Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW FIS Claims waiting periods

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

l
    snuggles09 wrote: »
    there is definitley no other scheme, we are on nothing at all..will ring them now, thanks:)

i called and there is no hold up, he just said that the arrears have to be checked before they are submitted, he said this thursday i should have them and if not, early next week at the very latest:)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 PixieDixie

Hi, anyone have any idea what date they are currently processing?? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭midlands1

PixieDixie wrote: »
    Hi, anyone have any idea what date they are currently processing?? :rolleyes:

Is yours a new claim or renewal

• Registered Users Posts: 24 PixieDixie

midlands1 wrote: »
    Is yours a new claim or renewal
    its new, letter a received back from them acknowledging receipt of application is dated 31/03/12

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭whats_happenin

Anyone know what date they are on now they are on the last date the past 2 weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭AngelaG

Hi everyone I'm a new applicant and thought someone was messing with me when they told me it is approximately 20 week wait !!!!! My letter is dated 13th May so am I right in saying it could be 28th September before I get paid anything ?????

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭corsica

Hi Also have new claim, got letter dated 22 Mar, so would be grateful for any updated info from people.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Keogh08

Rang today, they are currently on the 5th of March, my letter is dated the 23rd of march so fingers crossed will be within the next three weeks.

Keogh08 wrote: »
    Rang today, they are currently on the 5th of March, my letter is dated the 23rd of march so fingers crossed will be within the next three weeks.

Thanks Keogh going by that I have about 10 more weeks of scrimping to go !!!!

AngelaG wrote: »

I rang last Tue and they where still on the 9th of Feb and I am the 23rd and I heard nothing did anyone else get a date

• Advertisement

I rang last Tue and they where still on the 9th of Feb and I am the 23rd and I heard nothing did anyone else get a date

Maybe give them a ring again tomorrow, she definately said the 5th of March so hopefully yours is on the way!

Maybe give them a ring again tomorrow, she definately said the 5th of March so hopefully yours is on the way!
    just rang they said they are on the 10/02 now and ill be another 2 weeks

So you rang last tuesday and they were on the 09/02 & today they said there are only on the 10/02!
    Seems to be different dates are given depending on who u get through to.
    Anybody else get given a date in the last few days?

So you rang last tuesday and they were on the 09/02 & today they said there are only on the 10/02!
    Seems to be different dates are given depending on who u get through to.
    Anybody else get given a date in the last few days?
    I know very slow aswell I rang 3 times this month and twice I was given the 9/2 and now the 10th

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭ned rierson

I rang yesterday. One team is working on Feb, another on March. Hence the different dates. 10 - 12 weeks its taking to process claims.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MOLL1208

Hi all, I received a letter refusing FIS, I received it last year and nothing has changed but they said that I am over by €10. I am going to appeal but I dont know what to say on letter. With levys and increases in everything we buy and my child is hopefully going to 3rd level, I am struggling as it is. Is it worth my while appealing when they have said I am over the limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭hgm

Hi i just thought i would let those of you waiting know. We applied for the FIS on the 12th April and received our first payment yesterday 14th June.So hopefully you won't be waiting long.It was a new application not renewal. I was very suprised! Good luck to you all.;)

hgm wrote: »
    Hi i just thought i would let those of you waiting know. We applied for the FIS on the 12th April and received our first payment yesterday 14th June.So hopefully you won't be waiting long.It was a new application not renewal. I was very suprised! Good luck to you all.;)

Wow that was fast !! Not to sound insulting but did you hound them via phone or did u have anyone pulling strings or was it a straight application ?? I suddenly see a light at end of tunnel.....

• Registered Users Posts: 44 bluestrawberry

oh wow thats the fastest fis renewal in history!! we waited 6 months for ours, only got it last week! we have 3 kids and we lived on basics for months, when i got the money i was nearly half afraid to spend it i waited so long!! well done you, families shouldnt have to wait so long its not fair, kids cant understand why they cant go on day trips or why you cant pay for stuff, its a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 lous77

our date was 9th of Feb on a new application, nothing yet, three kids, not fun:(

• Advertisement

Just got through to FIS they are still working on applications dated 8th March so I have still about 9-10 week wait .

lous77 wrote: »
    our date was 9th of Feb on a new application, nothing yet, three kids, not fun:(

Any update on yours I'm the 23rd Feb and no news

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭metoyouxxx

i was speaking to them yesterday and i was told they are working on the 9th of Feb, what is going on at all.

metoyouxxx wrote: »
    i was speaking to them yesterday and i was told they are working on the 9th of Feb, what is going on at all.

they are on that date nearly a month now

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭metoyouxxx

they are on that date nearly a month now

two weeks ago we were told that we were on top of the list and that we would here within the week, for the end of feb :confused:

just rang they are on the 13th Feb now

• Registered Users Posts: 1 buzzbuzz666

I phoned today was told their on 8 march. my application went in on the 20th march. cant get back to school allowance until this is sorted. hoping it wont be to long more

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Lollydolly12

Hi there, quick question Im getting one parent and i am going to start work doing 19hours a week min wage, am i entitled to Fis and will i be taxed much on my wages?

Hi there, quick question Im getting one parent and i am going to start work doing 19hours a week min wage, am i entitled to Fis and will i be taxed much on my wages?

How many dependants ? I have 2, work 19 hrs minimum wage and entitled to FIS .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Lollydolly12

Hi AngelaG

One child, i no im going to have a long wait so im not looking forward to that :/ cant be helped..

Advertisement