Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAE September 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭upnorthchick

hey there is first 5 case solutions

next 5! lol

next 5!

last of the lot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭jc_eire

Someone mentioned these cases/solutions for 2012...I haven't seen them anywhere, online or in the resource pack
    - Bill Williams
    - City Centre
    - Eco Cartrige
    - Park4Square
    - Solace House
    - Tolstoy Tools
    - Uniform4us

Anyone come across these???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭bluebell27

Jc_eire some of the papers & solutions you are looking for are attached earlier in the thread.

Does anyone know where to find the cases from the 2010 & 2011 mocks and the sample papers? They are in the cases index as follows:

2010 Mock:
    Level Playing Field
    Versatile Imaging
    Cavern Taverns
    TechTek

Sample Paper 1:
    Active health
    Auto Parking Meters
    Sutherland Holdings
    Indigo Plc

Sample Paper 2:
    Black & White
    Belfort Plc
    Investco
    Heating systems

Mock 2011:
    Bee Brilliant Ltd
    Paratech Ltd
    Devaney Motor Parts
    Stormy Beach

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 marjo87

does anyone have the claddagh,lagan,boyne, ect cases?

does anyone know if they can be purchased from the institute?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭supernova84

bluebell27 wrote: »
    Jc_eire some of the papers & solutions you are looking for are attached earlier in the thread.

Does anyone know where to find the cases from the 2010 & 2011 mocks and the sample papers? They are in the cases index as follows:

2010 Mock:
    Level Playing Field
    Versatile Imaging
    Cavern Taverns
    TechTek

Sample Paper 1:
    Active health
    Auto Parking Meters
    Sutherland Holdings
    Indigo Plc

Sample Paper 2:
    Black & White
    Belfort Plc
    Investco
    Heating systems

Mock 2011:
    Bee Brilliant Ltd
    Paratech Ltd
    Devaney Motor Parts
    Stormy Beach

2011 Mock Core & Sims attached. Can't find 2010 but if I do i'll put up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭supernova84

Found this re 2010 Mocks

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭bluebell27

Thanks supernova. That's a great help :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭EveT

I emailed the institute and got this back re the mocks

'Hi,

The mock papers and solutions are currently being updated and you will be notified once they are posted.'

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭froggatt2011

There are still places left on the FAE revision course at Griffith College Dublin if anyone is interested. Without more numbers the course might be cancelled so please get booking folks - I think I really need this course :)

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭KingEnda

There are still places left on the FAE revision course at Griffith College Dublin if anyone is interested. Without more numbers the course might be cancelled so please get booking folks - I think I really need this course :)

Checkout CGS www.charteredgrindschool.com Their Audit Elective course is full but they still have some places on their other courses.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭froggatt2011

KingEnda wrote: »
    Checkout CGS www.charteredgrindschool.com Their Audit Elective course is full but they still have some places on their other courses.

Thanks for the link :) Unfortunately those dates don't suit me :( I am really keeping my fingers crossed that the other courses go ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭jc_eire

chursy wrote: »
    Hi

I have the the following solutions for the Ethics and Corporate Governance can someone please upload the following cases for CG

- Foodforthough
    -Just sign on the doted line
    -Party Games
    -Hugh Mcmahon
    -Kilaney
    - Shane Nolan

Many thanks

Anyone have these cases, not sure where I even got the solutions from but cannot find cases anywhere...good deed of the day, please upload :D

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭mrduffy

find it very hard to sit down and do case studies they are impossible with no notes can t reference either the college is not preparing me for these exams

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Stey_9

jc_eire wrote: »
    Anyone have these cases, not sure where I even got the solutions from but cannot find cases anywhere...good deed of the day, please upload :D

Yeah they are all in your Ethics text book afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 27 FAE_UCH

Hi All,

Does anyone have the cases (the solutions are already on the thread) for
    • Neptune
    • Jones Fine Furniture
    • Green Homes
    • Telco
    I think they were in the resource pack last year but I got this year's resource pack and can't find the cases in it.

Thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Moorstown

Hey,

Does anyone have notes on ALL of the Financial Reporting standards as per the competency statement?

Thanks in advance, it would be much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Apollo_Creed

Well, Just wondering if anyone knows where to find questions and solutions sample paper 1 & 2?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭figrolls

What way are people going about studying for these?

I didnt make it to most of the lectures due to work, so not sure if I should watch them all online first, that would probably take me right up to the end of july.

Are people going through their CAP2 stuff first or just getting stuck straight into case studies and revising specifics as they go along?

Really starting to panic about these and theres still 10 weeks, i'll be a nervous wreck by the end!

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭EveT

figrolls wrote: »
    What way are people going about studying for these?

I didnt make it to most of the lectures due to work, so not sure if I should watch them all online first, that would probably take me right up to the end of july.

Are people going through their CAP2 stuff first or just getting stuck straight into case studies and revising specifics as they go along?

Really starting to panic about these and theres still 10 weeks, i'll be a nervous wreck by the end!

hmmm, I dont think Id watch them all if I was you, maybe pick out areas you might struggle with from the comp statement and watch them?

I think straight into cases for the first while, and then at least youve learned some technique, and still have time to fill the holes in your technical knowledge, but I dont know really...any other ideas??

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭luco123

Hi im repeating the tax elective i was wondering could someone post up the 2012 notes and cases for it. i would really really appreciate it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 the west

Does anyone have any idea how to apprach the strategy part of BL...seems alot in them lectures and that book????will definately appear again this year

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭chursy

Moorstown wrote: »
    Hey,

Does anyone have notes on ALL of the Financial Reporting standards as per the competency statement?

Thanks in advance, it would be much appreciated.

All notes are given on the link in the thread provided in the earlier pages. You can download all core notes from there.

the west wrote: »
    Does anyone have any idea how to apprach the strategy part of BL...seems alot in them lectures and that book????will definately appear again this year

I would review the notes and perhaps jumpt to case studies as you will pickup alot of material from there on BL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 the west

thanks for that...case studies + the notes given in class.

I have downloaded the 2012 cases from the Portal ( Revision course) However i am struggling to see any solutions for the following cases.

White Leisure emporium
    -Locust Coffee
    -Centre City College
    - Bay Trading Ltd
    -Thorpe Clinic
    -Campus Polymers
    -Enver Thermostat Plastics Ltd
    - Lowland bank Limited
    - Uniforms R Us
    -Talon Talents
    -Premiere Pet Food
    -Park 4 Square

these are all for 2012(i think) have the questions but no solutions. Can someone be kind enough to upload the solutions please :)

chursy wrote: »
    I have downloaded the 2012 cases from the Portal ( Revision course) However i am struggling to see any solutions for the following cases.

White Leisure emporium
    -Locust Coffee
    -Centre City College
    - Bay Trading Ltd
    -Thorpe Clinic
    -Campus Polymers
    -Enver Thermostat Plastics Ltd
    - Lowland bank Limited
    - Uniforms R Us
    -Talon Talents
    -Premiere Pet Food
    -Park 4 Square

these are all for 2012(i think) have the questions but no solutions. Can someone be kind enough to upload the solutions please :)

I dont have them all, but have attached the ones I do have!

• Advertisement

If I come accross the rest I'll throw them up when i get them

Advertisement