Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So there's Netflix App on my XMB *READ OP: NO DISCUSSION OF REGIONAL BYPASSING**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

No you just use your Irish account. No need for another subscription payment to Netflix USA.

Jesus that's really handy so! Thanks for the information.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Yeah they are completely separate. What you watch and rate on the American store is only remembered when you are logged into that and vice versa with the UK version.

But unfortunately if I watch a show on the US version, there is no "previously viewed" section.

I am trying to build a queue of programs to watch by playing for a few seconds and then stopping.
    When I did this on the Irish one the very top selection when I log in was "previously viewed".

I don't mind having to rate again, I would like to know is there a way to build a "previously viewed" selection - like on the Irish site.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Reg'stoy wrote: »
    You seem to be the resident expert on this workaround Sparrow, does changing the dns settings stop us using RTE player/4OD and am I all right to log on to my Irish account on the laptop and continue to use my PS3 to watch the american content.

Will unblock site or what ever they're called be expecting a payment to use their service.

Is it easy enough to reset the box back to the home (irish) settings.

Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately, I'm no expert. I'm just trying to figure it out like everyone else. But it doesn't seem to make any difference to the RTE Player. I just logged out of Netflix USA and I was able to watch RTE Player without any hassle. Not sure about 4OD but I'd guess it is the same.

There is some debate about the payment thing but I'm almost sure that it won't cost anything. Plenty of ppl signed up without ever visiting the unblock site let alone starting a trial and it has worked fine. So I don't expect to be charged but you never know, it could stop at any stage and require payment to continue.

It's really easy to switch back. You just go to the DNS settings and switch them from the manual values that you entered to Automatic. Then restart PS3 and wipe Netflix details and your back on the Irish service. Takes about 30 secs.

Hope that helps.

F1ngers wrote: »
    But unfortunately if I watch a show on the US version, there is no "previously viewed" section.

I am trying to build a queue of programs to watch by playing for a few seconds and then stopping.
    When I did this on the Irish one the very top selection when I log in was "previously viewed".

I don't mind having to rate again, I would like to know is there a way to build a "previously viewed" selection - like on the Irish site.

Ah ok. That is strange. All of that works almost the same on the USA and UK/ Ireland service. The only slight difference is that it seems that on the USA one you have to watch a bit more of a show for it before it shows up on the Recently Played section.

I've tried to do what your talking about with the queue and it only seems to work on Netflix Ireland. But I do have a Recently Viewed section on Netflix USA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

After signing up on monday finally got an excuse to use this service last night.
    Watched some breaking bad good show so far!
    The quality is excellent, ive 25mb so no glitch there wonder what its like on a slower download.
    Excellent service.
    I think ill keep paying the €7 a month for this.
    Don't like having to use the CC to pay for such a silly amount.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

cabrwab wrote: »
    After signing up on monday finally got an excuse to use this service last night.
    Watched some breaking bad good show so far!
    The quality is excellent, ive 25mb so no glitch there wonder what its like on a slower download.
    Excellent service.
    I think ill keep paying the €7 a month for this.
    Don't like having to use the CC to pay for such a silly amount.

At least it's silly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

True, its a steal, what I mean is laser card would be better at least they could take it outta the bank rather then paying interest at some point over the year for it was my point!! All the same!

Don't have a visa debit card yet!

Ah ok. That is strange. All of that works almost the same on the USA and UK/ Ireland service. The only slight difference is that it seems that on the USA one you have to watch a bit more of a show for it before it shows up on the Recently Played section.

That did the trick, let it run for a little longer than normal and now have a queue built to watch on US netflix..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

So you dont have to pay for the US net flix? but you do the irish one?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

So you dont have to pay for the US net flix? but you do the irish one?

You use your Irish account. Youre still paying for Netflix

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

You use your Irish account. Youre still paying for Netflix

Ah you just have access to us netflix which is better?

Ah you just have access to us netflix which is better?

It is so much better - it's unbelievable.

Having said that the Irish version is worth the money for a few months - having access to the US content is a sweet, sweet bonus.

F1ngers wrote: »
    It is so much better - it's unbelievable.

Having said that the Irish version is worth the money for a few months - having access to the US content is a sweet, sweet bonus.

Better selection of show?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭doney84

Follow this to change your DNS settings and get access to the American Netflix portal on your PS3!

Works an absolute treat. There is way more content. :D

Can I just change my DNS settings or do I have to sign up and get an account with unblock-us.com ???

doney84 wrote: »
    Can I just change my DNS settings or do I have to sign up and get an account with unblock-us.com ???

AFAIK you can just change your DNS settings and it will work. But eventually it will ask you to enter your password to verify your account status and at that stage you will have to be either on their free trial or have a paid sub.

I downloaded home and it appeared turned off my ps3 and it was gone -_-

Its back again now i hope it stays

OSI wrote: »
    Just so you know, by using these DNS entries you are being routed through a transparent proxy. This is provided by the unblock-us guys, and is only free for the first month you use it. It also means they are perfectly poised to record every bit of internet traffic you do while using those DNS entries.

Actually it's only free for the first week but thanks for the heads up. I only use it on my PS3 and I only use that for Netflix/ Iplayer etc so that's not really a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Is there any way to browse a bigger list for each genre? The menu is pretty bad, if I'm looking at documentaries I can only scroll through a list of 75, the only other option is search.

EGriff wrote: »
    Is there any way to browse a bigger list for each genre? The menu is pretty bad, if I'm looking at documentaries I can only scroll through a list of 75, the only other option is search.

That's the unfortunate thing with netflix - poor search functions.
    The 75 you see is just a reflection of what is available. You kind of need to be psychic to find what you want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Check out this site: http://instantwatcher.com/
    (If you have the US version of netflix)

It shows genres, critic picks, you can sort by rating and year. I haven't tried linking my account but it's good to have a complete list of what's on there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

This is pretty sweet :D definitely gonna pay to get this service. Wish there was more stuff, but I'd imagine there's more coming, so I'm not worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Fantomas9mm

Howdy folks.

Most people online say it should be under the video section on the XMB but its not.

I had a look in the store too and nothing.

I have reset all the default settings and same issue.

I have ran all the latest updates and still no good.

Anybody any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Moving this over to the Playstation forum....

Cool, sorry did spot it.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

It's under the TV/services section along with RTE Player.

i don't have the netflix icon on my ps3.

Same after i restored defaults.

any ideas?

i don't have the netflix icon on my ps3.

Same after i restored defaults.

any ideas?

Install PS3 Home on your console and it should pop up.

Sorry amigo.

How do i install PS3 home exactly?

• Advertisement

Sorry amigo.

How do i install PS3 home exactly?

Turn on your PS3. Scroll down on the home screen and you will see a blue icon for Home. Click on that and agree to install it.

Advertisement