Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

alias no.9 wrote: »
    Whatever floats your boat. I spent nearly 3 years looking at one and found it quite a pleasant place to be.

I love the car, test drove one the other day. but Given the choice I'd just rather look at this.
    Full-10951601.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,269 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Jimdagym wrote: »
    I love the car, test drove one the other day. but Given the choice I'd just rather look at this.
    Full-10951601.jpeg

Without doubt, but a taxed & tested car that will make you smile when you drive it, asking just 650 lids. Most of the time you only see the dials in front of you which didn't really change and the road / mirrors so the rest is for the passengers to look at.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,039 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Anyway, still in Alfa land, not the prettiest example but low miles, cheap enough to chance a diy belt change and long nct

Full?id=10958688
    Another one out wesht, cheaper again, some tax, long test, claims belt done 10k ago

Full?id=10957286
    In this case, thanks for *not* linking the ads. :D

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »

Ah, go away and get a browser that works, anything from the mid 1990's onwards should do the trick.

Not this sh1t again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Anyway, still in Alfa land, not the prettiest example but low miles, cheap enough to chance a diy belt change and long nct

I'm 99% sure I've seen that 166 for sale a few different times recently, even as far back as last summer.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

This is getting a bit ridiculous at this stage being honest. You're the only person here with this problem, we're not going to change the "rules" for everyone else to accommodate a trivial problem at your end. Can we park this here once and for all please?

This is getting a bit ridiculous at this stage being honest. You're the only person here with this problem, we're not going to change the "rules" for everyone else to accommodate a trivial problem at your end. Can we park this here once and for all please?
    No problem parking it, but I'm afraid you are wrong - I am not the only user who has this issue.

Not your ornery onager

No problem parking it, but I'm afraid you are wrong - I am not the only user who has this issue.

Lets acknowledge the problem exists, now should everybody change their posts or the affected few change their browser?

Lets acknowledge the problem exists, now should everybody change their posts or the affected few change their browser?
    I'm using FF 11.0 and have tested this on IE9 with same result. On FF I use Adblock, but whitelisting DoneDeal makes no difference.

Just out of interest, using this ad http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3193496 as a test, does this link (captured via Right Click - Copy Image Location) http://photos2.donedeal.ie/View2-10867333.jpeg give you a "Click here to return to ad" option?

I presume this one (captured via Right Click - Copy Link Location) http://cars.donedeal.ie/donedeal/classifieds/viewFullPhoto.jsp?cid=10867333&ad=3193496&s3=true does.

Imo its as easy to link to an ad rather than a photo which may or may not allow certain users to click back to the ad.

If you have any ideas on how I could get the first pic link above to give me a Click Back option, I'd be glad to hear them, either here or via PM.

As I said above, I won't be asking for an ad link again in cases where users just post a pic link.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3021325
    no mention of test though......
    in Dublin - Owen
    click link - Esel
    :pac::p

I'm using FF 11.0 and have tested this on IE9 with same result. On FF I use Adblock, but whitelisting DoneDeal makes no difference.

Just out of interest, using this ad http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3193496 as a test, does this link (captured via Right Click - Copy Image Location) http://photos2.donedeal.ie/View2-10867333.jpeg give you a "Click here to return to ad" option?

I presume this one (captured via Right Click - Copy Link Location) http://cars.donedeal.ie/donedeal/classifieds/viewFullPhoto.jsp?cid=10867333&ad=3193496&s3=true does.

Imo its as easy to link to an ad rather than a photo which may or may not allow certain users to click back to the ad.

If you have any ideas on how I could get the first pic link above to give me a Click Back option, I'd be glad to hear them, either here or via PM.

As I said above, I won't be asking for an ad link again in cases where users just post a pic link.

The first link brings me to the full add, the second only to the photo and the third to the done deal page showing the photo with the link back to the full add.
    Its all irrelevant because the link I used was to the full add taken from the URL field at the top of the browser with the full add open, not the location of the picture which is only contained withing the IMG tags and was not linked from my posts.
    I regularly use Firefox and IE on windows 7, safari on iOS and the default browser on webOS and have never had a problem. Most people have no problems clicking the pics as links so it is not a mistake on the part of the posters here coping image locations instead of link locations, it is your browser or one of your add-ins, customizations or security settings.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Another one out wesht, cheaper again, some tax, long test, claims belt done 10k ago

[U/RL="http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3212180"][I/MG]http://photos.donedeal.ie/photos/Full?id=10957286[/IMG][/URL]

The link to the add is always in the posts you have trouble with. As shown above. If you want the link all you have to do is quote the post and you'll get it. That's it.

Any more trouble post here.

Now, bangers please...all the bangers...

