Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW FIS Claims waiting periods

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MOLL1208

MOLL1208 wrote: »
    Hi all, I received a letter refusing FIS, I received it last year and nothing has changed but they said that I am over by €10. I am going to appeal but I dont know what to say on letter. With levys and increases in everything we buy and my child is hopefully going to 3rd level, I am struggling as it is. Is it worth my while appealing when they have said I am over the limit.

Can anyone at all advice me on the above please as I really dont know what to do..Please

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭midlands1

Hi there, quick question Im getting one parent and i am going to start work doing 19hours a week min wage, am i entitled to Fis and will i be taxed much on my wages?

You wont be taxed,

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Glyni

Hi all, I received a letter refusing FIS, I received it last year and nothing has changed but they said that I am over by €10. I am going to appeal but I dont know what to say on letter. With levys and increases in everything we buy and my child is hopefully going to 3rd level, I am struggling as it is. Is it worth my while appealing when they have said I am over the limit.

Can anyone at all advice me on the above please as I really dont know what to do..Please[/

Have they disregarded your eldest child and reduced your limit? Maybe if you can provide evidence they are in full time education it will bring you back within the limits.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Hi there, quick question Im getting one parent and i am going to start work doing 19hours a week min wage, am i entitled to Fis and will i be taxed much on my wages?

It depends on your income from work and one parent family payments and how many dependents you have.No way of knowing if you will receive FIS on the info you have given us.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 llj

Does anyone know what date there working on now,impossible to get through to them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭whats_happenin

Anyone get any news on what date there on

• Registered Users Posts: 4 lous77

Rang today , said they're working on the 13th Feb, told me mine (9thFeb) would be another two weeks , rang again an hour later was told there is a back log from the 24th Feb, so I'll be waiting another three weeks , wound up. I could go on an all out rant ... but I won't !

lous77 wrote: »
    Rang today , said they're working on the 13th Feb, told me mine (9thFeb) would be another two weeks , rang again an hour later was told there is a back log from the 24th Feb, so I'll be waiting another three weeks , wound up. I could go on an all out rant ... but I won't !
    Its so frustrating all anybody wants is an honest answer,it can't be that hard to figure out what date there working on,I could vent all day about this

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭midlands1

I would imagine the phones are quite busy and maybe we should not be ringing them twice a day, Maybe you should call them again in a few days . The 24th Feb is on a Friday and the 13th Feb is on a Monday, the claims start on a thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MOLL1208

Glyni wrote: »

Can anyone at all advice me on the above please as I really dont know what to do..Please[/

Have they disregarded your eldest child and reduced your limit? Maybe if you can provide evidence they are in full time education it will bring you back within the limits.

I have only 1 child so they havent disregarded them as they would have said in letter, anyway I appealed the decision but Im not hopeful of a positive outcome. I thought I would get a little more help on this page but I suppose everyone have their own problems.
    Thanks u for replying anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

I have only 1 child so they havent disregarded them as they would have said in letter, anyway I appealed the decision but Im not hopeful of a positive outcome. I thought I would get a little more help on this page but I suppose everyone have their own problems.

Yep, abuse because you didn't get the reply you want.
    I don't really know much about this but it would strike me that the Citizens Information Bureau would be your best port of call.
    Go in and explain everything to them and bring them all the info you have.
    Good luck :)

When you appeal send in more payslips and any other info you have to back up the appeal.Also a letter outlining the reasons you are appealing.
    They count overtime,commission and bonuses as income so that might be a reason you are over the limit.

midlands1 wrote: »

I would imagine the phones are quite busy and maybe we should not be ringing them twice a day, Maybe you should call them again in a few days . The 24th Feb is on a Friday and the 13th Feb is on a Monday, the claims start on a thursday
    I know the claims are on a Thursday that's what's so frustrating about the info I was given

I know the claims are on a Thursday that's what's so frustrating about the info I was given
    Its done different for a first time claim,the first payment can issue any day and is then paid every thursday thereafter.
    They are processing claims that came into the dept. on the 16/2/12.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭whats_happenin

Thanks for the update

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭AngelaG

I was told nearly 2 weeks ago that they were dealing with March ?? Now it February ?? Very confused .....

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Glyni

AngelaG wrote: »
    I was told nearly 2 weeks ago that they were dealing with March ?? Now it February ?? Very confused .....

New claims are on February.

Renewals are on March.

That's why there's 2 different dates.

Backlogs are huge so it's a long wait either way unfortunately 😥

• Registered Users Posts: 24 PixieDixie

I have a new claim that was in the middle to end of March and I spoke to them 3 weeks ago and told them it was a new claim and they said they were on the start of march and that it would be 4weeks minimum that I would be waiting to hear. . . . . not holding my breath though after reading some of the other posts! frustrated.com :mad:

Got sorted today thank god , thanks for the info along the way, good luck with your own situations

So pleased for you,its good to hear the positive posts,does anyone know what date there on now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 amygal

Rang last week and they were on 13th march, rang this morning and they are on the 26th march, told me ours should be processed in 3-4 weeks and our date is 24th april

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭ned rierson

is the FIS payment for the current week or previous week ?

is the FIS payment for the current week or previous week ?
    Its paid a week in advance.
    eg. todays payment 12/7/12 pays you up to 18/7/12.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭ned rierson

thanks yabadabado

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭applejunkie

Hi all
    Applied for FIS in March and got a letter from them the end of June requiring me to come off my husbands Jobseekers , I did this and last Friday I received a payment from FIS in my bank account , problem is the payment from fis and my husbands jobseekers combined is less than he was getting on jobseekers originally , Ive phoned them but I need to wait to receive a letter to see who the deciding officer was , I work full time and by our calculations we should have been getting around 40 euro extra per week but cant understand how our money is now less than when we applied
    Can this be right ? I thought that FIS increased your income , not decreased it

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭jenniwenni

Wow I had no idea the waiting times were so long. I just got my acknowledgement letter last week! It will be a tough few months :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Gealach

I phoned yesterday and was told new claims are on 14 or 16 of March and that my application for the 26th of March could take 3-4 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 kior3

hey guys just got my fis payment in my account today no back pay waiting since the 29th of march !

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭AngelaG

kior3 wrote: »
    hey guys just got my fis payment in my account today no back pay waiting since the 29th of march !

Very confusing as I rang yesterday and they told me they dealing with new applicants dated 10th march . Delighted you are sorted . I'm 13th May so still have a long way to go ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Hi all
    Applied for FIS in March and got a letter from them the end of June requiring me to come off my husbands Jobseekers , I did this and last Friday I received a payment from FIS in my bank account , problem is the payment from fis and my husbands jobseekers combined is less than he was getting on jobseekers originally , Ive phoned them but I need to wait to receive a letter to see who the deciding officer was , I work full time and by our calculations we should have been getting around 40 euro extra per week but cant understand how our money is now less than when we applied
    Can this be right ? I thought that FIS increased your income , not decreased it

We were refused last year because we would get more with me as a dependant on my partners claim. They sent us a letter saying this and when we called the number the person went through her calculations. In my situation, i went part time half way through the year but they disregarded my payslips and instead took an average of the previous 42 weeks earrnings as my weekly earnings. So i have to apply again this year :(

Advertisement