Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Open Letter to All Irish Airsofters *mod warning in post 2 and 143, please read*

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Nuke1973

Looks like i'll be out of the country for the agm. Can i still put myself forward if i dont attand ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Nuke1973 wrote: »
    Looks like i'll be out of the country for the agm. Can i still put myself forward if i dont attand ?

Yes, it's been done before. Both IASRA candidates for election in the 2010 AGM weren't at the AGM.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Danin

Hi Lads,

I've just read through this Thread and would like to voice my opinions regarding some responses I've read.

First and foremost, I regard myself as a player first and a site operator second and as such, I'd also like to remind some people that I was a player long before I was a site operator.

Also as a Site operator I have no need to run for the hills due to the fact that as a site we had everything required to open in place before we did so.

From a personal point of view, I can honestly see both sides and can totally empathise with players and their concerns regarding this situation.

I do think though that with certain criteria put in place to safeguard these concerns, the positives would far out weight any negatives and Airsoft in Ireland would only benefit from the inclusion of Site Operators and Retailers because at the end of the day one can not exist without the other meaning a site cannot run without players and players cant play without sites.

So by that rationale we are all in this together for the protection, betterment and growth of the sport.

I know change is hard and some people would prefer that everything remain the same but as most of you would agree, sometimes regardless of whether you may like it or not change is good and in my opinion at this juncture it is needed for the good of the sport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Well said

Also if there were 100% commercial people involved would this not mean that if they tried to change rules or make airsoft work for them that they would be voted out.

I don't know if any of the lads from the northwest area are IAA members but if it ment that Keith might do us the favour of helping run the IAA i gaurentee that every one of them would vote this change in.

Why people that have helped to grow the sport are not allowed rep[resent the sport is and always has been beyond me. I can possaibly see an argument against retaillers (although retaillers do/did contribute towards the growth) but people who put their hands in their pockets and who put in the very hard work to provide places for us to play have done more for our sport than everyone save the few who founded the IAA and who have given up their time to run it since then.

Btw I'm not a iaa member, i was but i never got a card and i've never voted in my life so i didn';t see the point. In my opinion the retaillers and site owners have the most invested and their should be part of the group that protects the sport.

ha sanyone propsosed the motion in the op?
    the motion proposed on the egm2011 forum is different

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

I put forward a version that gives grater protection to the player control of the association. (I drafted the original)

Any other member is free to put forward what ever motions they like.

Steve

fayer wrote: »
    I put forward a version that gives grater protection to the player control of the association. (I drafted the original)

Any other member is free to put forward what ever motions they like.

Steve

i prefered the original
    i'm just pointing out that the one you drafted and the one thats been put forward are different, i had originally assumed that they were the same.

Tigger wrote: »
    i prefered the original
    i'm just pointing out that the one you drafted and the one thats been put forward are different, i had originally assumed that they were the same.

Go for it.

I think people in this debate have forgot its the members that decide what happens, they will vote and reject an amendment they don't like. Good to give them the choice, you should defo propose the wording you like.

Steve

my membership has lapsed and my membership of an affiliated club dosent let me

if the proposed chaange to the iaa constitution happens and the vice chair is a commercially challanged person then what happens when the chaair steps down cos most years when the chair steps down or goes mad or whatever happens them the vice chair becomes acting chair
    does the proposal wording allow for this

it seems to but i often get thisngs wrong wrt constitutions

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

Tigger. In the situation you describe, the Vice-Chair usually takes over as acting-Chairman. A replacement Chariman may be co-opted by the remaining committee members without that person being voted in.

And as has been said, if the membership decide, an EGM may be called within the confines of the constitution and a new Chariman can be voted in. So there are protections to prevent commercial interests taking over the chair.

Cool Bandannas

Lads just wanted to make a suggestion here as I will not make the meeting, would it be possible for the IAA to supply Sites with a number of printed forms for the application for membership to the IAA which could be distributed to players on the respected site, these forms could be replenished when required and it would then be up to the player to submit their application.

It's just that not everyone that plays has access to the internet and some don't trust filling in forms on it either but with a printed from which could also explain exactly what membership gives them might help and I'm sure it would be welcomed.

as I said it's just an idea and I'd appreciate your comments

thanks

Danin wrote: »
    Lads just wanted to make a suggestion here as I will not make the meeting, would it be possible for the IAA to supply Sites with a number of printed forms for the application for membership to the IAA which could be distributed to players on the respected site, these forms could be replenished when required and it would then be up to the player to submit their application.

It's just that not everyone that plays has access to the internet and some don't trust filling in forms on it either but with a printed from which could also explain exactly what membership gives them might help and I'm sure it would be welcomed.

as I said it's just an idea and I'd appreciate your comments

thanks

Up to the new committee but this has been normal for many years.

Cool Fayer no problem, it's just I've never seen them or been given any so I wasn't aware

but thanks for clearing it up and for such a quick response.

Advertisement