Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAE September 2012

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 marjo87

Starting to proper freak out now. Going through these stupid cases is so time consuming. Need to get finger out and start caning them. Goodbye life

how much study leave, if any, do you have Ron?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭katie21

I think people might find this useful.
    It is a list of the cases and the areas they each cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭mrduffy

Have you started doing cases katie ? I am trying to go over lecture notes course first am i screwed

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Username2011

Starting to proper freak out now. Going through these stupid cases is so time consuming. Need to get finger out and start caning them. Goodbye life

Alright. Steady on. If you're freaking out already in May, it's going to be a long bloody three months to September,

Alright. Steady on. If you're freaking out already in May, it's going to be a long bloody three months to September,

agreed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭R0N BURGUNDY

I'm getting the recommended 7 weeks study leave. What's everyone else getting?

Yeah - defo will be!! I just haven't done much other than study for AAFRP up to now and hate the feeling of being behind!! Really want to pass these first time and want to do whatever I can to give myself the best chance!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭katie21

I havent started studying at all yet and wont be until I go on study leave which is middle of June. Plenty of time in nearly 3 months to study. I thinik I will do a couple of weks of study but from advise from others who have sat them, the key is to practie case studies as much as possible!

I'm only getting 6 weeks and that includes my annual leave. not happy. Trying to get small bits done at weekend to get me started before study leave.

have my study plan for the 6 weeks done up but I know from last year that doing a solid week of cases isnt the best approach (might be for some but not everyone) I myself think it is better to do one full day a week of pure cases and note then what you dont know and concentrate on techniqie. leave the last couple of study days for them also.

That's just my new planned way based on talking to my peers that passed (and were placed last year) but everyone will have a different way. . . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I am getting 3 weeks for the audit elective.

My study plan between now and then is to learn the standards as much as I can.

• Advertisement

Yeah marjo = that's the reason I think I need to get the finger out now. The case studies are a total melt and time consuming. I want to do some now and get to know what I need to work on so I can do that on study leave.

Our work gives zero study leave for resits. Not good!!

Heard some big places are giving out 12 weeks for first sitting - that true?

We are not given leave for re-sit, I have to take it as annual leave / unpaid leave

what about 1st time round - what did u get then?

I was out of contract when I sat them last year so I had to take my annual leave / unpaid leave also. I took 3/4 weeks.

I did not know they were not giving me leave and had already used up some of my annual leave.

Hard lines!! Well - good luck with your elective = I'm sure you'll boss it

Fingers crossed!! I am sick to death of these exams (took ages to pass SFMA)

Our work gives zero study leave for resits. Not good!!

Heard some big places are giving out 12 weeks for first sitting - that true?

yup and even more some are off from 1 June

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭chursy

I have started with the Audit elective - Sean Murreys lectures are amazing as they direct you to what to focus on with specific references to the Auditing standards etc- However very time consuming to go through and read everything.

I plan to do cases in June along with the FR toolkits - I am on study leave from July, so planning to focus on revising bits and pieces . I am told to do tax at a later stage as one forgets this very easily.

Its all about the cases/technique!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭ferike1

I had to take annual leave but I am done next Friday!

• Advertisement

Hi

Could someone be able to upload the following cases with solutions please.

1) NatureFlames
    2)MechElec Limited ( Question only)
    3)Petrov ( Q&A)

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 27 FAE_UCH

Never heard of Nature Flame if someone else has it

Thanks FAE UCH - really appreciate your help. Nature Flames was one of the cases uploaded in the index here

By any chance do you have the solution for Audit Elective Case - White Distribution Limited?

guys just to let you all know the old thread for FAE 2011 in this forum has alot of attachments and majority of the cases and resources should be there relevent to 2011 specially. If you go on the main thread ( under the accountancy heading) there is a attached sign next to it. click on it and you will see all attachments uploaded.

I downloaded alot of stuff i.e cases for 2011 from there last night.

Also for 2012 Audit Elective can someone help in the other thread please, dedicated to for AAE 2012

FAE_UCH - Nature flames was there in one of the case study index uploaded here

• Registered Users Posts: 26 passwo

Hi All, just wondering if anyone has a copy of The Irish Corporate Governance Annex that they could upload here?

just watched a CG & Ethics lecture with Paul Monahan and realised it was new this year. Think it might be in the resource pack..as I am a repeat student I didn't get an updated resource pack this year!

passwo wrote: »
    Hi All, just wondering if anyone has a copy of The Irish Corporate Governance Annex that they could upload here?

just watched a CG & Ethics lecture with Paul Monahan and realised it was new this year. Think it might be in the resource pack..as I am a repeat student I didn't get an updated resource pack this year![/QUOT

See Attached

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭ferike1

Don't really know where to begin! So much material!

chursy wrote: »
    passwo wrote: »

just watched a CG & Ethics lecture with Paul Monahan and realised it was new this year. Think it might be in the resource pack..as I am a repeat student I didn't get an updated resource pack this year![/QUOT

See Attached

dont forget the david walker report too .....http://www.group30.org/images/PDF/WalkerReview%20July%202009.pdf

• Advertisement

thanks marjo.. is there anything else in that resource pack that i would be missing and should get?

Advertisement