Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAE September 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭chursy

marjo87 wrote: »
    chursy wrote: »

dont forget the david walker report too .....http://www.group30.org/images/PDF/WalkerReview%20July%202009.pdf

What is this report?

Under the Corporate governance Competency statement, it only mentioned the combined code and irish annex?

I havent gone through the lecture of CG but can someone please point out why we need this document

many thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 marjo87

not sure about the resource pack remaining material as I dont have it but someone might let us know if we are missing anything?

the report is mentioned in the BL induction powerpoint slide 20 .... just covering my ass for BL that's all ...

Hi

I have the the following solutions for the Ethics and Corporate Governance can someone please upload the following cases for CG

- Foodforthough
    -Just sign on the doted line
    -Party Games
    -Hugh Mcmahon
    -Kilaney
    - Shane Nolan

Many thanks

can you put up the solutions also? I havent heard of those cases ... are they new?

can you put up the solutions also? I havent heard of those cases ... are they new?

I have access to the revision portal and these were uploaded there, probably new for 2012.

also can anyone see my previous posts and help me by any chance.

• Advertisement

chursy wrote: »
    I have access to the revision portal and these were uploaded there, probably new for 2012.

also can anyone see my previous posts and help me by any chance.

i have checked with some of my colleagues that sat the fae 2011 on nature flame and no one has heard of it ... will double check my cases folder this weekend

i have checked with some of my colleagues that sat the fae 2011 on nature flame and no one has heard of it ... will double check my cases folder this weekend

dont worry about nature flame - its actually a cross session case from 2010 i got it from one of my friends notes. Uploaded

Have all solutions been uploaded for the 2012 case studies? There are about 15 new cases this year i only have solutions for three
    - Bill & william
    -Tolstoy tools
    -Park 4 Square

See if you can find any more for 2012

this is the case list i have so far ... i'm probably misisng a few let me know if I am .....

there are some case solutions on page 3 of this thread i think

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭mrduffy

can some one give advice

what should I study notes or casestudies ???

mrduffy wrote: »
    can some one give advice

what should I study notes or casestudies ???

I am spending June on going through all the cases . Will be going through the audit lectures and notes for core and elective and the cases book for Financial reporting on the side.

Tax will be July and will top on anything in July and Aug for anything that i am not too sure about.

Its all about the technique!!!!

How are you guys going about it ? K

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 denward

Hi All,

Does anybody know where I could get a hold of all of the past mock exam papers and sample papers ? I can't seem to find them on the website. Also, what are the names of these cases ?

I am not sure that I have these however I have taken into account all of the cases from the resource pack and the cases per the past exam papers and the student centre.

Also, in relation to the audit elective papers, does anybody have a listing of all of the cases in relation to the audit elective ?

Thanks

Hi all

Can i please request everyone to help eachother on this thread. Also before posting anything ensure you have checked all the attachments already uploaded previously ( this can be done by click on the attachments icon on main home forum before entering this thread) so we dont duplicate the same questions again.

I think links for Mock exams have been provided earlier, if not let me know.

There are a few posts that i have made and would appreciate if someone can help me out here.

I will soon be uploading the list of all cases ( Excluding mocks, sample papers and past papers) for FAE core and Audit Elective

Many thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭supernova84

I just had a look through the competency statement and compared with last year. The only changes I can see are as follows;

Corporate Governance - Irish Corporate Governance Annex (additional reading material to be read along with UK CG Code)
    Tax - Use 2011 tax rules
    Performance Measurement - IFRS 9 introduced

Is there anything else I should know as I'm not attending lectures this year. I take it the tax book is the same just updated for 2011 tax rules? Have they made any changes to old cases from last year?

I've attached the 2011 tax reference material.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭ferike1

Does anyone have the solutions to the 'Challenging Questions' in the Tax planning book for core? Much appreciated.

