Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So there's Netflix App on my XMB *READ OP: NO DISCUSSION OF REGIONAL BYPASSING**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,155 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Definitely take Visa debit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Wow that's outrageously easy to do. The american version is almost worth paying for.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

rickyjb wrote: »
    Wow that's outrageously easy to do. The american version is almost worth paying for.

Almost?
    My 30 days are up in 6 days - I won't be cancelling anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Unblock-US is asking me to subscribe, as I'm on a static IP I don't know how to get around this :(

EDIT: Can still access it fine on the PS3 though, oddly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,920 ✭✭✭dodzy

Unblock-US is asking me to subscribe, as I'm on a static IP I don't know how to get around this :(

EDIT: Can still access it fine on the PS3 though, oddly.

Its still fine on both the ps3 and the logitech revue. Obviously gone from PC ( and ipad :confused:) on trial expiry. Still great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

F1ngers wrote: »
    Almost?
    My 30 days are up in 6 days - I won't be cancelling anytime soon.

Yeah I guess you can't really go too far wrong for 7 quid a month. It'd be better if it suggested more things to watch, the home screen with the different categories isn't great. Anything I'm already watching I can get for free without any hassle, it does seem to have a good selection of films though, might be worth keeping on for that.

Anybody have a good link for a complete list of all TV shows/films on US Netflix?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,155 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

rickyjb wrote: »
    Anybody have a good link for a complete list of all TV shows/films on US Netflix?

http://instantwatcher.com

Also, the more films/tv shows you watch and rate, the more netflix suggests for you.

The categories can get fairly specific. I watched "Parks and Recreation" and it suggested "other clever work place comedies"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

Has anybody else been able to activate their PS3 with lovefilm on an british account (set mine up to get the free games over the identity theft issue). Was wondering if the free 30 day trial would work seeing as I'm currently using unblock-us to view netflix's US content.

I got my PS3 to activate as I said but have not subscribed as I always thought that lovefilm was geolocked here in Ireland, was wondering if anyone has subscribed while using unblock-us and can you view movies. The cheapest package is £4.99 and was just wondering how it compared content wise to netflix usa.

Reg'stoy wrote: »
    Has anybody else been able to activate their PS3 with lovefilm on an british account (set mine up to get the free games over the identity theft issue). Was wondering if the free 30 day trial would work seeing as I'm currently using unblock-us to view netflix's US content.

I got my PS3 to activate as I said but have not subscribed as I always thought that lovefilm was geolocked here in Ireland, was wondering if anyone has subscribed while using unblock-us and can you view movies. The cheapest package is £4.99 and was just wondering how it compared content wise to netflix usa.

I got as far as the CC screen and quit. Had to be on my uk account to access it - tried my Irish account and said not available in my country(have us-unblock on my PS3).
    Without signing up you can do a search for films - so you can search and compare for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭floatwinner

Has anyone managed to get UTV/ITV Player working on PS3? It's asking for a UK postcode but any postcode I try doesn't work. Subbed to Unblock us btw...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

are people still using the open us DNS settings for free?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

thorbarry wrote: »
    I moved on to playmo.tv DNS settings, they are completely free while it's in beta.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Unblock US still working for me nearly 5 weeks after signing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭gammon_steak

Anyone having problems with audio/video being out of sync? Ever so slightly but annoying all the same. Doesn't happen on everything I watch but a regular occurrence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭cantgetright

Anyone having problems with audio/video being out of sync? Ever so slightly but annoying all the same. Doesn't happen on everything I watch but a regular occurrence.

The only problem Ive been having since changing DNS is some genres are not loading. Just grey boxes showing.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭gammon_steak

The only problem Ive been having since changing DNS is some genres are not loading. Just grey boxes showing.

That happened me once or twice. I thought it was just my internet connection. They appeared after a few minutes anyway.

