Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW FIS Claims waiting periods

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

hey all im waiting since 3rd of feburary has been with social welfare inspector last 8 weeks had to call to the office 4 times before i got a call back from her so she is calling next week fingers crossed hope im not refused been a long wait!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Keogh08

AngelaG wrote: »
    kior3 wrote: »
    hey guys just got my fis payment in my account today no back pay waiting since the 29th of march !

Very confusing as I rang yesterday and they told me they dealing with new applicants dated 10th march . Delighted you are sorted . I'm 13th May so still have a long way to go ....

Also confused, our acknowledgement letter is dated the 23rd March. Was hopeful to receive a payment yesterday based on posts above. No payment so I rang & was told they are on mid-march & it will be another 3-4wks before ours is processed!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Gealach

hey guys just got my fis payment in my account today no back pay waiting since the 29th of march !

Another person here confused by this was your claim a Renewal?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Annette Delaney

Hi there I was waiting since 31/1. Was with social welfare inspector for about 8 weeks. She called out to my place of work to clarify a few matters. My husband was self employed and had his own business so she asked for last yrs accounts. Sent them on and explained he has not worked since Nov 2011 ( he is a carpenter) etc.
    We received a reply last week to say we were refused as were over the earnings. Mine was fine as I work 20 hrs but they took all the directors wages from my husbands accounts of last year and not his only, not only that they had grossed it.

I have appealed this as the figures are incorrect and have sent p60's.

Can anybody clarify why they take my dh wages from last yr as it is this yr we have no wages hence we applied for fis, also I thought they worked off net wage, they did on my wage calculation. And lastly do you have to wait long to get an answer to your appeal? 6 months now and struggling.

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Hi there I was waiting since 31/1. Was with social welfare inspector for about 8 weeks. She called out to my place of work to clarify a few matters. My husband was self employed and had his own business so she asked for last yrs accounts. Sent them on and explained he has not worked since Nov 2011 ( he is a carpenter) etc.
    We received a reply last week to say we were refused as were over the earnings. Mine was fine as I work 20 hrs but they took all the directors wages from my husbands accounts of last year and not his only, not only that they had grossed it.

I have appealed this as the figures are incorrect and have sent p60's.

Can anybody clarify why they take my dh wages from last yr as it is this yr we have no wages hence we applied for fis, also I thought they worked off net wage, they did on my wage calculation. And lastly do you have to wait long to get an answer to your appeal? 6 months now and struggling.

Thank you
    If he hasnt worked since Nov 11 has he deregisterd ?If he has then send in the letter from revenue with your appeal.The appeals office are extremly slow.
    As for the figures taken that would have been given to FIS by the inspector in their report maybe contact the inspector regarding the figues and aslo have any info you think will help your case,might stop it going for a full appeal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 kior3

Gealach wrote: »
    yes mine was a renewal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Gealach wrote: »
    yes mine was a renewal

There's another thread for renewals :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 amygal

Just wondering has anyone any update:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

There on April 17th now

Is this for new claims, rang yesterday and said our should be processed in 2-3 weeks at most, neversaid what date they were on, our date is 24th april, fingers crossed won't be much longer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 will25-m

Hi I sent my application in June was just wondering how long does it take to get aletter to say they have received it

• Registered Users Posts: 24 PixieDixie

Hi, I rang on Monday. Mine is a new application dated the 26th March and they told me they are on mid march and that mine will be about another 2 weeks.
    i don't know where all these other dates about them being on end of March and April for new claims are coming from. the guy I spoke to in FIS was adament that they were only mid march and haven't touched any new claims further than that date.
    After reading some of the comments up here about getting claims that were dated end March etc I was sure my claim would be processed any day and was checking my bank constantly and then was constantly disappointed. Better off just ringing (and holding!) to find out exactly the date.

will25-m wrote: »
    Hi I sent my application in June was just wondering how long does it take to get aletter to say they have received it
    You should get a confirmation letter within 2 weeks at the latest.

yabadabado wrote: »
    You should get a confirmation letter within 2 weeks at the latest.

Is that from the date I sent or two or so weeks from now

will25-m wrote: »
    Is that from the date I sent or two or so weeks from now

from the date you posted it.

Had a feeling something was up that I havnt heard from them probably went missing.
    Thanks for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 6 jkee

Hi guys... my date was 28th feb and after 20 wks of waiting. I just got a letter today dat i have an interview with an inspector... does this mean that the inspector will be d one to make a decision on my application...

hi all had inspector out today she is sending the form back to fis department today i live in longford so only has to send upstairs does anybody no how long it takes then to be processed?

anyone no what date they are on now?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 llj

holly19 wrote: »
    Phoned today my date was 14th march,told my first payment should be in my bank AC tomorrow ,fingers crossed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 whelo1

holly19 wrote: »

12/04 renewels

is the 12/04 for new claims too??

PixieDixie wrote: »
    Hi, I rang on Monday. Mine is a new application dated the 26th March and they told me they are on mid march and that mine will be about another 2 weeks.
    i don't know where all these other dates about them being on end of March and April for new claims are coming from. the guy I spoke to in FIS was adament that they were only mid march and haven't touched any new claims further than that date.
    After reading some of the comments up here about getting claims that were dated end March etc I was sure my claim would be processed any day and was checking my bank constantly and then was constantly disappointed. Better off just ringing (and holding!) to find out exactly the date.

Pixie Dixie my letter is dated the 26th of March too, I think people are responding with renewals dates and causing confusion (and disappointment) as I am like you checking my account daily. I rang at the start of last week and was told 3-4 weeks so that would be consistent with what you were told. I have also counted the weeks and for us 20 weeks is the week of August 13th which is 2 weeks time.

does anyone know what date they are on??? is the minimum waiting time 20 weeks????

I tried phoning earlier but didn't get through, does anyone have an update as to what date they are on for first time claims?

Rang on monday, our date is the 24th april, told me it would be in the next week or 2, its a new claim, rang last week and was told 2-3 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭whats_happenin

I'm still waiting and I'm the 23/2 had to send more info back and every time I ring I get told soon anyone know how long soon is

my husband applied for FIS when i lost my job. i didnt sign on the dole because in the long term we would be better off on FIS and i am only available to work part time. will they refuse us because i didnt sign on the dole??

Anyone else any updates or who have rang fis dept lately, what dates have ye been given

• Advertisement

cayhol wrote: »
    my husband applied for FIS when i lost my job. i didnt sign on the dole because in the long term we would be better off on FIS and i am only available to work part time. will they refuse us because i didnt sign on the dole??

They wont refuse the claim because you didnt sign on.

Advertisement