Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW FIS Claims waiting periods

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 m.g. walsh

applied in augest, got comfirmation letter dated 12 september, nothing since, anyone got contact number

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Kevint30

Letter today payment this Thursday back pay to follow. im 7th of September. Best of luck everyone else

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Jordannoah

Congrats Kevin30. I'm 5th September still haven't heard anything. Starting to panick a bit. I gave tried calling them twice. Ringing for an hour each time. Just wish i would here something

Jordannoah wrote: »
    Congrats Kevin30. I'm 5th September still haven't heard anything. Starting to panick a bit. I gave tried calling them twice. Ringing for an hour each time. Just wish i would here something

thanks hopefully good news this for you

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Jordannoah

Just off the phone to FIS I was approved payment and arrears on Thursday. Delighted is an under statement. I feel like I've won the lotto. Good luck to everyone still waiting. Not long now the seem to be powering through now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭aidole

Hi just looking for a bit of advice, i called them today and they said that we were sent a letter yesterday to say they are looking for more payslips. We are sending them in as soon as we get the letter but will we be put to the end of the pile or will we be seen to quickly? We are waiting 25 weeks now and our money is starting to run out.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 mattsd2012

aidole wrote: »
    Hi just looking for a bit of advice, i called them today and they said that we were sent a letter yesterday to say they are looking for more payslips. We are sending them in as soon as we get the letter but will we be put to the end of the pile or will we be seen to quickly? We are waiting 25 weeks now and our money is starting to run out.

I doubt u will be put to the back of the pile when u send them ring them 2 days later and tell them u sent all documentation that was required and keep at them

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

There will be a return envelope with the letter and it will have the name of the person dealing with it.Once you return it ,it will be dealt with.there is no waiting and it goes to the top of the queue.I wouldn't waste my time or money ringing them.I would expect to receive the decision from them within 5 days after you post the payslips

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Going Demented

Applied 4th December. It went to an inspector in January. Still have heard nothing from the inspector. Does anyone know how long or how they contact you. Partner works for his father farming with the last 20 years. Do they contact partner, his father or the accountact or me.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭catyb20

Bank account is healthy again! Got paid fis, i'm the 7th of september. Haven't received a letter yet about it!
    Hope it isn't too much longer before everyone is sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Annette Delaney

Hi just to let everybody know, I applied for FIS last year and after 6 months of waiting etc was refused (problem down to my husband being self employed). Anyway applied again two weeks ago for this year and have been approved, it was actually paid into my bank account today. In total shock so maybe they are starting to sort through them a lot quicker. I think 14 day turn around is fab, one happy girl. Good luck to everybody with your applications.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 blueyblue

Hi just to let everybody know, I applied for FIS last year and after 6 months of waiting etc was refused (problem down to my husband being self employed). Anyway applied again two weeks ago for this year and have been approved, it was actually paid into my bank account today. In total shock so maybe they are starting to sort through them a lot quicker. I think 14 day turn around is fab, one happy girl. Good luck to everybody with your applications.

Rang today. Automated message says all new applications made after 5th November are processing without delay. Maybe this is why you got you got your's so quick Annette Delaney? Hope it is cause I got my date through last week 21st Feb. Did you get a letter before the payment or did they just lodge it into your account?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Betty-ireland

Applied 4th December. It went to an inspector in January. Still have heard nothing from the inspector. Does anyone know how long or how they contact you. Partner works for his father farming with the last 20 years. Do they contact partner, his father or the accountact or me.
    First they will contact your partner and interview him, then they will speak to his father and possibly his accountant but not sure about that bit tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I was refused a few weeks ago, I went to my local TD who went through the welfare site print offs with a fine tooth comb and I appealed.

I was refused as they worked out I would be better with my partner getting the BTEA increase for the two kids instead of me getting FIS. The difference was less than a €1. So no arrears.

I have been contacted and asked for more information and will get this in immediately.

Just in case anyone has been refused and is starting to doubt their calculations, I would say appeal and get another person to look at your application.

Our income is no where near the limit for 1 child let alone the 2 children we have!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Annette Delaney

Hi there yes a letter arrived today was in my account yesterday.

We got our letter today to say it has been approved, such a huge relief:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 817 ✭✭✭audman

We got our letter today to say it has been approved, such a huge relief:)
    What date were you

We were the 5th of September but they sent out a letter last week asking for payslips and a p60 so sent that back and got it yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

They are processing claims with a start date of 27th of September.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 blueyblue

Got the letter and money in my account today (and more than I was expecting too) :) My date was 21st feb so 2 week turnaround. Delighted! Hope you all get sorted soon

• Advertisement

FIS2013 wrote: »
    Oh that's brilliant.my date is October 3 so hopefully very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭hootietootie

FIS2013 wrote: »

That would be great!! I'm 22nd September so hopefully my letter is on the way

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Pretty Pink Butterfly

I just rang and they said they are still on the middle of September.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Like what?Is there rules not mentioned ?

So, we have had our review disallowed.

I have been on the phone with a lovely guy who explained it all to me and I had to put each scenario on a spread sheet to get my head around it.

Hopefully if I totally explain this it will help someone, because ifI had known all this a year ago, I would have changed jobs and wouldn't be in so much debt.

Basically:

We currently get €64 added to my partners BTEA as an half rate increase for 2 kids, less means for me working 25 hrs per week.

Without FIS:
    BTEA: €252.30(inc for 2 kids and partner less means for partner income)
    Pay: €288.16
    Total: €540.46

The figures I sent in were:

BTEA: €188 (no increase for partner and 2 kids)
    €602 - total €125.84
    FIS: €75.50
    Total: €551.66

They say:
    BTEA: €157.70(no inc for partner and 2 kids and - means for partner working)
    Dif - €602= €156.14
    FIS: €93.68
    Total: €539.54

92c in the difference between the 2 calculations, so no FIS payment and no arrears.

Even though BTEA is not means tested, for the purposes of FIS, the payment would be €157.70, because the FIS applicant is working and so the payment IS means tested.

This is not explained on the FIS information leaflet or web page.

I still dont understand it as I thought BTEA was not a means tested payment, I know it will be for new applicants, but not for existing (he has being claiming BTEA for 3 years.

Oh well, time to give notice in the creche.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Lollydolly12

so still waiting on arrears since 8th feb, seriously like :( anybody else having hassle with arrears?

so still waiting on arrears since 8th feb, seriously like :( anybody else having hassle with arrears?
    Would you not ring them to see what the story is.Its a bit much having to wait for the payment in the first place without having to wait for arrears too

Waiting for my arrears since my first payment at 1st of march.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Lollydolly12

Kevint30 wrote: »
    Waiting for my arrears since my first payment at 1st of march.

whats the reason for you having to wait?

ive rang 3 times and also emailed and 2 weeks ago i was told it would be in the bank today at the very latest but nothing so i rang and a very unpleasant woman said there is a back log and i have to wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭hootietootie

Money in my account this morning-no letter yet-date 22/09/12. I had sent away new payslips a fortnight ago, don't know if this speeded it up a bit, I hear people are being asked to forward on new ones.

Good luck everyone!

• Advertisement

Money in my account this morning-no letter yet-date 22/09/12. I had sent away new payslips a fortnight ago, don't know if this speeded it up a bit, I hear people are being asked to forward on new ones.

Good luck everyone!
    Did you get your arrears too? I hear some some people have got payment but still waiting on arrears .

Advertisement