Damn tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭EveT

hi guys,

how is everyone approaching study? I have about 8 weeks off over june, jul and aug (exc block release), I dont know where to start or where to think about starting! Start with cases? Individual subject info/books like FR cases book? Elective? Im doing tax, catching up on some lectures online at mo but not sure where to start!! I am doing 4 of the CGS revision courses.

When are you planning on starting weekend study as well as during the week study?! Im finding it hard to knuckle down this year, I think because there is so much to try to cover and I dont know where to start/ what sort of study strategy to use!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Caden Alexander

Hey, do you happen to have solutions to Thorpe Clinic and Bay trading case studies? I can't find them anywhere :(

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Username2011

So specifically, what are peoples plans for study leave?
    obviously after printing off notes and what not.
    where does one start!

Hey, do you happen to have solutions to Thorpe Clinic and Bay trading case studies? I can't find them anywhere :(

have you checked the old 2011 FAE thread??? should be there

Yes, there does not seem to be solutions for Thorpe Clinic and Bay Trading.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 dee359

Yes, there does not seem to be solutions for Thorpe Clinic and Bay Trading.

Here you go..:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭froggatt2011

Totally bricking it now! My boss is sick and there is noone to cover her job only me. I think I have in total 3 weeks study leave left between now and the finals in September - Eeeek :eek: Totally screwed for the mocks. Ah well! C'est la vie!

So when looking for inspiration I found this cracking article which some of you may have come across. Well worth a read, especially for you lucky ducks who have plenty of study leave.
    http://www.accountancyireland.ie/Documents/digital/2011/April/files/80.html

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭thisguy

Hey all, just looking for some adivce on where to start studying for these exams...havent started anything yet, and didnt make the lectures so not even sure where to begin!

not on study leave til next week so wont be doing anything until then

id appreciate if someone could give me some advice on what the key areas are and where i should begin studying, cause its all very daunting at the moment!

thanks in advance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Stey_9

Hi,

Could someone please upload solutions to the following FAE Core cases:

1) Lowland Bank
    2) Enver Plastics
    3) Uniforms R Us
    (4) Whites Leisure Emporium
    (5) Campus Polymers
    (6) Centre City Colleges

Think I have electronic copies of all other cases, can upload if anyone else is missing something.

Thanks

dee359 wrote: »
    Here you go..:)
    Thanks a million, really appreciate it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Colts

thisguy wrote: »
    Hey all, just looking for some adivce on where to start studying for these exams...havent started anything yet, and didnt make the lectures so not even sure where to begin!

not on study leave til next week so wont be doing anything until then

id appreciate if someone could give me some advice on what the key areas are and where i should begin studying, cause its all very daunting at the moment!

thanks in advance :)

I'm not sure what help I can be, but I managed to get through FAE last year with a decile of 1. I had 7 weeks off and I started off by watching the lecture explaining how the papers I marked, which I actually found quite useful (you can skip through bits of it) then spending about 4-5 days looking over Business Leadership and Performance Management (notes & sample qs). and 2-3 days for each of the other subjects, I found this gave me a decent knowledge of what I was writing about when it came to practising Case Studies.

Then I spent the final 3 weeks just practising different case studies of which the final week was in exam mode, or as close as I could manage given my ridiculously low attention span!

It's going to be a tough summer, but put the effort in and it'll be worth it in November!

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭upnorthchick

Hey all,
    Would anyone have all the core cases that are in the resource pack saved electronically that could post them up? I have all the updated solutions but no cases... as I tore mine apart last year into sections (very very bad idea)

Thanks in advance

I did the exact same as I wasn't contemplating repeating. I just have one big folder broke into sections with all solutions from BL, PM, Finance etc. Are the updated solutions online?

yea they are online, im looking clean ones to just start rattling through them all.

ill try and attach them later in the week, my work computer is useless

• Advertisement

ill try and attach them later in the week, my work computer is useless

Great thanks, I still can't find my way around that institute website after years of doing these exams.

Advertisement