Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So there's Netflix App on my XMB *READ OP: NO DISCUSSION OF REGIONAL BYPASSING**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

RedXIV wrote: »
    Quick one for you guys, I'm thinking about replacing the current UPC TV package with this, but the one thing I can't seem to see is if they have (and please don't laugh, be sympathetic) is the likes of Peppa Pig and other staples of the Nick Junior channel that my 1yr old loves.

Anyone have this and been able to have a look?

Cheers!

No Peppa I'm afraid, but they do have 77 episodes of Dora.
    They've also got Barney.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Varik wrote: »
    Are you signed into PSN?
    I sure am ! ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

NotorietyH wrote: »
    Arrested Development is the best comedy series of the last ten years! I berate you for not watching it sooner but will relent as you're taking steps to make amends! It's one of those rare shows that I still laugh to myself on occasion just remembering lines and moments from it!

Tell that to the guy in the three thousand dollar suit! COME ON! :)

Was streaming Breaking Bad in HD through my PS3 last night. Happy days. Already had netflix for the past while (US account and a VPN), selection is far greater on the US site, obviously. My US login works here but with the more limited selection, and I can't add stuff to my queue :(

other than that, it's a great service, and will get only get better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

I have no icon on my ps3 or not rte player,nothing, really annoying, no video services

• Registered Users Posts: 10,155 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

shortys94 wrote: »
    I have no icon on my ps3 or not rte player,nothing, really annoying, no video services

have you downloaded latest software?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Install Home and it'll appear (then uninstall home)
    It seems to force the refresh

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭crimsonfire

shortys94 wrote: »

I have the same problem. Installing Home as suggested above.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

Have latest update, gonna try update home, ugh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Anyone have a list of the controls for Netflix on PS3? I have no idea on how to change from SD to HD either.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

It changes to HD if you have the settings on the netflix site set to it and you connection allows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Anyone know when/if 3D movies will be coming to Netflix?.. May end up buying it, also is Blu-Ray's fast for loading?.. I only have 8mb broadband would it be fast enough?.. Also I only have 30GB download allowance AFAIK...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Follow this to change your DNS settings and get access to the American Netflix portal on your PS3!

Works an absolute treat. There is way more content. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Turbine wrote: »
    Any idea if Sony Video Unlimited is to launch in Ireland soon?
    Let's just say that Sony have been saying it's launching 'soon' for the past 2 years.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Follow this to change your DNS settings and get access to the American Netflix portal on your PS3!

Do you need to set up a US PSN account?

Rob2D wrote: »

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

How will this effect my connection for gaming and such? (Ping etc.)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

You could set it up and play some online games to see if it has any affect.

Make sure you write down your details as they are now - in case you need to revert to them.

No idea, sorry. I only did it tonight and I haven't checked any games.
    F1ngers wrote: »
    You could set it up and play some online games to see if it has any affect.

Make sure you write down your details as they are now - in case you need to revert to them.

My DNS settings were all zero when I went to change them so easy enough to remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

It wasn't appearing for me either so I did the suggestion of installing PS Home and after all that character editing/downloading it was there on the homepage.

Soooo many PS services - you'd think they'd integrate them better.

Anyone know when/if 3D movies will be coming to Netflix?.. May end up buying it, also is Blu-Ray's fast for loading?.. I only have 8mb broadband would it be fast enough?.. Also I only have 30GB download allowance AFAIK...

i have 6mb broadband and have not had any problems at all on the highest quality setting on netflix

• Advertisement

Ping and speed will go up and down respectfully and when playing a game the option for best game will give you game hosted in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I also don't have a Netflix icon on my PS3 so I see people suggesting to install 'Home'. Pardon my ignorance but what is 'Home'?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

nkay1985 wrote: »
    I also don't have a Netflix icon on my PS3 so I see people suggesting to install 'Home'. Pardon my ignorance but what is 'Home'?

Wasn't too sure myself but it's a service on the homepage menu called Playstation Home - After you click the link it will download and install.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTGKlF75QcCT8VUe2tL0djZmfh2tmpBWkEGJZIWai_slx0eB6C1di-gmCNVLA

Wasn't too sure myself but it's a service on the homepage menu called Playstation Home - After you click the link it will download and install.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTGKlF75QcCT8VUe2tL0djZmfh2tmpBWkEGJZIWai_slx0eB6C1di-gmCNVLA

Thanks very much.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

OK, have the US netflix, however there doesn't seem to be a "previously viewed" section.
    Is it the same for others?
    Is there a fix?

Content is vastly superior. Still good stuff on the Irish one though.

EDIT:
    Rob2D wrote: »

You don't need a US account, but I suggest setting up a friend free account - stops the pop-up "F1ngers is online" - "F1ngers is offline" - "F1ngers wants to play COD with you".

F1ngers wrote: »
    OK, have the US netflix, however there doesn't seem to be a "previously viewed" section.
    Is it the same for others?
    Is there a fix?

Same here and to add none of the rating i gave are still there so i think it's all separate.

Yeah they are completely separate. What you watch and rate on the American store is only remembered when you are logged into that and vice versa with the UK version.

So would you have to buy an Irish and an American account to use both?

Managed to get the icon anyway after installing Home. Got rid of it right away.

nkay1985 wrote: »
    So would you have to buy an Irish and an American account to use both?

No you just use your Irish account. No need for another subscription payment to Netflix USA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

No you just use your Irish account. No need for another subscription payment to Netflix USA.

You seem to be the resident expert on this workaround Sparrow, does changing the dns settings stop us using RTE player/4OD and am I all right to log on to my Irish account on the laptop and continue to use my PS3 to watch the american content.

Will unblock site or what ever they're called be expecting a payment to use their service.

Is it easy enough to reset the box back to the home (irish) settings.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement