Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming News

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 133 ✭✭ijohhj

Poor excuse tbh, they barely acknowledge our existence as is, they might have learned something. Don't think it was a sponsorship spot either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

ijohhj wrote: »
    Dara calling Bulmers magners... :(

Don't want the UK population mistaking it for the H.P Bulmers

Do I google that or is it going to be like goatzee all over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

marcbrophy wrote: »
    There's currently no release date! :eek:

FOL *FűckOurLives

#releasethatshıt

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,235 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Do I google that or is it going to be like goatzee all over again.

Nah, it's a somewhat interesting history of the Bulmers brand, and how it had to change hands and name a few times.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,815 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

CatInABox wrote: »
    Nah, it's a somewhat interesting history of the Bulmers brand, and how it had to change hands and name a few times.

d5HggFI.gif

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,235 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    d5HggFI.gif

Look, it's a fecking lock in, alright? My wife has decided to hog the TV with Money Heist(which is great, by the way, season 1 at least), and my switch is on the other side of the room, so if I think a corporate showdown is interesting then that's totally fine right? Just another coping mechanism! Right? Right?????

The only other similiar corporate showdown that I know of, which is moderately interesting, is Juliana's Vs Grimaldi's in New York. Also, just on case someone wants the actual best pizza in New York, it's Julianas without a doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Rumour rather than news, but I'm bored AF... There's been a supposed info leak for RE8 (DSOG).

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Rumour rather than news, but I'm bored AF... There's been a supposed info leak for RE8 (DSOG).

Nice, loves me some Revelations. Sounds like it's going to be similar to the canned RE 3.5

• Registered Users Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Saints Row 3 Remastered releasing on May 22nd

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,815 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Wonder how it will hold up considering all its humour was based on out of date memes that are now chronically out of date.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,487 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I preferred Saints Row 2, more gangsta than over the top sci-fi.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,239 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I preferred Saints Row 2, more gangsta than over the top sci-fi.

And I preferred Saints Row 4 because it went waaayyy OTT on the sci-fi. It was just a stupid game to play but kinda entertaining, like Saints Row humour (and I use the term loosely) mixed with Crackdown gameplay.

SR3 didn't hold much appeal for me.

Mafia 2 & 3 also getting "Definitive" editions, apparently.

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Mafia 2 & 3 also getting "Definitive" editions, apparently.

Mafia 1 deserves a sprucing up way more than 3.

I don't care what the fans say. The reviews were right about mafia 2 and 3. They're not great. In fact mafia 3 is garbage. The definitive edition should be the copies in the skip behind GameStop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

I'd prefer remakes of Saints Row 2 and Mafia 1

I don't care what the fans say. The reviews were right about mafia 2 and 3. They're not great. In fact mafia 3 is garbage. The definitive edition should be the copies in the skip behind GameStop.

2 was great, had it's flaws but not in the same league as 3's shyteness. 3 was actually good with all the dlc but the base game was boring. Critics made me avoid 2 for a year with it's average reviews. Absolutely loved it when i picked it up, really regretted not getting it sooner.

Is the lockdown still extended until the 19th? No chance Smyths will be open for FFVII Remake? Would rather the cheap physical so I can get rid of it when it eventually comes to PC...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,486 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Is the lockdown still extended until the 19th? No chance Smyths will be open for FFVII Remake? Would rather the cheap physical so I can get rid of it when it eventually comes to PC...

They're still doing deliveries.

• Advertisement

Varik wrote: »
    They're still doing deliveries.

In-store pre-order.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Saints Row 3 remastered out 22nd May

A digital/online version of E3 won't now be happening.

But IGN will be hosting some sort of digital event in June, Summer of Gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

PS5 new controller revealed: the Dualsense.

kzmc3qhjp69xu9csx64i.png

Has "a new haptic feedback system, adaptive triggers for the L2 and R2 buttons, a built-in microphone array, and a new ‘Create’ button in place of the ‘Share’ button from the DualShock 4."

https://kotaku.com/playstation-5-dualsense-controller-revealed-1842733212

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    PS5 new controller revealed: the Dualsense.

kzmc3qhjp69xu9csx64i.png

Has "a new haptic feedback system, adaptive triggers for the L2 and R2 buttons, a built-in microphone array, and a new ‘Create’ button in place of the ‘Share’ button from the DualShock 4."

https://kotaku.com/playstation-5-dualsense-controller-revealed-1842733212

Doesn't look too bad in fairness. After suffering with God awful gamepads since the very first ps1 pad it was nice to have a decent pad on the ps4

• Registered Users Posts: 27,818 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Doesn't look too bad in fairness. After suffering with God awful gamepads since the very first ps1 pad it was nice to have a decent pad on the ps4

The thumb sticks just feel in the wrong spot on the PS controllers for me. Love my Elite Controller but the Pro Controller for the switch is a really solid controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Have to admit, it looks savage. Wonder if the base PS5 will be white as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,821 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

CatInABox wrote: »
    Have to admit, it looks savage. Wonder if the base PS5 will be white as well?

Reading that article above, they said traditionally the base colour was 1. but they've decided to go with 2 tone this time. To me, that means the PS5 will be 2 tone also. And I don't like white anything really, so there better be a non-white preferably-black option.

Surprised nobody has mentioned it looks similar in shape to the Xbone controller. Audio and haptic feedback sound promising.

Is also going to get confusing if that's the name of the controllers going forward. DualSense. So the PS6 will have DualSense 2, or DS2, not to be confused with the DS2 (DualShock 2), so to save confusion this will be the DS5 (DualSense) and the PS6 will have the DS6 (DualSense 2).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Surprised nobody has mentioned it looks similar in shape to the Xbone controller.

I fell like if you went to a 3rd party controller company and said, I like the shape of the xbox one controller, but the button layout of the DS4, that's what they'd mock up for you in an hour on photoshop :D

I do like it though! Maybe not the colour choices, like yourself. But definitely the shape :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement