,823 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Horizon coming to PC isn't a rumour, it's happening.

Death Stranding also coming to PC. Not sure what Sony are up to releasing exclusives for PC but would love if they were taking the Microsoft approach. Would save me money buying a console. Either way, only a total Sony fanboy would say it's not a good thing that more people get to experience some excellent games.

I actually would love to see Bloodborne come to PC, next best thing would be PS5. That game is really hampered by it's frame rate and frame pacing issues and bumping it up to a stable 60 FPS... well it would probably bump that game up to my favourite from software game.

Bloodborne IP is wholly owned by Sony so it's up to sony to publish it not From. Same with Demon's Souls. If it comes out on another platform it will have to go through Sony.

Sony have released their IP on PC and competing consoles before. G-Police got a PC release. Wipeout got a PC, N64 and Saturn release while 2097 got a release on PC. Destrution Derby 1 and 2 as well went to N64 and PC. I think Psygnosis were kind of weird and had multiplatform stipulation built into their contract for those titles when they were bought out. But nothing else I can think of since the early PS1 era.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Horizon coming to PC isn't a rumour, it's happening.

Death Stranding also coming to PC. Not sure what Sony are up to releasing exclusives for PC but would love if they were taking the Microsoft approach. Would save me money buying a console. Either way, only a total Sony fanboy would say it's not a good thing that more people get to experience some excellent games..

That's why they aren't taking the MS approach. I think they will release more and more of their games on PC, but it won't be day and date with the Playstation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,377 ✭✭✭recyclops

Surely it would drum up hype for ps5 (and any sequels they have planned if they released the originals on PC)

I dont get why they dont often release the original game multiplat just before releasing the new games it would drum up hype

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,823 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Apparently that's the reason for the PC release of Horizon.

• Advertisement

recyclops wrote: »
    Surely it would drum up hype for ps5 (and any sequels they have planned if they released the originals on PC)

I dont get why they dont often release the original game multiplat just before releasing the new games it would drum up hype

That's exactly what they are doing, it's just early days for them.

i mean all console makers should be doing it, i really wanna play mario odyssey, i dont want to spend 300 quid on it and i cant imagine this far after its release they make money from it as alot of people will buy it second hand should they pick up a console

i mean all console makers should be doing it, i really wanna play mario odyssey, i dont want to spend 300 quid on it and i cant imagine this far after its release they make money from it as alot of people will buy it second hand should they pick up a console

You couldn't have picked a worse example that Nintendo. Their games are notorious for long legs and holding their value. It is a common occurrence for people to buy their consoles years and/or a couple of hardware revisions after launch to play the Mario/Zelda games they missed

• Registered Users Posts: 27,820 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Still an extremely popular game and selling very well still.

You could buy a Switch and Odyssey. Clear the game and sell them both and I'd be surprised if you didn't get all your money back.

both of the above are true but in both instances nintendo get nothing as the games are picked up online in adverts or shops like cex so no benefit to them at all ( its what i went and did with breath of the wild picked up a second hand wii u and game for around 130 or so and then traded it back in for less than the cost of the switch game)

both of the above are true but in both instances nintendo get nothing as the games are picked up online in adverts or shops like cex so no benefit to them at all ( its what i went and did with breath of the wild picked up a second hand wii u and game for around 130 or so and then traded it back in for less than the cost of the switch game)

Which is totally anecdotal. The games are still selling as new copies and because there's so little difference between the second hand price and new price it makes less sense to not go for the new copy. Nintendo know how to make games with long legs. We all laughed at Reggie saying NSMB Wii would outsell Modern Warfare 2. But it did by 5 million copies and all 30 million copies were full price new sales.

Well you can do that but many don't. Nintendo games are always close to the top of the charts even years after release, and they never significantly drop their price; BotW is still 55 quid on Amazon over 3 years after release.

Basically Nintendo don't have to release their games on PC cos they still sell copies at full price and, more importantly, hardware years after release.

again all true I am not saying they have to do it at all, I am talking about the benefits of doing it and this is across the board for all companies. I am actually not a big fan of exclusives myself as it costs me a fortune

Obviously there are downsides financially but considering the customer base on Sony consoles especially it would be a big plus from what i can see.

Also dont get me wrong i love nintendo games and there consoles the above anecdote regarding my wii u purchase was just as i could really shell out on another console at the time and really wanted to play zelda.

again all true I am not saying they have to do it at all, I am talking about the benefits of doing it and this is across the board for all companies. I am actually not a big fan of exclusives myself as it costs me a fortune

Obviously there are downsides financially but considering the customer base on Sony consoles especially it would be a big plus from what i can see.

Also dont get me wrong i love nintendo games and there consoles the above anecdote regarding my wii u purchase was just as i could really shell out on another console at the time and really wanted to play zelda.

Their games are their primary way of selling their consoles, far more so than the other two. There would be literally no benefit to them that I could see.

FWIW its worth I would love to see this happen. I hate Nintendo hardware, it is under-powered and overpriced. Be nice to play BotW at 1080p instead of sub-1080p like its 2005 or something

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Markitron wrote: »
    Their games are their primary way of selling their consoles, far more so than the other two. There would be literally no benefit to them that I could see.

FWIW its worth I would love to see this happen. I hate Nintendo hardware, it is under-powered and overpriced. Be nice to play BotW at 1080p instead of sub-1080p like its 2005 or something
    I played the WiiU version on pc in the Cemu emulator and couldnt believe the drop in quality when I started looking up Switch videos on Youtube, the WiiU version emulated is actually better and the loading times are a fraction of both Nintendo systems.

• Advertisement

Thargor wrote: »
    I played the WiiU version on pc in the Cemu emulator and couldnt believe the drop in quality when I started looking up Switch videos on Youtube, the WiiU version emulated is actually better and the loading times are a fraction of both Nintendo systems.

The switch version looks awful on a large modern 4k tv

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Anybody know if gamestop are taking ps5 pre orders? Is there a ps5 thread on here?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,242 ✭✭✭✭Penn

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    Anybody know if gamestop are taking ps5 pre orders? Is there a ps5 thread on here?

There's a PS5 thread in the Playstation Forum.

I'd say the only thing to be wary of is will your local Gamestop still be open in November?

Anyone else not know IGN was doing their own summer E3 thing starting today.

New Werewolf the Apocalypse trailer but no gameplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Varik wrote: »
    Anyone else not know IGN was doing their own summer E3 thing starting today.

New Werewolf the Apocalypse trailer but no gameplay.

Thread here
    https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058075330/6/#post113697799

JimBurnley wrote: »

Will take that as everyone did then.

RoyalCelt wrote: »

I would recommend you go with Smyths instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭daheadonu

Was wondering about GS as well hoping I can offload my PS4 for some extra trade in credit towards ps5 if it's an ok chunk

daheadonu wrote: »
    Was wondering about GS as well hoping I can offload my PS4 for some extra trade in credit towards ps5 if it's an ok chunk

You are probably far better off just selling it on adverts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,489 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Markitron wrote: »
    You are probably far better off just selling it on adverts

I'd sell to CEX before Adverts. "mmmmm would you take 20 euro and a can of lynx for it?" Feck that. I know people who make good money and great at selling and buying on Adverts but it's not for me.

Also hoping to trade in at GS. Ideally, putting down a tenner and then on launch day, bringing in my ps4 and backing whatever it is.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement