Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So there's Netflix App on my XMB *READ OP: NO DISCUSSION OF REGIONAL BYPASSING**

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,183 ✭✭✭✭noodler

EnterNow wrote: »
    You control it via the pc itself, save the settings & that sets the quality for any device you use your account with

Many thanks, I'll have to remember to turn the streaming to low when other members og the household are using it!

Hey guys,

Just watching an episode of South Park on Netflix and it is in 4:3 scale (cropped at at the sides with huge black borders).

It wasn't like that with Breaking Bad 5 mins ago?

Anyone know why this is?

OSI wrote: »
    How old an episode was it? A lot of the seasons would have been made in 4:3, it's a long running show.

Nope, season from 2008/2009.

I know I have seen the episode in question on Comedy Central in 16:9.

Curious.

noodler wrote: »
    Nope, season from 2008/2009.

I know I have seen the episode in question on Comedy Central in 16:9.

Curious.

You can change the aspect ratio on the Xbox, lot of stuff there is incorrectly in 4:3 and changing it to 16:9 in the options makes it far more watchable.

You can change the aspect ratio on the Xbox, lot of stuff there is incorrectly in 4:3 and changing it to 16:9 in the options makes it far more watchable.

PS3 myself.

I certainly don't have any of the PS3 settings to 4:3.

Weird.

• Advertisement

noodler wrote: »
    PS3 myself.

I certainly don't have any of the PS3 settings to 4:3.

Weird.

It's when playing content through Netflix that you can change it. It's down to the far right of the play button

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

netflix not working for anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Mrs RangeR said she had severe Netflix issues yesterday morning/afternoon on both SGT and PS3. Was a little touch and go for an hour or so last night [buffering once or twice in the hour]. Settled down after a while.

Could have just been my UPC broadband, though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Had a few Netflix issues here also over the last two days , not sure if it was Netfix or a broadband issue ( UPC ). all fine today when I tried it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ya it eventually started working again after a while,kept getting an error message when I tryed to get into it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It says it in the thread title: No discussion of regional bypassing.

If it says underneath a title Available until november 15th does this mean netflix are removing said title from the library on nov 15th?

Yes

RangeR wrote: »
    Yes

damn :(

You wanted to watch it on the 16th?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

It's probably a series.
    I remember I was watching Roseanne(:o) and it came up ending such and such a date.
    Contracts end with TV rights and they can't show the content anymore.

No just didn't want the series to be removed tbh

anyone else not able to sign into netflixs since yesterday?

Seems to be working now again but only when I go through google :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Don't want to discuss regional bypassing on thread as per OP warning but would love it if someone would PM me something along those lines. Google has given me the game show equivalent of showing me what I could have won (smiley smiley smiley).

Difference between the Irish version and others available is stark isnt it. Licensing in Ireland must be total balls. Android Play on my phone is empty compared to UK, and presumably much much worse than the US.

Thanks for any advice offered.

(Hopefully this request in itself hasn't stepped over the line? Mod can delete with my apology if it has.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭osheen

dooferoaks wrote: »
    Don't want to discuss regional bypassing on thread as per OP warning but would love it if someone would PM me something along those lines. Google has given me the game show equivalent of showing me what I could have won (smiley smiley smiley).

Difference between the Irish version and others available is stark isnt it. Licensing in Ireland must be total balls. Android Play on my phone is empty compared to UK, and presumably much much worse than the US.

Thanks for any advice offered.

(Hopefully this request in itself hasn't stepped over the line? Mod can delete with my apology if it has.)

Google is your friend for this type of query.
    Sky is the problem when it comes to tv and film rights over here as they have had so much of it sewn up for so long. people pay sky big money so sky pay big money for the rights. look at sport so much is only available on sky because of this

Advertisement