I might try deleting Netflix and reinstalling to see if it fixes the out of sync audio though I fear it may be the price I pay for US netflix and 2-3mb broadband.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I had that happen yesterday, but stopping the playback (pressing O) then resuming again (X) fixed the sync.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ikol_

just wondering does anyone else get your ps3 is not activated and have to sign in every time you try use it. some times it works no problem and i can go a few days but then it goes and i need to sign in every time i want to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Zhane

Is everyones console working ok with the UnblockUS DNS settings and the new 4.10 update? Just updated. Very slow to sign in here. Some failed attempts too :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

Zhane wrote: »
    Is everyones console working ok with the UnblockUS DNS settings and the new 4.10 update? Just updated. Very slow to sign in here. Some failed attempts too :mad:

My RTEplayer had refused me access, sorted that, but now refuses to play any programes. Last night I had to watch Netflix (USA content) via my british account as it was 'loading' netflix for well over two minutes, twice on my Irish account, before I gave up and ran it on my british account.

4OD has not worked either since the update but strangely ITVplayer works grand again on my british account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

The problem I had with the US DNS settings last night was that the connection kept slowing down and the movie would buffer every few minutes. My own wireless and internet connection was perfect, so I switched back to non US DNS and the problem was resolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Greyjoy

Anyone else encountering problems logging into the US Netflix? I got an error message last night of "unable to connect to Netflix" a couple of times.

I read that the US Netflix is losing a bunch of films/tv today from the 'Starz' network and I'm wondering if Netflix is getting bombarded with people trying to watch stuff before the expiry date runs out.

Greyjoy wrote: »
    Anyone else encountering problems logging into the US Netflix? I got an error message last night of "unable to connect to Netflix" a couple of times.

I read that the US Netflix is losing a bunch of films/tv today from the 'Starz' network and I'm wondering if Netflix is getting bombarded with people trying to watch stuff before the expiry date runs out.

I'm watching US Netflix now - no issues here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Luap

How do you know if you are using the U.S version. I've used Unblockus and signed up,
    but I'm unsure of what version I have, cause I've seen 'Kevin and Perry Go Large' on it.

And is there anyway of changing if I'm on the Irish one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

Maloney_o9 wrote: »
    How do you know if you are using the U.S version. I've used Unblockus and signed up,
    but I'm unsure of what version I have, cause I've seen 'Kevin and Perry Go Large' on it.

And is there anyway of changing if I'm on the Irish one?

Check the film ratings - PG-13, R, G, etc mean you're on the US site.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Check the film ratings - PG-13, R, G, etc mean you're on the US site.

Also, they actually have content. Bones, House, Law and Order etc. Don't think they are on the Irish site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Why do people use unblockus, I just put in the dns settings and it works fine,

A quick guide to getting US Netflix on your Xbox 360 and/or PlayStation 3:

Go into Network Settings and find the DNS settings of which you will have to manually change.
    Enter – 208.122.23.22 for the Primary DNS
    Enter – 208.122.23.23 for the Secondary DNS
    For the 360, you just need to start the app, you may need to reboot the PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

OSI wrote: »
    You do realise that those DNS settings are Unblock-Us' DNS settings, right? You're telling people not to use Unblock-Us and then giving them instructions on using Unblock-Us.

But I thought u had to pay for unblockus, I just did a google search for the settings I listed and they work fine. I did do the unblockus trial but that expired weeks ago??

Did u have to pay or not, and if u do how do they collect payment as I didn't give any cc details or anything??

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

But I thought u had to pay for unblockus, I just did a google search for the settings I listed and they work fine. I did do the unblockus trial but that expired weeks ago??

Did u have to pay or not, and if u do how do they collect payment as I didn't give any cc details or anything??

The apps seem to be a bit of a work around to their authentication but if you use anything browser based (like the iplayer or netflix on your laptop) it will redirect you to their site for authentication (which is just your e-mail so I guess you could use multiple e-mails and never pay :/). For 4 a month though im happy to support them

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

haven't been asked for any money yet

Advertisement