Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAE September 2012

Options
1120121122123124126»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Bummed out accountant

Is anyone else suffering from a serious lack of motivation thinking about doing these rediculous exams again?

Went down of BL in the CORE...sufficiency of 1 in APM.Ah what a waste of summer 2012.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭R0N BURGUNDY

Well - it's ages away tbf. 2nd time round won't take half as much effort imo. You can be more economical with your study time as well because u know what you're sh1t at.

Got a red in tax myself. Painful when I would have said it was one of my best areas. Forgot about paying for them - don't know how I'm going to afford that at the mo...

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭costacurta

So did anyone's result change on clerical recheck?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭pepp

they are not out till wednesday

pepp wrote: »
    they are not out till wednesday

Are people confident of getting anything changed?

People in my office are optimistic about their results changing but i cant see any results changing due to the fact that papers close to the mark are rechecked on numerous occasions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭so_bored.com

Has many people signed up for the revision course?
    I cant decide what to do! Its a lot of money and then if the dates dont suit an you cant attend the class its a waste??

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭AB6891

Has many people signed up for the revision course?
    I cant decide what to do! Its a lot of money and then if the dates dont suit an you cant attend the class its a waste??

I'm the same - cant decide. This is my 3rd and hence FINAL go - failed just tax year 1, imp year 2. Audit Elective - sufficiency 1, decile 7 both times, talk about borderline, its soul destroying stuff!

I would have to travel from the south east all the way up then for Dublin lectures. Have you heard if its any good?

I haven't heard any reviews about the fae revision course, but i did the revision course for financial reporting at cap 2 and then I passed! that course was 2 intense weekends of lectures- all day sat and all day sund! Im from the north so had to stay down in dublin both weekends to attend!

Has anyone got their clerical recheck back yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 SJay

Has anyone who is repeating decided on whether or not they are repeating the AAFRP? I got RC in it, don't know whether to try it again and aim for C, or is it too risky?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭WeeDeee

SJay wrote: »
    Has anyone who is repeating decided on whether or not they are repeating the AAFRP? I got RC in it, don't know whether to try it again and aim for C, or is it too risky?

Yes I am planning on doing it again, i got RC last year also and might do the chartered grind school class on it this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭RT2010

Would recommend the AAFRP course with CGS. Not only good for the AAFRP exam but a good high level run through Financial Reporting in general.

Have AAFRP, Audit and Tax materials from the CGS courses last year if anyone interested in taking them off my hands! PM me.

I haven't heard any reviews about the fae revision course, but i did the revision course for financial reporting at cap 2 and then I passed! that course was 2 intense weekends of lectures- all day sat and all day sund! Im from the north so had to stay down in dublin both weekends to attend!

Has anyone got their clerical recheck back yet?

You going to sign up for the revision course this year?

I've still to hear anyone get a response on their clerical recheck.

AB6891 wrote: »

You going to sign up for the revision course this year?

I've still to hear anyone get a response on their clerical recheck.

Yea think i will sign up to the revision course! I got my clerical rechecj back but there was no change!

Has anyone received the report on their exam yet? Thought it was supposed to be out yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Lis9

Nope, I thought we were to get tutorial reports last fri... :rolleyes:
    Maybe they've realised that a bunch of us should actually have passed :pac:

Also, I've sent off the form for the FAE revision course & exam fees for 2013 but haven't heard anything back since either

Lis9 wrote: »
    Nope, I thought we were to get tutorial reports last fri... :rolleyes:
    Maybe they've realised that a bunch of us should actually have passed :pac:

Also, I've sent off the form for the FAE revision course & exam fees for 2013 but haven't heard anything back since either

I sent the form for the revision course aswel and I noticed no money had been taken from my account and I hadn't heard anything so I emailed on Friday an they said they could confirm recieving my form but due to a large no. of applications it had not yet been processed, but still haven't heard anything yet! An seen the timetable on the website classes start on the 16th I think it is

• Registered Users Posts: 24 cbxmurphy

I have signed up for revision course, sent in 2 weeks didnt hear anything back, have to ring them to get things speed up bit. I paid 450 for revision because I heard otherwise you wont get any information and case material for exam, will feel totally out of loop. the course itself not much of difference from last year, I dont think it worth to travel up as i am down south east too.

Hey, i'm lookimg for some advice, I'm repeating the FAEs and I've started the revision course but i feel like i need to re-organise all my notes i think i have too much stuff in each file and i brought this all into the exam with me last time which was of little use! Could any1 tell me the approach they took and how they managed to downsize so much information into summaries etc?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭lexluthor

has anybody ever used IFRS Green Book ? Is it particularly helpful ?
    http://www.ifrs.org/Features/Pages/IFRS-2012-Green-Book.aspx
    I'm split between Green Book and the Supplementary text listed on the new competency statement Applying International Financial Reporting Standards (Jacaranda) [Paperback]
    Keith Alfredson (Author), Ken J. Leo (Author), Ruth Picker (Author), Janice Loftus (Author), Kerry Clark (Author), Victoria Wise (Author)
    http://www.amazon.com/International-Financial-Reporting-Standards-Jacaranda/dp/0470819677

Hey, i'm lookimg for some advice, I'm repeating the FAEs and I've started the revision course but i feel like i need to re-organise all my notes i think i have too much stuff in each file and i brought this all into the exam with me last time which was of little use! Could any1 tell me the approach they took and how they managed to downsize so much information into summaries etc?
    Thanks

I couldn't make the revision course on Sunday through illness, just wondering how it went? Hopefully it will be uploaded on the site and I can catch up.

If you go back through this thread there are some great tips around the organisation of notes, but hopefully some more replies come your way!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭louise1985

Hi,
    Would anyone have access to the FAE Tax elective timetable for Galway for 2013? I'm a repeat student moving back to Galway as my contract in Cork finished. Any help greatly appreciated

Hi,

Is anybody attending the audit elective revision day in Dublin on Sunday?

Just wondering what notes people are bringing.

Cheers.

Do people see any use in having a thread for fae repeat students or will topics, notes, ideas etc be better shared here?

Best of luck to all this year.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭lexluthor

can someone please let me know where is the FAE exam center in Cork, so like whats the equivalent of RDS in cork where institute schedules exams? need to book hotels nearby as coming from abroad to sit for the exam..

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Lis9

lexluthor wrote: »
    can someone please let me know where is the FAE exam center in Cork, so like whats the equivalent of RDS in cork where institute schedules exams? need to book hotels nearby as coming from abroad to sit for the exam..

Hi, I've never sat them there but I think it's the Bishopstown GAA club

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭chursy

BUMP

• Registered Users Posts: 24 biddyboo

laurini87 wrote: »
    Not sure if these are online yet, but I have attached them here.

I found the MABF Solutions attached to FAE September 2012 Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 24 biddyboo

fyi

Advertisement