Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW FIS Claims waiting periods

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Luthien wrote: »
    Hi, yabadabadoo! You seen to be inform about all off this, can you help me? My claim date is the 24 may when I call fis they told me that they sent to the inspector in the Dundalk area on the 2 oct, do you know any contact number that I could use or email adress? Thanks in advance
    I wouldnt know any phone number or email to contact an inspector but I would ring or email FIS on monday and ask them for the name and phone number of the inspector dealing with your claim .FIS cant do anything for you until the inspector returns the file after their investigations so the best bet is to get onto the inspectors offfice in dundalk and put a bit of pressure on them to get it sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Luthien

yabadabado wrote: »
    I wouldnt know any phone number or email to contact an inspector but I would ring or email FIS on monday and ask them for the name and phone number of the inspector dealing with your claim .FIS cant do anything for you until the inspector returns the file after their investigations so the best bet is to get onto the inspectors offfice in dundalk and put a bit of pressure on them to get it sorted.

Thanks very much for your reply, will do that on Monday and try to get the info from them.

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Lollydolly12

hey guys, i no some one that got awarded yesterday first time application, dated 15th July.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 mattsd2012

hey guys, i no some one that got awarded yesterday first time application, dated 15th July.

Frustrating I'm first time applicant and they said I'm June 28th......

i really dont understand it myself from reading here, but this person rang & was told on the phone they were awarded yesterday and they would have the money next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

i really dont understand it myself from reading here, but this person rang & was told on the phone they were awarded yesterday and they would have the money next week.

The 15/7/2012 was a Sunday so it could'nt be that date.Most likely 15th June ,which would make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 gmcevoy

if mine is 22/6 any idea when ill here anything yabadabadoo

o yea true they must have told me the wrong date so, cos that would add up to 21weeks next week.

anyone happen to know what date they are on now

gmcevoy wrote: »
    anyone happen to know what date they are on now

I think were driving ourselves inseane checking this and then checking the bank I tried ringing them there Gary couldn't get through give them a buzz and drop me a text

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Long Lad

Hi Guys. My application was recieved on the 22/06/2012. I rang them last friday and the bloke on the phone told me that they were stopping at 19/06/2012 claims until after christmas because they are only dealing with renewal claims between now and christmas. So that means if any new claims dated after the 19th of june wont be processed till the end of january. The bloke on the phone told me it was by order of his work management to stop at the 19th claims.
    I cant believe it. My claim is the 22/06 and Im into my 20th week of waiting. Now I have to wait till the end of january.

Long Lad wrote: »
    Hi Guys. My application was recieved on the 22/06/2012. I rang them last friday and the bloke on the phone told me that they were stopping at 19/06/2012 claims until after christmas because they are only dealing with renewal claims between now and christmas. So that means if any new claims dated after the 19th of june wont be processed till the end of january. The bloke on the phone told me it was by order of his work management to stop at the 19th claims.
    I cant believe it. My claim is the 22/06 and Im into my 20th week of waiting. Now I have to wait till the end of january.

There still workling on 15th June so no need to panic long lad

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Long Lad

Hope your right matt. Could do with it badly this side of christmas

Long Lad wrote: »
    Hope your right matt. Could do with it badly this side of christmas

just off the phone now to them .... and as matt said they are presently dealing with the 15th

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

hi does anyone know what week they are on for new claims ? my confirmation letter dated july 2nd wondering will i hear soon 19 weeks waiting now !

• Registered Users Posts: 27 hairless

yabadabado wrote: »
    If there is self employment it always gets sent to an inspector at the first application.It will be processed with 2/3 days of Longford receiving it back.

Hi Yabadabado, it's two weeks today I met with the inspector and still no news... I'm starting to get nervous again... This inspector seemed really very positive but this delay feels like bad news...

• Registered Users Posts: 22 anjo70

just rang them and the girl said the have stopped processing new claims until the new year ..waiting since 15 july

Dont understand at all. I rang on monday and they said they are still processing and at that stage where on the 15th of June... did they say what date they stopped on.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Francescoli

They stopped on the 20/6/12.anyone who hasn't recieved their payment yet won't get their claim processed until the new year.

Any idea why they would have done this.... will it not cause a further backlog for them after christmas to try deal with....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Glo waiting

That news has brought me to tears have they any idea how this is effecting people waiting and not knowing system is a joke just got a guy on phone there I'm July 25th he said the claims have being moved to new department to try and clear backlog so not to expect to hear anything till after Xmas they will have no idea now what status people's claims are at

That news has brought me to tears have they any idea how this is effecting people waiting and not knowing system is a joke just got a guy on phone there I'm July 25th he said the claims have being moved to new department to try and clear backlog so not to expect to hear anything till after Xmas they will have no idea now what status people's claims are at

sorry to have upset you ..but the waiting is killing me to i got different answers the last few times i called so i needed to know straight up where i stood and thats what i was told cant believe it my self .. i believed the minister when he went on the news saying he was going to sort it out ... still havent got all the kids school books since september and wont get the back to school payment till i get sorted with fis ..what a mess .. but dont let it get to you to much it will come eventually

this is ridiculous :(

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Glo waiting

I emailed this TD today as he seems to be the only one who has publicly highlighted the delay and backlog I think it can't do any harm to email him and contact ur local TD mine is enda Kenny lucky me but I'll definitely be payin his office a visit next week try see what's goin on http://denisnaughten.ie/2012/09/13/fis-delays-are-failing-working-families/

So this is how they clear a backlog by stopping processing claims.... I f I just stopped doing my job tomorrow I'd be fired I really doubt this has happened well certainly hope not....

mattsd2012 wrote: »
    So this is how they clear a backlog by stopping processing claims.... I f I just stopped doing my job tomorrow I'd be fired I really doubt this has happened well certainly hope not....

hi i hope its wrong myself but thats what i was told when i rang the fis phone line today ,a few weeks ago i was told i had a few weeks left the middle of november then last week i was told by a very rude member of staff well you just have to wait till after christmass like everyone else i was confused about it thats why i rang again today ...same here i dont finish work till my work is done and if i have extra work i just have to work faster ...hopefully it will get sorted faster!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 jen09

I also emailed my local TD today to see if she has some answers as to why they are not processing new claims, my date was the 17th aug god knows how long ill be waiting now

jen09 wrote: »
    I also emailed my local TD today to see if she has some answers as to why they are not processing new claims, my date was the 17th aug god knows how long ill be waiting now

mine is 9th august so i no how ya feel im so mad now to hear that they have stopped processing new claims, its a joke, what do they expect people to do :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭catyb20

This is awful! Ive been following the thread on and off, i knew i'd be waiting awhile as my date is sept 7th, but my god how do they expect ppl to live! Im on mat leave at the min, but back to work part time in january and with rent and childcare on part time wages i don't know how that will work! Urgh so mad >:-(

• Advertisement

People need to calm down... i would be very suprised if they have actually stopped processing claims as it would cause an even bigger back log. They are clearing all renewals at the minute as they are priority based on already claiming. its hardly their fault that in the past year the amount of applications have increased ten fold... Honestly id say anyone with new applications dated end of july will be sorted by christmas and maybe even pushed out to mid august applications.............. And just to clarify to all im a new applicant too and still waiting... look at the illogical concept of them cancelling claims its now early november and they processed 15th of June last. Imagine they restart in January.. anyone that applies in november may aswell wait till next november to get paid... Id say they are giving worst case scenarios

Advertisement