Back on topic, I always had a soft spot for these Volvos
    Full?id=10973067

No mention of test however. Esel, if you can click the volvos bit but not the picture the its all you because they're wrapped by a single pair of URL tags.

Full?id=10973067

No mention of test however. Esel, if you can click the volvos bit but not the picture the its all you because they're wrapped by a single pair of URL tags.
    OK last post from me on this.

Volvos link brings up full ad, second link just a pic with no active content whatsoever...

Not your ornery onager

Promising a new NCT before completing the sale at €750. If it was an auto, I'd be visiting Mayo.

Full?id=10967739

Volvos link brings up full ad, second link just a pic with no active content whatsoever...

Both links bring the ad up for me fwiw.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Try a different computer at this stage :D

• Registered Users Posts: 65,025 ✭✭✭✭unkel

I was thinking of going for one of them until I realised that a very similar car, the Saab 9-5, is much better value for money (provided you get a good one)

I bought the latter, same age for about that money, but it came with a lot of main dealer SH, very good condition, with test and tax and less than half that mileage

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

There's some great value Saab 9-5s out there atm, particularly the older ones with just the chrome grilles (rather than the entire front end on the refresh models!). The low-low prices made me wonder if there's a shortage of parts since they went tits-up, or is it just that the used market is too chicken to buy something without a dealer network?

Wish Spyker hadn't dropped the ball, the 2nd generation 9-5 is a corker imo, a real return to form.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 579 ✭✭✭panama

dahamsta wrote: »
    There's some great value Saab 9-5s out there atm, particularly the older ones with just the chrome grilles (rather than the entire front end on the refresh models!). The low-low prices made me wonder if there's a shortage of parts since they went tits-up, or is it just that the used market is too chicken to buy something without a dealer network?

Wish Spyker hadn't dropped the ball, the 2nd generation 9-5 is a corker imo, a real return to form.

Have to agree. Very nice example on ebay:

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Saab-9-5-2006-Biopower-Vector-Sport-2-0t-Only-55k-miles-/251035669827?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3a72e45543

I don't think there's a problem with parts as far as I know. Neighbour of mine has had a 9-3 for a few years now and he sources parts no problem.

An S60 T5 with 7 months NCT asking €900, it's in Mayo (far far away for most of us) and there's 175k miles on it, the mileage I wouldn't be overly worried about tbh............

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3164249

Full-10725099.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 65,025 ✭✭✭✭unkel

No shortage of parts, no fear in the market for the absent main dealer. Just a big heavy old petrol car with a massive 2l engine. Enough to shake the average Irish man into buying a sh1tty small newish diesel car :)

Love the looks of the new one, massive presence, but sadly it is nowhere near as good as any of its competitors. But it is the same price. All of this has been the same story for Saab for the past few decades but I guess the market hasn't got any appetite at all any more...

Don't blame Spyker / Victor though. They really were (and are) trying. Several parties are still interested but GM are being obnoxious.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

panama wrote: »
    Have to agree. Very nice example on ebay.

My eyes, my eyes! So... much.... chrome...... eyes.... burning..... aaaaagghhh.....

@unkel, I can only assume massive was meant to be in quotes. I laugh my ass off every time I see some luser in here call 2l "big" engined. They really need to be put in a real big-engined car and taken for a spin. Preferably to a ferryport.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Saab Ed wrote: »
    I hope this thing doesn't get any cheaper or otherwise I'm gonna be forced into making another purchase :D

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3086561

View2-10355388.jpeg

Thats beautiful. Kerry is so damn far away though. Ive been to Dundalk, kildare village and clongriffin over the last week looking at cars that were meant to be "mint". Going through some whack of petrol.

Get the train... :) If the car's mint drive it home..... Course petrol prob still be cheaper....

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

Markcheese wrote: »
    Get the train... :) If the car's mint drive it home..... Course petrol prob still be cheaper....

Believe me I am thinking about it. I was talking to the guy last night. It's the 250bhp version by the way. /swoon.
    I am looking at an 01 SE 9-5 today. If that doesn't pan out, we will think further!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Markcheese wrote: »

Believe me I am thinking about it. I was talking to the guy last night. It's the 250bhp version by the way. /swoon.
    I am looking at an 01 SE 9-5 today. If that doesn't pan out, we will think further!

One word. Sludge.

One word. Sludge.

I know. It's true on everything pre 04 isn't it? What I am seeing today is meant to have service history till last year anyway.

One word. Sludge.

Is the 2.3 as prone as the 2.0? Are they the same block just larger displacement? I know very little about these. Or are you just putting people off the scent till you clear something from your drive and day trip to Kerry :D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

What you mean sludge? Are saabs 2.0 turbo engines are bad? I am looking at saabs myself, because I wil want to scrap my bangornomics ford this year.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement