Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW FIS Claims waiting periods

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,522 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I have 1 child, on one parent income and working 19 hours at 7euro an hour as training. Will i be refused because Im not on the min wage??

Wouldnt be refused on those grounds but the employer will be investigated .

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Lollydolly12

how cum? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Kellbelldd

Cause minimum wage is just that, the minimum an employer can pay you. I think it is €8.65 or so

Kellbelldd wrote: »
    Cause minimum wage is just that, the minimum an employer can pay you. I think it is €8.65 or so

but i am an apprentice in my second year so really what im getting is correct

but i am an apprentice in my second year so really what im getting is correct

We aren't saying its wrong but it will still be investigated to make sure the employer is complying with the regulations.

I think its NERA who check out the employers ,if you are an apprentice that usually covers the employer not paying min wage.

• Advertisement

yabadabado wrote: »
    We aren't saying its wrong but it will still be investigated to make sure the employer is complying with the regulations.

I think its NERA who check out the employers ,if you are an apprentice that usually covers the employer not paying min wage.

i get you now, well hopefully i wont be affected because its tough going and im relying on getting fis so fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Jonquil14

Ive just been reading the posts. fis received my claim on the 3rd of april and after ringing many times and told another 7-10 wirkin days. But finally i got the letter today only to be told i was declined payment because i didnt meet the required hrs of 38 hours per fortnight... But i work 19 hrs a week which would be 38 a fortnight ? Really confused i wonder if they got something wrong.....has anybody heard about this before im goin to appeal as im a single parent and really need this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 moll85

Anyone got any update for dates on new claims?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭AngelaG

Jonquil14 wrote: »
    Ive just been reading the posts. fis received my claim on the 3rd of april and after ringing many times and told another 7-10 wirkin days. But finally i got the letter today only to be told i was declined payment because i didnt meet the required hrs of 38 hours per fortnight... But i work 19 hrs a week which would be 38 a fortnight ? Really confused i wonder if they got something wrong.....has anybody heard about this before im goin to appeal as im a single parent and really need this.

If you work 19 hrs EVERY week then you should be entitled I would appeal

AngelaG wrote: »
    Jonquil14 wrote: »

If you work 19 hrs EVERY week then you should be entitled I would appeal[/Quote

Thanks, ye i just talked to my payroll collegue in work and she thinks they calculated it wrongly because in get paid monthly , soin im goin to appeal it but its just they effort after waiting so long its gonna take even longer ......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 alkar

Does anyone know what date they are on now? Cant get through on the phone and my 20 wks are tomorrow and still nothing my date is the 12th april

• Registered Users Posts: 6 lex26

alkar wrote: »
    Does anyone know what date they are on now? Cant get through on the phone and my 20 wks are tomorrow and still nothing my date is the 12th april[/Quote

my date is 30th march havnt heard a thing yet

Does anyone know what date they are on now? Cant get through on the phone and my 20 wks are tomorrow and still nothing my date is the 12th april

My date was 3rd of april and i got the letter monday gone 27th aug , so was waiting nearly 22 weeks .....
    Hope this helps....

Seriously 40 mins on hold and still no answer from fis, no wonder people cant get a date from them when they wont even answer the phones. Do they realise just how much it cost to ring them....:-(

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Nina123

Sent 1st time application in on 1st May, received letter back on 11th May so figured I would be hearing something from them about now. Stuck on hold at the moment over half an hour, wondering is it worth my while!! Due new baby next week so hopefully that doesn't put a spanner in the works while my application is still pending!

Will keep you posted when I finally get to speak to someone!

Im the 12 april nina and still nothing back yet

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Nina123

Hi Alkar,

Got through after 37 minutes and they are on the 27th April as of today so it should be another fortnight for me, fingers crossed. Might be worth calling them considering thats after your date....

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Kellbelldd

It would make sense for them to use their automated service. Dial 1 for new claims where they could give you an up to date claim date. Dial 2 for renewals. Surely they could up date the system first thing in the morning it wouldn't take 5 mins. Something like We are currently processing claims for DD\MM\YYYY would cut out the holding times for claimants and the need for someone to man the phones in the FIS dept.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 jm0903

I got my letter on the 16th of May saying my first time claim recieved what is the average waiting time for the application to come through

• Registered Users Posts: 3 tmiller

Husband just called them they're currently working on 5th April so perhaps they meant 27th March?? when you called Nina123. Our claim is 10th April so fingers crossed should only be another week now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 tmiller

To jm0903 we have been waiting 21 weeks today and the average waiting time seems to be 20-22weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 29 jm0903

tmiller wrote: »
    To jm0903 we have been waiting 21 weeks today and the average waiting time seems to be 20-22weeks

Thanks for that have another 4-6 weeks so

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Mumoftwoangels

Hi All!
    My date was 10April/new application.Got the money today with backmoney.21 weeks i waited.
    I hope it helps.
    Good Luck

They have begun processing claims with a start date of 3/5/12.

Hi all, my date was the 12 april new claim recieved my money and backpay today, at lot less than what i though but to be honest we are just delighted it came through. 21 wks waiting yesterday.
    A happy mum of 4 :-)

Hi all, my date was the 12 april new claim recieved my money and backpay today, at lot less than what i though but to be honest we are just delighted it came through. 21 wks waiting yesterday.
    A happy mum of 4 :-)

So happy for you - I'm 17th so still a few weeks to go .....

17th of April ?it should be processed now .

17th of April ?it should be processed now .

Unfortunately it 17th May so god knows how long it will be ..... Any guesstimate Yabba ???

Unfortunately it 17th May so god knows how long it will be ..... Any guesstimate Yabba ???

3 to 4 weeks .

• Advertisement

3 to 4 weeks .

Thought as much thanks Yabba. I hope the backlog and system gets sorted soon for all new applicants and for when it comes to renewals ....

Advertisement