Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Saab Ed wrote: »
    I know, I miss mine already. Its not gone too far though, I sold it to my next door neighbour :D. See how I get on with the 9-3 now :)

Yeah but you still have another Saab though:)

I used to have a 9-5 and did a whole load of stuff because to have piece of mind, and cause I loved her too, such as the sludge issue clean, changed the breather system for the last upgrade,rear pads, serpentine belt changed,new wiring under the two front seats,SID display repaired in the UK for 60 quid, changed the transmission oil from the grey stuff to the red stuff and probably more I can't remember.Someone else is enjoying her now in Meath..............................

.B******d:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Actually, to the Saab owners here,

Where's the best place to repair the SID? Found this online. Anyone familiar with them? £45
    http://www.saabdisplayrepair.co.uk/sid-repair.html

Also, where is best to get my replacement key. I have mailed ASAPlocksmiths, autokey (€180) and faichney ringwood (that should be a laugh). Where else can people recommend to pick up a spare?

Cheers lads.
    (this might'nt be the best place for this, sorry)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

I think they are the crowd that did mine, very good, had it over and back in 3-4 days I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭ongarite

Fiat Cinquecento with 3 months NCT for €250:
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3218430
    Full-10988135.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Minister Boyce

^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru1vD31vnoY

:D:D

Actually contemplated buying one of these for my first Car, but went the bulletproof K11 Micra route..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,089 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Pdfile wrote: »
    but im having an awful hard time finding a clean one let alone one for the right price...

Took me a day to find a clean one with low miles, service history, tax and test and very much the right price :)

I'm probably not as fussy as you though :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

unkel wrote: »
    Took me a day to find a clean one with low miles, service history, tax and test and very much the right price :)

its not being fussy its just...

if it hasn't been washed or wax in ages ( or from new it would seem... maxol washes and such don't really count imo ) that sucks... flat paint, parking scuffs etc... things you Should list before i drive over an hour to view the car...

rotten interiors, weak clutch, vectra style engine failure... ive seen it all... and im just prospecting; nothing worse then building you're hopes up then being told to " f*** off you know nothing at all " when theirs blue smoke coming out the back ever so slightly

maybe if i opt for an older 9000 model and spend the extra cash on a huge turbo ill forget all my worrys and understeer into a tree ? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

€1200 for this diesel E39 Beemer. Taxed and Tested till the end of October. In Louth so surely worth a look for someone in Dublin. No interior pics though and it could do with a good wax and polish at least.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3214991

View2-10971266.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

bijapos wrote: »
    €1200 for this diesel E39 Beemer. Taxed and Tested till the end of October. In Louth so surely worth a look for someone in Dublin. No interior pics though and it could do with a good wax and polish at least.

View2-10971266.jpeg

:O

Want!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ferris

2.5 V6 - says it has fsh - 1700quid
    View2-10475026.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

bijapos wrote: »

View2-10971266.jpeg

On the NCT cert it says Limo, do they qualify for cheap tax? Because I'm not seeing a four figure sum on the tax disc. Maybe it's just my eyesight though..:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

taxi'd to death i'd say.........ughhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Pdfile wrote: »
    unkel wrote: »

its not being fussy its just...

if it hasn't been washed or wax in ages ( or from new it would seem... maxol washes and such don't really count imo ) that sucks... flat paint, parking scuffs etc... things you Should list before i drive over an hour to view the car...

rotten interiors, weak clutch, vectra style engine failure... ive seen it all... and im just prospecting; nothing worse then building you're hopes up then being told to " f*** off you know nothing at all " when theirs blue smoke coming out the back ever so slightly

maybe if i opt for an older 9000 model and spend the extra cash on a huge turbo ill forget all my worrys and understeer into a tree ? :rolleyes:
    Well, you are being fussy about the paint and look of the car. Only a minority of car enthusiasts keep a car up to the standards you are looking for re interior and exterior. I would agree with the rest of your post however

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

Ferris wrote: »
    2.5 V6 - says it has fsh - 1700quid
    View2-10475026.jpeg

love the stance of those wagons.

