Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,504 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Never been one on a home console, even if the Switch portable this is new.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,896 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Retr0gamer wrote: »
    They've filed one lawsuit which any idiot lawyer will know is going to fail. It's a stalling tactic to delay the launch of fortnite in Korea which it so happens to coincide with.

Not sure what the delay is ...

I live in Korea and have it here on PC and PS4.
    In fact when I signed up for the PC one, I had to jump through all the stupid Korean internet hoops of using my ID card and personal info in order to register.
    Website/game was in Korea too.

It's already out here a while now.
    read somewhere is was launching in Korea. ... I've been misinformed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Is PUBG out on mobiles back home?
    Everyone here is feckin playin it on the subways

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,181 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Turns out a ‘core’ Pokemon RPG is also on the way on top of the one in the ad: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-05-30-additional-untitled-core-rpg-pokemon-game-coming-to-switch-next-year

Nintendo clearly aren’t satisfied with most of the money, and want all the money instead. Regardless of whether you want either of these games, they’re probably the ones that’ll give the Switch an extra sales boost over the next year or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Pokemon is a franchise that has never held any interest for me. I was already 20 by the time Red and Blue were released here - not that I would have had a Game Boy to play them on. It's always been way too cutesy for liking. Maybe it would have been different if I played it as a kid, I know my daughter loves them, but it sounds completely tedious to me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Pokemon is a franchise that has never held any interest for me. I was already 20 by the time Red and Blue were released here - not that I would have had a Game Boy to play them on. It's always been way too cutesy for liking. Maybe it would have been different if I played it as a kid, I know my daughter loves them, but it sounds completely tedious to me.

I'm in the same situation as you.
    Despite being a massive fan of Nintendo and owning a GB on release, I was just that bit too old, 20 as well, when the Pokemon wave struck and I never understood the appeal.
    My son thinks they are amazing, though his interest is far more with Fallout/Skyrim/Dark Souls these days.

These new Pokemon titles strike me as place holders until the main course is delivered next year.
    So, this Xmas we can expect Pokemon specific, no dock, Switch packs on the market, sweeping up those previous 3DS owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Is PUBG out on mobiles back home?
    Everyone here is feckin playin it on the subways

It is.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,896 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Pokn is a pretty solid RPG. The only real issues is that the games don't get really good until the post game content where it's a lot more challenging.

They're quite well written and witty.

When the first game and anime came out I should have been too old but I loved them anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Jesus, Microsoft is now crowd-sourcing its Xbox support:

https://www.polygon.com/2018/5/29/17406254/microsoft-layoffs-twitter-support-xbox-ambassadors
    Microsoft laid off a team of Xbox support staff earlier this month, replacing them with volunteer Xbox fans, according to two sources affected by the layoffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Pokn is a pretty solid RPG. The only real issues is that the games don't get really good until the post game content where it's a lot more challenging.

They're quite well written and witty.

When the first game and anime came out I should have been too old but I loved them anyway :)

Yeah, same here, was probably a bit old for Pokemon when the games came out, but the first ones were great fun. I got red and my brother had blue and it was great fun.

My Mum has been into Pokemon Go and plays its every day. Will have to show her the trailer for the new game, she heard about it and taught it was an update for Go. May get her a switch so she can play it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

First pokemon game I played was in my 30s, a year or two ago.
    I honestly couldn't understand why is it good or so popular.
    Then again I am a freak who loved Monster Hunter games, before they became cool with MHW.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Fallout 76 announced today

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Prequel I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 12,504 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Leaving a working vault is new, could have your own valut city in the end if they build on the settlements.

quick google says vault 76 was to open 20 after the war, so putting it in 2097.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Varik wrote:
    quick google says vault 76 was to open 20 after the war, so putting it in 2097.

Aye, date in trailer says 2102

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,058 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Leak about From Software' new project. Obviously can't be confirmed so take from it what you want but sounds interesting if any truth to it. Hopefully some updates at E3 will be forthcoming.

https://gamerant.com/from-software-shadows-die-twice-detail-leak/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Kuon was a strange game, the gameplay was pretty bad and it was a buggy mess, but it had a great atmosphere, solid story and was genuinely creepy at times, so I would be happy if From used it for inspiration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Xenji wrote: »
    Kuon was a strange game, the gameplay was pretty bad and it was a buggy mess, but it had a great atmosphere, solid story and was genuinely creepy at times, so I would be happy if From used it for inspiration.

I think From are probably the best suited to develop an old school atmospheric survival horror. They create some truly unsettling areas in their games (Tower of Latria in Demon Souls and Hemwick Charnel Lane in Bloodborne come to mind).

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Didn't ubisoft said about whole games as service plan? They are pumping another pne out again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Didn't ubisoft said about whole games as service plan? They are pumping another pne out again?
    Not so much for their single player centric games, it's more for the likes of Rainbow Six, The Division, The Crew etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,329 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Red Faction Guerrilla remaster release date is July 3rd, 2018. Gratis if you already own it on steam. link

• Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Good at the time but I have absolutely zero desire to replay it, wouldnt mind seeing a new Red Faction entry sometime though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

In response to the backlash from removing some adult games, Steam has decided to allow anything on the store that isn't illegal or full blown trolling. Good news imo, as it should be up to the consumers what they see.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/593110/announcements/detail/1666776116200553082

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Kiith wrote: »
    In response to the backlash from removing some adult games, Steam has decided to allow anything on the store that isn't illegal or full blown trolling. Good news imo, as it should be up to the consumers what they see.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/593110/announcements/detail/1666776116200553082

And to no surprise, journalists are mad about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,263 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Great. Can't wait to be blinded by lens flare.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,117 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Lost: Battle Royale.

100 characters are dropped on island while a storm of fan theories and expectation closes in on you.

• Advertisement

Crackdown 3 delayed again

Microsoft, getting fed up tbh

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement