Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So there's Netflix App on my XMB *READ OP: NO DISCUSSION OF REGIONAL BYPASSING**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Is there anyway to use the US netflix with an English PSN?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

cloud493 wrote: »
    Is there anyway to use the US netflix with an English PSN?

Go to Network Settings. Then Internet Connection Settings. Select Custom. Keep going to the right until you see DNS Setting. Select Manual.

Type in Primary as 208.122.23.22.
    Type secondary as 208.122.23.23.

Then test your connection.

Restart your PS3.

Go to Network Settings. Then Internet Connection Settings. Select Custom. Keep going to the right until you see DNS Setting. Select Manual.

Type in Primary as 208.122.23.22.
    Type secondary as 208.122.23.23.

Then test your connection.

Restart your PS3.

Will I have to re enter card details? Will I be off the free trial?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

why is there a big difference between US netflix and the irish one? i just assumed netflix was a global app/website thing all the same everywhere!! i have a us account and irish account on my PS3, so if i signed into my US PSN account and went to netflix wouldn't it just go straight to the netflix i already have on my ps3 that I'm registered with? its the one app shared between 2 accounts on same machine right!! anyways if you try register for a US netflix wouldn't it look for a credit card to sign up/register? how are you gonna get past that?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Will I have to re enter card details? Will I be off the free trial?

Sooner or later it will cease to be free, I don't know how they monitor it, so hard to see how it can be stopped - I'm sure they have clever chaps working on it.
    Nodferatu wrote: »
    why is there a big difference between US netflix and the irish one? i just assumed netflix was a global app/website thing all the same everywhere!!

It's to do with localization. Some of the stuff on the US netflix won't have been on Irish tv yet.
    i have a us account and irish account on my PS3,

Signing into your US PSN account does not give you access to the US netflix - it is IP restricted.
    You need to tell your PS3 that it is in America to get access to US netflix.
    so if i signed into my US PSN account and went to netflix wouldn't it just go straight to the netflix i already have on my ps3 that I'm registered with?

Yes.
    its the one app shared between 2 accounts on same machine right!! anyways if you try register for a US netflix wouldn't it look for a credit card to sign up/register? how are you gonna get past that?

It is the same app on both accounts - once you trick your PS3 into thinking it's in America and restart the app, you lose access to the Irish netflix but gain access to the US netflix.

• Advertisement

Will I need a US credit card to access US netflix?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Will I need a US credit card to access US netflix?

Nope, make an irish account, use your normal credit card. Once you change your DNS setting on the PS3 it'll keep using your irish account to access the US content, you just lose Facebook functionality (if you have it set up in the first place).

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Fantomas9mm

Whats the advantage of using the US netflix?

More, loads more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Much, much more content.

Will I need to make a new account, or can I use my own account? (sorry for a million questions)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Will I need to make a new account, or can I use my own account? (sorry for a million questions)

No. :)

(Last question) so all I have to do is change the DNS setting, restart my system, and I can access US netflix? No changing bank accounts, or re-putting in bank details?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

(Last question) so all I have to do is change the DNS setting, restart my system, and I can access US netflix? No changing bank accounts, or re-putting in bank details?

Pretty much. And reset the Netflix app (hold start & select when starting the app then sign in normally)

Cheers, I'l do that now. Is there a catalogue for netflix us?

Cheers, I'l do that now. Is there a catalogue for netflix us?

http://instantwatcher.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

OSI wrote: »
    Just note, as has been said in the thread already. The DNS thing only works for a week, before the provider looks for money to continue using it.

Not for Netflix in my experience. My trial has been expired for about 4 days and it is still working fine for Netflix. As mentioned earlier, it asks for money if you want to use BBC Iplayer but not for Netflix at least for now.

Just note, as has been said in the thread already. The DNS thing only works for a week, before the provider looks for money to continue using it.

I'm on day 8 - so far so good.
    Not for Netflix in my experience. My trial has been expired for about 4 days and it is still working fine for Netflix. As mentioned earlier, it asks for money if you want to use BBC Iplayer but not for Netflix at least for now.

Looks like you're the boards.ie guinea pig :P - don't think anyone has unblock-us longer than you.

Wasn't sure if it worked... till I saw toy story on there! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Is there any way, other than unblock-us, to access the US netflix from my PC?

EDIT: Alternatively, will the DNS settings alter only netflix, or other sites along with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭gammon_steak

Has anyone had issues with sound and image being slightly out of synch?

It only happened when I switched to the US Netflix. Granted it was late last night when I did that so maybe it was only the one film I tried to watch. Didn't have time to watch more.

What's everyone doing for gaming? just changing the dns settings back to play games and then changing again every time for Netflix? I suppose there's no way around that. Can't have it every which way I suppose?

It's a pity they don't have a live sports section :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,155 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

What's everyone doing for gaming? just changing the dns settings back to play games and then changing again every time for Netflix? I suppose there's no way around that. Can't have it every which way I suppose?

I didn't change back. Why would the PSN care? No problem flicking between netflix for US content and then playing FIFA online

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭gammon_steak

I just assumed that the dns for US netflix would put you up against americans for games and then there'd be lag issues. That's grand so if there's no need to change back (other than for Irish Netflix)

I just assumed that the dns for US netflix would put you up against americans for games and then there'd be lag issues. That's grand so if there's no need to change back (other than for Irish Netflix)

It only directs for specific sites from what I can tell (Hulu, Love Film, netflix, iPlayer). If it needs to spoof an american/uk IP it will, otherwise it uses a standard connection

The amount of content is here is mind ****ing :eek: makes the Irish netflix seem like nothing, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

F1ngers wrote: »

I'm on day 8 - so far so good.

Looks like you're the boards.ie guinea pig :P - don't think anyone has unblock-us longer than you.

Any idea what the cost is if they do decide to look for money?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

3rdDegree wrote: »
    Any idea what the cost is if they do decide to look for money?

$5 a month I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭brock92

Or $50 for the year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

I have the us version running but I can't seem to find films like blade runner or pulp fiction which are supposed to be on it

Any help

Advertisement