Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,436 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Crackdown 3 delayed again

Microsoft, getting fed up tbh

They are actually pulling my lad at this stage! :mad:

They must be in worst development hell than that FF7 remake :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Crackdown 3 delayed again

Microsoft, getting fed up tbh
    Putting so many eggs in the basket of a a five year delayed game that is the third installment of a game whose first two iterations have 83% and 70% Metacritic scores is sadly, quite an accurate representation of the current state of MS exclusives.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,884 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Taiko Drum Master coming to Switch in English.

Even better, if you already bought the game on the Japanese eshop, it will be receiving an English language patch:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-06-08-taiko-drum-master-for-switch-is-getting-an-english-version

If you don't know what the hell I'm talking about, it's one of the finest rhythm games made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Even better, if you already bought the game on the Japanese eshop, it will be receiving an English language patch:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-06-08-taiko-drum-master-for-switch-is-getting-an-english-version

If you don't know what the hell I'm talking about, it's one of the finest rhythm games made.

This looks amazing, how do I get it on PS4 and does it support English?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Can't be better than the rhythm mini-game in God of War 3.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,884 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

This looks amazing, how do I get it on PS4 and does it support English?!

Think the Asian/Hong Kong version is in English. You can get it from the Hong Kong store or from playasia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

€92 on eBay, kinda tempted :D Looks like so much fun!

GTA San Andreas available on Xbox back compat now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I seen the box for it in the local PS4 store here. (with the actual drum peripheral)
    Was nearly gonna pick it up but never heard of it before.

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I seen the box for it in the local PS4 store here. (with the actual drum peripheral)
    Was nearly gonna pick it up but never heard of it before.

They're all excellent games. The arcade machine though is a sight to behold and loads of fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

So did any of you see the trailer for the new PS4 game...Twin Mirror ? Announced a few mins ago.
    From the makers of Life is Strange.
    Twitch chat was pretty funny for once "2013 called ...it wants it's graphics back" etc

SeantheMan wrote: »
    So did any of you see the trailer for the new PS4 game...Twin Mirror ? Announced a few mins ago.
    From the makers of Life is Strange.
    Twitch chat was pretty funny for once "2013 called ...it wants it's graphics back" etc

I was looking at it with the sound off. At the start of if all I could think of was Deadly Premonition.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,860 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Kingdom Hearts 3 had been given a release date. January 29th 2019.
    Japan gets it January 25th

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Kingdom Hearts 3 had been given a release date. January 29th 2019.
    Japan gets it January 25th

I wonder if it will be a good game this time. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Lawbreaker game is going F2P as its swan song.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/350280/LawBreakers/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

• Registered Users Posts: 12,327 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

ELIA5?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Skerries wrote: »
    ELIA5?

https://lutris.net/about/
    Lutris is an open source gaming platform for GNU/Linux. It allows you to gather and manage (install, configure and launch) all your games acquired from any source, in a single interface.
    Interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,327 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

As much as I hate a lot of their policies it'd be sad to see the brick and mortar stores to buy games genuinely becoming a thing of the past. This trade in deal with 20 quid and an old game can't make money. If you have a lot of copies of COD4 remastered, Skyrim or Yookaa Laylee you won't get back the loss of selling those on second hand for most of the profit of God of War, Monster Hunter World or Far Cry 5 new.
    Long term I can't see the likes of Smyths surviving either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

ERG89 wrote: »
    Long term I can't see the likes of Smyths surviving either.

Smyths isn't just games, so I think there safe enough. They could easily just go with console hardware and money for the console digital stores, as they are also a toy store.

Having said that Game Stop was good to pre-order new consoles, and if they go, the only place will be Smyths.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Have Argos stopped doing pre-orders on consoles?

Smyths stock has been rising for years

They just bought out Toys R Us

They are going knowehre

• Registered Users Posts: 29,542 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Smyths also have new releases for 55-60 euro while GS stick to RRP of 70. Argos have the occasional good luanch deal as well. GS is the worst place to buy a new game (other than exclusive preorder fluff) for price so it was only a matter of time. Either they were greedy to not be competitive or they didn't have the buying power of stores like argos and smyths who sell a hell of a lot more goods.

As much hate as they get, will still be sad to see them go.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,170 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah God of War was only 50 euro to pre order at Smyths and Gamestop paid me 50 euro when I finished it. I have no idea how they make money off these crazy trade in offers they do (not that I'm complaining).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I don't see how online retailing is much an excuse for them as they do that too. Can see the same thing that happened to HMV going on here if someone buys it out.

I don't see how online retailing is much an excuse for them as they do that too. Can see the same thing that happened to HMV going on here if someone buys it out.

I would think it's digital purchasing on consoles or the likes of steam that would be affecting more so than the likes of Amazon or other online retailers.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,321 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Yeah God of War was only 50 euro to pre order at Smyths and Gamestop paid me 50 euro when I finished it. I have no idea how they make money off these crazy trade in offers they do (not that I'm complaining).

I'd say it's a loss leader. They sell games either at what it costs them or lower to get people into the store and spend money on other things where they make a bigger profit. They'll make so much off toys and used games that they can take the hit on the new games because it'll get people into the store in general. I know any time I've gone in to get a game for a nephew or something, I'll buy PSN credit for myself, and probably a card, wrapping paper, maybe a toy as well if the game is cheap enough etc.

Penn wrote: »
    I'd say it's a loss leader. They sell games either at what it costs them or lower to get people into the store and spend money on other things where they make a bigger profit. They'll make so much off toys and used games that they can take the hit on the new games because it'll get people into the store in general. I know any time I've gone in to get a game for a nephew or something, I'll buy PSN credit for myself, and probably a card, wrapping paper, maybe a toy as well if the game is cheap enough etc.

I was told by someone working in Smyths that it is not, in fact, a loss leader and that when Smyths hired the European buyer for Gamestop they were able to get them a better deal and that at the minute the only major company doing a loss leader in games is Tesco when they do offers on new tittles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

No surprise brick and mortar games suffering. I personally went full digital on my xbox onex andpay more for games, then they cost in shop only, because I want digital.
    Here is solution to these shops: start selling digital codes as well for all games and I bet they will win out of it. I for sure would buy a lot more from them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement