Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlocking Achievements

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Anyone fancy a run through saints row 2 on co-op ?

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

Feck me, i just did the 50 waves on casual on a fenix map. It took 2 hours, even with super reload, instagib and infinite ammo. It's a tough one. I did it on escalation btw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Batman, me, the missus, Seamarse and PvtKeogh have said we're up for tomorrow night around 8ish for some Phoenix rising achievements if you're game just let us know on TA :) Can knock out some ribbons too :)

We a go for this tonight? If we're a man short I've got a mate who'd probably be interested. Are we looking at an 8PM kick off?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

djkeogh wrote: »
    We a go for this tonight? If we're a man short I've got a mate who'd probably be interested. Are we looking at an 8PM kick off?

I'm still good for 8, see ya then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Just got my last few achievements in Prince of Persia. Played through it when it came out first, had it borrowed from a mate, and didn't think much of tit. Got it free from Gamespot in a deal they had going just there over xmas... I'm still not impressed with the game though.

• Advertisement

I do love team work.

it was a successful session last night alright. Now to arrange to batter through the Horde achievements. Have none of them yet but looking at it and a small bit of planning we should be able to get them all in one run on a Fenix map as the original members of Zeta!!

A few of us from last night have the Zeta achievement but if we're doing the Horde stuff during the weekend it would be no problem to just arrange characters for Zeta team.

I'm kicking myself today; when we finished last night I went through my Gears 3 achievement list and I DO NOT have the achievement for a kill with every creature in beast mode... f**k! I have about 6 or 7 more to do. It's not a problem really as I can do it easily enough on my own but after 5 full rounds last night I hoped to not have to see that mode again for a while :)

Has anyone played through Terminator Salvation? I hear it's an easy 1000G and my local Xtra-Vision have it for €5 but I'm trying to decide if it's worth the time...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Has anyone played through Terminator Salvation? I hear it's an easy 1000G and my local Xtra-Vision have it for €5 but I'm trying to decide if it's worth the time...

Soooo easy! and short.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

Here mine top games

1 Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 08 2,541
    2 Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2,385
    3 Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters 2,377
    4 Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2,355
    5 Borderlands 2,082
    6 Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 09 1,977
    7 Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10 1,947
    8 Alice: Madness Returns 1,747
    9 Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 11 1,726
    10 Grand Theft Auto IV 1,698

And top single achievment

1 EA SPORTS™ GamerNet 5000 5.74
    2 Play in 5 online Tournaments 5.60
    3 Gold Gotham Arcader 5.08
    4 Pin Collector 4.51
    5 EA SPORTS™ GamerNet 1000 4.42
    6 Big Money 4.07
    7 Gold Card Membership 3.94
    8 High Roller 3.81
    9 Long Jump Legend 3.72
    10 Broken Record 3.70

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

acecard....there's no cheevos on netflix yaknow :P

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

luckyfrank wrote: »
    Here mine top games

1 Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 08 2,541
    2 Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2,385
    3 Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters 2,377
    4 Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2,355
    5 Borderlands 2,082
    6 Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 09 1,977
    7 Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10 1,947
    8 Alice: Madness Returns 1,747
    9 Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 11 1,726
    10 Grand Theft Auto IV 1,698

And top single achievment

1 EA SPORTS™ GamerNet 5000 5.74
    2 Play in 5 online Tournaments 5.60
    3 Gold Gotham Arcader 5.08
    4 Pin Collector 4.51
    5 EA SPORTS™ GamerNet 1000 4.42
    6 Big Money 4.07
    7 Gold Card Membership 3.94
    8 High Roller 3.81
    9 Long Jump Legend 3.72
    10 Broken Record 3.70

Do EA sponsor you or something? There's a lot of EA on that list.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭AceCard Jones

Arawn wrote: »
    acecard....there's no cheevos on netflix yaknow :P

But...it has Thomas the Tank Engine! :o

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Soooo easy! and short.

Cool. I picked it up yesterday so I'll hopefully fly through it on the weekend.

Cool. I picked it up yesterday so I'll hopefully fly through it on the weekend.

Fly through it in about 3 or 4 hours....easily I'd say....

I had 5 of those beast kills left to get and boxed them all off over the 5 rounds so was happy to get that done. Don't have to worry bout Beast mode again unless i start ribbon hunting.

I've got a bit of a free run for tomorrow night if anyone is on for tackling the Horde Achievements?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Fly through it in about 3 or 4 hours....easily I'd say....

Some frustrating parts though, and a terrible game.

djkeogh wrote: »
    I had 5 of those beast kills left to get and boxed them all off over the 5 rounds so was happy to get that done. Don't have to worry bout Beast mode again unless i start ribbon hunting.

