Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW FIS Claims waiting periods

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 uxak

just a quick question,
    i am on back to education allowance and have been working over 19 hours since xmas. my bte will cease on 31st may and i want to apply for fis.
    can i apply on 1st of june with my May payslips? or do i need to wait until end of june and apply with june payslips. if i wait would they backdate to 1st of june?
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Minicopper

Any1 have updates on what date they are on???

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭midlands1

Minicopper wrote: »

Current thread says 23/2/12

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭whats_happenin

23/01/12 when I rang last week for new apps

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

processing 31/1/12 claims now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

the social welfare inspector called to me yesterday, he was lovely

he's sending the form off to Longford today so he said to keep an eye on the post the end of this week start of next week and to check my bank on a Thursday..shouldn't be too much longer now

snuggles09 wrote: »

he's sending the form off to Longford today so he said to keep an eye on the post the end of this week start of next week and to check my bank on a Thursday..shouldn't be too much longer now

Most likely be next week before you get anything if he is only posting it today.It takes 2 days to go into the bank from the date they award it.It will be in your account before you get the letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Cossy75

Hi, did he ring from blocked no. ? i got a lot of blocked no. calls last week but didnt answer ( never answer blocked numbers) , waiting for fis since november.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Lovephones

Cossy75 wrote: »
    Hi, did he ring from blocked no. ? i got a lot of blocked no. calls last week but didnt answer ( never answer blocked numbers) , waiting for fis since november.

Same here had calls from private number last Friday evening but I never answer to private number , have me wondering now.............

unless they were ringing from their mobile it wouldnt be a blocked number.I don't think anyone in DSP has blocked numbers on landline.Its usually shows up as the building number so people dont have the direct line to the person they are dealing with.

• Advertisement

Cossy75 wrote: »

no i didnt get any phone call in advance, i was in work as he called yesterday morning, my husband told him i was in work until 1 so he said no problem he would call back at 2.30pm..he was back at 2.30pm on the button and was really nice..he was gone by 3pm wasn't here long at all..just a relief now it's all getting sorted

Just rang and they are still on 31/1/12

I just checked my bank this morning and 1 weeks money went in ( was dated 28/05/12 so I assume it's every Monday I will get it?

I'm surprised at the speed it came through now as the inspector only came out to me on Monday

How long does it take for the arrears to come through does anyone know?

Thanks all, so happy it's finally arrived it's been a long long 6 months:)

I just checked my bank this morning and 1 weeks money went in ( was dated 28/05/12 so I assume it's every Monday I will get it?

I'm surprised at the speed it came through now as the inspector only came out to me on Monday

How long does it take for the arrears to come through does anyone know?

Thanks all, so happy it's finally arrived it's been a long long 6 months:)

If its going into your bank its every thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 24 PixieDixie

This has probably been covered on here already but I can't find it. Can someone tell me what the actual process is for FIS? My application and details have been in since March and I received an acknowledgment letter dated the 31st March 2012.
    When they eventually (:rolleyes:) reach my application what is the process they follow? Is it assessed just on the application and evidence I have given them and I get an award letter in post or does an inspector or somebody contact me too? Sorry I really haven't a clue so any info would be very welcome!!

i applied in December and I hadn't heard anything up to lat month..i rang and was told that because my husband was self employed it had gone to an inspector..the inspector called to me on Monday last 21.05.12 and 1 weeks payment went into my account 28.05.12..i was told on the phone that a certain percentage have to go to the inspector..some people will get a visit and others won't

i know thats not much help but that was my situation with them..hope this is of some help:)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 PixieDixie

i applied in December and I hadn't heard anything up to lat month..i rang and was told that because my husband was self employed it had gone to an inspector..the inspector called to me on Monday last 21.05.12 and 1 weeks payment went into my account 28.05.12..i was told on the phone that a certain percentage have to go to the inspector..some people will get a visit and others won't

i know thats not much help but that was my situation with them..hope this is of some help:)

Thanks snuggles! That is a help. Im not self employed anyway so maybe won't have to wait for an inspector. hate the waiting game!! thanks for info :)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Anybody no what date processing

Hi all rang today they are processing 3rd feb claims mine has been sent to social welfare insepctor dose anybody no how long will be with dem 4??thet said based on info I gave cldnt make a dession don't no y doe as I nli work 19hrs xx

If the applicant or spouse/partner is self employed that application will always go to an inspector the first time they apply.Its the same for people who have income from rental properties,farming or employed by relatives.
    They usually wouldn't be sent to an inspector again for a few years.

After that there is a certain percentage that are sent for other reasons.
    amybee wrote: »

They are working on the 9/2/12.

• Advertisement

yabadabado wrote: »

If the applicant or spouse/partner is self employed that application will always go to an inspector the first time they apply.Its the same for people who have income from rental properties,farming or employed by relatives.
    They usually wouldn't be sent to an inspector again for a few years.

After that there is a certain percentage that are sent for other reasons.

They are working on the 9/2/12.

That's great my letter is dated the 8th of feb!! Does any1 know what time they open tomorro so I can ring them????

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Hi all rang today they are processing 3rd feb claims mine has been sent to social welfare insepctor dose anybody no how long will be with dem 4??thet said based on info I gave cldnt make a dession don't no y doe as I nli work 19hrs xx

amybee I'm sorry but I can't make head nor tail of the last line of your post.
    Please do not use txt speak on this forum - it makes your posts harder to read, and may mean you get less answers to your questions as they cannot be understood.

Got a letter this mornin sayin that I wasnt entailed to fis cos I dnt work over 82.33 hours a month I only work 76 hour per month!!!:(

Got a letter this mornin sayin that I wasnt entailed to fis cos I dnt work over 82.33 hours a month I only work 76 hour per month!!!:(

I thought to quallfy for fis the least hours u can work is 19 so that would add up to 76 hours a month so how is that I am the same work 19 a week but my claim has been sent to social welfare inspector

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

19 hours a week does not equal 76 hours a month.
    19 hours a week -> 19x52weeks = 988 (number of hours a year).
    Number of hours a month = 988/12 = 82.33.

Got a letter this mornin sayin that I wasnt entailed to fis cos I dnt work over 82.33 hours a month I only work 76 hour per month!!!:([/QUOTE

76hrs per month is not enough. You must be multiplying 19hrs x 4weeks = 76. There are 4 weeks and 3 days in most months. you need to be working 82.33 hrs per month to qualify.

amybee11 wrote: »
    I thought to quallfy for fis the least hours u can work is 19 so that would add up to 76 hours a month so how is that I am the same work 19 a week but my claim has been sent to social welfare inspector[/QUOTE

You must be working 82.33hrs per month to qualify . 76hrs is only a 4 week calculation

this thursday will be my 3rd week receiving fis but no back pay yet..normally how long will it take for the arrears to come through does anyone know?

this thursday will be my 3rd week receiving fis but no back pay yet..normally how long will it take for the arrears to come through does anyone know?
    Its usually done within the first 2 payments unless there is a hold up with a another payment.FIS are probably waiting to hear back from a CWO/another DSP
    scheme.
    If there is no other scheme you or your spouse are on ,I would ring them
    today.

• Advertisement

yabadabado wrote: »
    Its usually done within the first 2 payments unless there is a hold up with a another payment.FIS are probably waiting to hear back from a CWO/another DSP
    scheme.
    If there is no other scheme you or your spouse are on ,I would ring them
    today.

there is definitley no other scheme, we are on nothing at all..will ring them now, thanks:)

Advertisement