Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAE September 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭chursy

chursy wrote: »
    Sorry my bad

-Centre City College
    -Campuspolymers
    -Enver Thermostat Plastics Ltd
    -Lowland bank Limited
    -Uniforms R Us

these are the missing solutions

Any luck with these solutions guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭froggatt2011

Any luck with these solutions guys?

Campus, Enver & Lowland uploaded in Lagan case studies solutions - post #145. No clue where to find the others :(

Ok Solutions Outstanding include the following. Anyone with these solutions please feel free to share.

- City Centre College
    - Uniforms R US

Ok Solutions Outstanding include the following. Anyone with these solutions please feel free to share.

- City Centre College
    - Uniforms R US

Were they part of an integrated case study or the resource pack?

How are people approaching the study leave . Lad would be great and can share your plans etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Sunnyli

It's only the cases provided by the institute. The list will be too long if include the pastpapers/sample papers and mocks

Does this include pastpapers/Sample papers/Mock exams as well??? or is it just the cases provided by the institute

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Sunnyli

Mavic09 wrote: »
    Has anybody the Mock 2011 FAE Elective- Q & Ans? Can't find this on the web, could someone post it on here if they have it handy, thanks.

I only have the solutions for core and sim. tax elective if anyone need

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭ferike1

I did a case from the management accounting toolkit today. I remember why I hate it so damn much.

ferike1 wrote: »
    Hey this was floating round my firm. Dunno if people have it or not. They are the summarised notes for the guy who came first last year. Great concise sheets to bring into exam with the key points.
    http://www.4shared.com/zip/KiL2ERkH/FAE_Notes.html

Thank you to this guy :D

Indeed. A MASSIVE thank you to you for uploading these and to the guy as well. A great help.

Thanks to everyone who has made contributions on this thread. It's great to see such collaboration and I'm really grateful to you all.
    Sorry I haven't been around much - work and home life have both been mental, but easing into study mode now so hopefully will be able to give my tuppence worth here and there.
    Thanks again folks. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 Moorstown

Were they part of an integrated case study or the resource pack?

It's part of the Integrated Workshop, I don't have Uniform's R Us Limited solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Moorstown

Does anyone have the solution for Tekron for the cross marking session. We are told to bring it along with us on Friday night but yet it is not on my revision portal site. Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭mrduffy

bay trading ltd solution p7 overheads allocated on basis of turnover total is 3001
    I understand split is by turnover not sure where 3001 figure comes from or total overhead figure comes from ?

can some one explain I am lost

Does anyone know where the solutions for the Cases in Management and Accounting and Business toolkit can be found? The ones that are starred have solutions in the solutions manual. Where are the rest? Damn institute making things needlessly complicated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 laurini87

Does anyone know where the solutions for the Cases in Management and Accounting and Business toolkit can be found? The ones that are starred have solutions in the solutions manual. Where are the rest? Damn institute making things needlessly complicated.

Not sure if these are online yet, but I have attached them here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 laurini87

Would anyone have the following case questions? I am repeating from last year and looking for clean copies:

You Look Fantastic
    Victoria Ltd
    Surf Shop
    St. Bernard's
    O'Reilly Mortgages
    Irish Italian Food Partnership
    GlobalTech Packaging
    GEMS
    Dodgy Construction
    Datatech
    Byrne Ltd
    Building Fixes

Thanks in Advance!

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭mrduffy

mrduffy wrote: »
    bay trading ltd solution p7 overheads allocated on basis of turnover total is 3001
    I understand split is by turnover not sure where 3001 figure comes from or total overhead figure comes from ?

can some one explain I am lost

update hotel overhead 418

from o/h marketing, sh delivery, sh marketing, admin and overhead costs,
    i can not figure out hair, car garden environment over head
    allocated on turnover

its okay i understand now

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭louise1985

Is anyone else have trouble opening the PQA document on the induction notes. I'm not sure if its my computer or the document itself. THanks in advance

louise1985 wrote: »
    Is anyone else have trouble opening the PQA document on the induction notes. I'm not sure if its my computer or the document itself. THanks in advance

Can you open the attached?

• Advertisement

Must admit I'm struggling to get to grips with the different levels of detail required when answering the cases. :confused:
    Just worked through Surf Shop (45 minute case) and Midwest Oil (65 minute case). The suggested solution for Surf Shop blew me away with the level of detail required to even get a competent. I could never write all that in 45 minutes!!
    I would have expected Midwest Oil to be more detailed but the suggested solution was actually quite straightforward. :eek: I went way over the top with my answer which in the end contained way more gumph that was actually needed.
    I know that in some instances there is negative marking (but you will never know when) so writing more than is actually required can be detrimental. How the hell do you know???
    Suppose practicing more and more cases is the key, but I don't think that I will be getting the hang of this any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sully85

Hey guys-does anybody know if there are solutions to the Challenging questions in the FAE Core Tax Planning manual? Thanks in advance! :)

I was looking for those too.

Yeah, the cases can be annoying. Sometimes they want a little detail, sometimes a lot.

Negative marking? Where did you hear that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 x--ima--x

Hey guys, does anyone have the solutions for the last three case studies in the Business and Ethics book?
    - Target Ltd
    - The Dean's Dilemma
    - Mind your language?

I've attached the ones I have below. Thanks

Yeah, the cases can be annoying. Sometimes they want a little detail, sometimes a lot.

Negative marking? Where did you hear that?

During one of the integrated case study days. Can't remember the case but there was a solution which was to do with a joint venture. You had to list a ridiculous number of points to reach competency, and any irrelevant points were negatively marked. According to the lecturer this isn't the case in all the 'listy' type answers. Just whichever ones tickle the examiner's fancy.

I have a tax class with her this weekend so I'll ask her to clarify.

sully85 wrote: »
    Hey guys-does anybody know if there are solutions to the Challenging questions in the FAE Core Tax Planning manual? Thanks in advance! :)

I have the NI versions. Probably of no use to you, as I'm assuming you're ROI?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sully85

sully85 wrote: »

I have the NI versions. Probably of no use to you, as I'm assuming you're ROI?

Yeah sorry the ROI versions! Thanks anyways!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 marjo87

not going forward with fae 2012 due to change in circumstances..... just want to wish everyone good luck with the exams in september and say many thanks for the help and information on this forum... hope ye all pass!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭louise1985

Can you open the attached?

THank you so much, it opened from your link perfect. Thanks again :D

• Advertisement

marjo87 wrote: »
    not going forward with fae 2012 due to change in circumstances..... just want to wish everyone good luck with the exams in september and say many thanks for the help and information on this forum... hope ye all pass!!!!!

Good luck yerself marjo87 - all the best!

Advertisement