I've got a bit of a free run for tomorrow night if anyone is on for tackling the Horde Achievements?

I'm good for tomorrow night.
    Let me know what time you are thinking and I'll be sure to be online.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Gonna rock through MW3 again this weekend for a few Gs before I have to return it to it's owner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭da gamer

hi james howlett,
    if you or any of the other guys here are interested there is a boards achievement league set up on ta. the thread is here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=71583935

im not sure if any of the lads monitor it anymore but i like to log on from time to time to see how i compare with some of the other boardsies. i think the league based system gives the extra incentive to go and get a few extra achievements! if anyone here wants to join the league just send a request via ta and we will gladly add you.
    regards
    da gamer

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭da gamer

Here are my top 10's. i only completed rise of nightmares a few days ago, didnt realise the achievements were as high on ta.

Best Games
    The Gunstringer 1,488
    Bully: Scholarship Edition 1,110
    The Godfather II 1,100
    Rise of Nightmares 1,079
    Battlefield: BC 2 1,073
    Fight Night Round 3 1,068
    Borderlands 1,038
    Pro Evolution Soccer 6 1,009
    Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 1002
    Assassin's Creed II 980

Achievements
    Pipe-Layer Rise of Nightmares 4.55
    Knife User Rise of Nightmares 4.45
    Escape From the Grasp of Evil Rise of Nightmares 4.42
    Killa Saints Row 4.41
    Mad Bomber Rise of Nightmares 3.97
    Nightmare Escapee Rise of Nightmares 3.78
    Ernst Rise of Nightmares 3.67
    Meet Your Maker Motionsports 3.49
    Thug Saints Row 3.26
    Why Would You Even Do This? The Gunstringer 3.26

Think I started a thread ages ago on this , but this thread has the hardcore dedicated cream of the crop.

The objective..... do we have all the weapons between us for "We need guns..." in Fable 3?????

Still on the hunt for a co-op partner for Gears 2 insane run, and co-op for Saints Row 2, will consider boosting MP in Saints Row 1 too.

Also want to get Moxi's done in Borderlands, but that is a few nights work too.

Also have a few easy co-op ones in Guitar Hero 3 to get out of the way.

I'll do a gears 2 insane run Calex!!

We'd just have arrange a time or do it over a few evenings!!!

I got as far as the leviathan boss on my own! Not easy! Not easy at all!

Hmmm seems we both need, Friends with Benefits,Open Relationship,You Go Ahead, I'll Be Fine, and Hoard the Horde too,

I'd say work on those just but there is a spicy payout of 150 GS for Suicide Missionary

Hmmm seems we both need, Friends with Benefits,Open Relationship,You Go Ahead, I'll Be Fine, and Hoard the Horde too,

Edit: do you have the flash back maps? been puttin goff doing them for the sake of completion % but we could get those easily too.

calex71 wrote: »

Edit: do you have the flash back maps? been puttin goff doing them for the sake of completion % but we could get those easily too.

Ya, have all the maps and none of the achievements. We could include a few other lads for doing the map based achievements, like Seamarse, who I played a bit of Gears 2 with lately.

Ya, have all the maps and none of the achievements. We could include a few other lads for doing the map based achievements, like Seamarse, who I played a bit of Gears 2 with lately.

Yeah I'm defintely up for clearing some Gears 2 multiplayer achievements, particularly "Horde the Horde" as I still haven't managed to get to wave 50 yet in Gears 2 or 3 :(

...I still haven't managed to get to wave 50 yet in Gears 2 or 3 :(

Well get another 1 or 2 players, and I can host a horde match on Escalation, with the mutators, and it will take about 2 hours all going well to complete.

I cleared it with AceCard and his missus on Sunday night, good use of Hammer Command Centres to wipe out the horde each time speeded things up.

• Advertisement

Well get another 1 or 2 players, and I can host a horde match on Escalation, with the mutators, and it will take about 2 hours all going well to complete.

Don't worry about Gears 3, I only want to finish Horde once mode for the achievement of saying I did it, the gamerscore achievement is secondary in this case. :)

If we're planning a Gears 2 Horde session then that's enough for me, especially since none of us have that achievement anyway so we'll all get something out of it. I wouldn't ask anyone to go through a 2 hour game session for something they already have.

@Calex - Batman and I did a Horde 1 - 10 achievement two weeks ago in Gears 2 and it was tough enough with just the two of us so if we are going for the full 50 we would definitely need another two players.

Advertisement