Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So there's Netflix App on my XMB *READ OP: NO DISCUSSION OF REGIONAL BYPASSING**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

shortys94 wrote: »
    I have the us version running but I can't seem to find films like blade runner or pulp fiction which are supposed to be on it

Any help

Not showing up here, http://instantwatcher.com/.
    Maybe it's on the Irish version of netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭celj

PLEASE HELP!

I've signed up to unblockus but don't know what way to set up ps3.

I changed DNS on Netgear router and PS3.

How do I get US Netflix working on PS3?I seem to only have Irish account on there.
    Did a search for "The King of Kong" documentary and not there when I know its on the US version!!

Followed instructions on site and no joy.
    Do I need an American account or what??

HELP!I'm lost!!!!

celj wrote: »
    PLEASE HELP!

You didn't have to do it on both your PS and router. I only have the unblock on my PS3.
    How do I get US Netflix working on PS3?I seem to only have Irish account on there.
    Did a search for "The King of Kong" documentary and not there when I know its on the US version!!

HELP!I'm lost!!!!

Highlight the netflix app on your PS and press select and start at the same time - it kind of reboots the app.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

I have deliberately not taken out the free months trial as i heard that on release the selection of movies ain't great .

Has anything changed in recent days or should I still hold out ?

mixednuts wrote: »
    I have deliberately not taken out the free months trial as i heard that on release the selection of movies ain't great .

Most people here have access to the US netflix and I doubt many of us will be cancelling our subscription - I have hours upon hours of tv programmes, documentaries and films to watch - and that was before I had programmes recommended for me by rating and watching stuff.

Get it, you won't regret it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,278 ✭✭✭Glico Man

F1ngers wrote: »
    Most people here have access to the US netflix and I doubt many of us will be cancelling our subscription - I have hours upon hours of tv programmes, documentaries and films to watch - and that was before I had programmes recommended for me by rating and watching stuff.

I'll second that. After getting us-unblock, there's no chance that I won't be renewing my subscription. The amount of content on the US site is ridiculous, bordering obscene, in comparison to the UK/Ireland versions. It'll easily keep you entertained for the year.

Not showing up here, http://instantwatcher.com/.
    Maybe it's on the Irish version of netflix.

It was removed from the US store a week or so back. All they had was the theatrical cut which if you're a fan or curious about the film is most defiantly not the version to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭celj

Can anyone tell me a movie or program thats on the US site and not on the Irish version so I can check if I have the right version on my PS3??:confused:

Can anyone tell me a movie or program thats on the US site and not on the Irish version so I can check if I have the right version on my PS3??:confused:

Breaking Bad - Season 3 in not on the Irish netflix, but is on the US one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Breaking Bad - Season 3 in not on the Irish netflix, but is on the US one.

This is the reason I just tried this, I did get a Netflix reactivation message as it was deactivated on my account , anyone get this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Better get reading then on how i can get my PS3 onto the US version .

Better get reading then on how i can get my PS3 onto the US version .

Read this, http://support.unblock-us.com/customer/portal/articles/291530-setting-up-ps3

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭lauraww

hi there,can someone please tell me where i will find my netflix activation code for my PS3
    thank you

lauraww wrote: »
    hi there,can someone please tell me where i will find my netflix activation code for my PS3
    thank you

There is no activation code for netflix on the PS3.
    It should be on the xmb under the TV/Video services.
    If it's not there, install home onto your PS3 - apparently it also downloads netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

PLEASE HELP!

HELP!I'm lost!!!!

The King of Kong is on the Irish Netflix, I watched it over the weekend. Maybe you are on the US version then?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

So has anyone been charged by these unblock-us.com people yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,155 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Beefy78 wrote: »
    So has anyone been charged by these unblock-us.com people yet?

Nope, and considering I haven't registered with them, they've no way of charging me.

Obviously they could change the settings and/or request a payment but it seems if your PS3 only, there's no real way to catch you

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

If your working off a wireless connection do you have to do something to your router as well or do you just change the DNS Settings?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,155 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

just change them on your PS3 (as per the USUnblock intructions)

My netflix on PS3 is the US version. I dodn't change it on laptop or phone and they can access the Uk/Ireland version

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Dodge wrote: »
    just change them on your PS3 (as per the USUnblock intructions)

My netflix on PS3 is the US version. I dodn't change it on laptop or phone and they can access the Uk/Ireland version

its working :-) omg such a better selection,baccano!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

I initially used the Uk store at first and watched a few inbetweeners episdoes I then put in the DNS numbers to use the US store but the inbetweeners isin't on the US store. What DNS numbers do I need to put in to change back to the UK store?

James__10 wrote: »
    What DNS numbers do I need to put in to change back to the UK store?

Whatever they were before you changed them...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

Whatever they were before you changed them...

Haven't got a clue what they were :(

James__10 wrote: »
    Haven't got a clue what they were :(

Mine were all zeroes.

Anyway, just do an automatic setup on your PS3.

Mine were all zeroes.

Anyway, just do an automatic setup on your PS3.

ya its all 000,Just put them all back to zero

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Is there any way of getting the US trial of netflix without a credit card?

thorbarry wrote: »
    Is there any way of getting the US trial of netflix without a credit card?

No, needs a CC on registration.
    You say that as though you have the Irish netflix and want to see what the US has - log in details are the same for both versions. you do not get billed twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

No, needs a CC on registration.
    You say that as though you have the Irish netflix and want to see what the US has - log in details are the same for both versions. you do not get billed twice.

I dont have either, i dont have a CC :(

thorbarry wrote: »
    I dont have either, i dont have a CC :(

They might take a VISA debit card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,278 ✭✭✭Glico Man

They might take a VISA debit card.

They do. They've taken mine anyway...

Advertisement