166man wrote: »
    On the NCT cert it says Limo, do they qualify for cheap tax? Because I'm not seeing a four figure sum on the tax disc. Maybe it's just my eyesight though..:pac:

They do, ya. The difference between a Limo and a taxi is a Limo has to be called to a pick up, can't pick randomers off the street AFAiK.

That said, i think a Mourning car we had was down as a Taxi.

For tax reasons Limousines, taxis and hackneys are all €88/annum. Hackneys (and Limos unless there is a taxi plate on the Limo, which is possibel to do iirc) can't pick up fares off the street, taxis can. Limousines differ from hackneys otherwise in so far as to qualify to be taxed as a Limo the car must be over 1.9 litre iirc and also be suitable for corporate, prestige or ceremonial occasions or some such speel. You couldn't register a corolla as a Limo for example. funeral and wedding stuff are all PSVs too so have the €88 tax too.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 autronica

Hi guys,
    Two questions.
    1)My 02 Accord Auto is due for a a change ( job requires me to do more miles ) what could I expect for it? 100k + tax til May + NCT till Sept
    2) what bangernomic diesel would you recommend, had a new A4 in 03 and loved the torque!

Thanks in advance.

autronica wrote: »
    2) what bangernomic diesel would you recommend.........

budget ??

• Registered Users Posts: 28,878 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Hi guys,
    Two questions.
    1)My 02 Accord Auto is due for a a change ( job requires me to do more miles ) what could I expect for it? 100k + tax til May + NCT till Sept
    2) what bangernomic diesel would you recommend, had a new A4 in 03 and loved the torque!

Thanks in advance.

I've a 03 new shape accord up for €2k (high mileage though) and I'm getting little interest on it. It seems the market is small for petrols at the moment.

Quazzie wrote: »
    I've a 03 new shape accord up for €2k (high mileage though) and I'm getting little interest on it. It seems the market is small for petrols at the moment.

Link?

• Advertisement

Link?

www.cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3174571

The ad could probably be better but I'm far from a salesman.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭E39MSport

homer90 wrote: »
    love the stance of those wagons.

Every goddam one of them looks like its about to take off though ... Whats with the wheel clearance ? Such a pity. Saw one yesterday and I definitely would.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,417 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Seems nuts money though, don't care how tidy it is.

Quazzie wrote: »
    www.cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3174571

The ad could probably be better but I'm far from a salesman.

The add is fine imo, I reckon the wheels would turn off more folks than the mileage though. Still at the price it's hard to fathom how it hasn't moved.

RoverJames wrote: »
    The add is fine imo, I reckon the wheels would turn off more folks than the mileage though. Still at the price it's hard to fathom how it hasn't moved.

They used to be marmite wheels splitting opinion 50:50 but lately I think it's more 80:20 against. I still like them but admittedly I'm in the minority.

budget ??

Probably put 1k€ to whatever I get for the Accord so 2k€ in total

Probably put 1k€ to whatever I get for the Accord so 2k€ in total

A nice 406 or C5 HDi wouldn't be a bad option imo, I reckon the VAG stuff is overpriced unless you go the Seat route and it's not easy to get a well specced Toledo from what I've seen knocking about.

A nice 406 or C5 HDi wouldn't be a bad option imo, I reckon the VAG stuff is overpriced unless you go the Seat route and it's not easy to get a well specced Toledo from what I've seen knocking about.

Had a 99 Toledo back in the day. Great car apart from the damp carpets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2895392

i know, not taxed or tested so not strictly bangernomics, but...

... relatively modern, presentable car with what looks to be a very high spec in comparison to its competitors, worth a gamble if the asking price came down another bit and your handy with spanners

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,274 ✭✭✭alias no.9

andyseadog wrote: »
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2895392

i know, not taxed or tested so not strictly bangernomics, but...

... relatively modern, presentable car with what looks to be a very high spec in comparison to its competitors, worth a gamble if the asking price came down another bit and your handy with spanners
    advert wrote:
    JUST PASSED NCT (NCT'd until 25/3/13)

Get a few quid off the asking and solid bangernomics.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement