Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlocking Achievements

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Thanks for clearing that up everyone :D

I'd imagine some crappy disney game has achievements worth less in TA than they actually are.
    If avatar burning earth isn worth negative points no game ever will be

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

Yeah, Avatar burning earth has like for like TA score, 100GS = 100TA. Pixar's Cars is similar

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Yeah, Avatar burning earth has like for like TA score, 100GS = 100TA. Pixar's Cars is similar
    Have you actually played avatar?? All 1000 points can be got in the tutorial 3 minutes into the game

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭AceCard Jones

Count me in for the Phoenix Rising achievements Mr.Freeze. If you're grinding horde for xp and ribbons count me in also. Until February I shouldn't be too busy with other games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Count me in for the Phoenix Rising achievements Mr.Freeze. If you're grinding horde for xp and ribbons count me in also. Until February I shouldn't be too busy with other games.

What he said :D

• Advertisement

Arawn wrote: »
    Have you actually played avatar?? All 1000 points can be got in the tutorial 3 minutes into the game

Nope, i never want to taint my gamerscore with that Shîte......yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Wouldn't mind getting in on some of the Gears achievements also!

As long as one of you have mutators, particularly the super reload, infinite ammo and instagib, you'll fly through the 50 waves. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭War Machine 539

Invite mesometime for a bit of Gears! :)

As long as one of you have mutators, particularly the super reload, infinite ammo and instagib, you'll fly through the 50 waves. :D

Did the 50 waves on normal with no mutators and on hardcore with the infinite ammo only. It's not too difficult if you do it with 4 other friends or a team who will communicate and assist. I'll have to do 50 again on these new bloody maps...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Did the 50 waves on normal with no mutators and on hardcore with the infinite ammo only. It's not too difficult if you do it with 4 other friends or a team who will communicate and assist. I'll have to do 50 again on these new bloody maps...:rolleyes:

Didn't we do those without mutators ? I seem to recall getting blown to kingdom come when theBatman finished off a gunker boss on wave 50 :D

Yeah, i've done waves 1-50 on insane with no mutators, it's completely possible but very tough. It took us nearly 4 and a half hours. But the boss waves were a bit of a nightmare. :P

calex71 wrote: »
    Didn't we do those without mutators ? I seem to recall getting blown to kingdom come when theBatman finished off a gunker boss on wave 50 :D

I think you might be right. God we're legends at getting gunked. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Twas a Lambent Zerker, nailed it with the Torque Bow, total fluke.

We will have to get a party of 5 together for these new achievements anyways, 5 matches of private beast, and one big horde session, and a couple of versus matches is all we need.

The leveling up ones can feck off....the ribbons should be ok too, we can help each other out there in private matches anyways, I have over 80% of them at the mo.

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Twas a Lambent Zerker, nailed it with the Torque Bow, total fluke.

We will have to get a party of 5 together for these new achievements anyways, 5 matches of private beast, and one big horde session, and a couple of versus matches is all we need.

The leveling up ones can feck off....the ribbons should be ok too, we can help each other out there in private matches anyways, I have over 80% of them at the mo.

Me and the missus can cover two spots so sign us up. Beast and horde should be easy and Versus will just take patience. Sitting at 80% of the ribbons myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Me and the missus can cover two spots so sign us up. Beast and horde should be easy and Versus will just take patience. Sitting at 80% of the ribbons myself.

Can I be on the team too? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭GOOSEPAUL

Hi Guys,

Fairly new to boards so send me a FR on xbox and i will help also. Gamertag is the same. Most of the lads on my friends list don't play gears so its a bit of a nightmare to get a team for horde :(

GOOSEPAUL wrote: »
    Fairly new to boards so send me a FR on xbox and i will help also. Gamertag is the same.

Add me, GT: The Batman IRL, will be playing mostly gears and BF3 until Mass Effect 3 comes out.

No, cause you jumped into my solo Insane horde game, fired my command centre before I wanted to, got killed and quit....:pac: at least I think that was you. Only messing the more the merrier.

I think I can get the rest of my ribbons in private games, except for Trickshot, headshot double kill with the Torque bow. :eek:

+me, party of five? ;)

I signed up for True Achievements over the weekend and have a bit of dirt to cover up so the more "good achievements" I have the easier it will be to hide the ****e ones I got...

I think I can get the rest of my ribbons in private games, except for Trickshot, headshot double kill with the Torque bow. :eek:

Easy, start a private game with a friend and a guest, line them both up. Get a torque bow, and line up both the heads.

• Advertisement

My latest shamefully "earned" achievements is "Golden Voice" in Guitar Hero: Greatest Hits
    You scored 95% or more on the song Killer Queen as the Vocalist (Expert)

I used this video and held the mic to the speaker and got it in one :D:o :pac:

Oh it got me over the 130,000GS Hump !!!!!!

My latest shamefully "earned" achievements is "Golden Voice" in Guitar Hero: Greatest Hits

I used this video and held the mic to the speaker and got it in one :D:o :pac:

Oh it got me over the 130,000GS Hump !!!!!!

Hide your shame Calex! :eek:

Though the Vocals were so bad in World Tour I'd say that's how most people got it. I'd just be too lazy to get the video and game playing in Sync...:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭War Machine 539

Just broke 50'000 last night! Roll on the next 50'000!

On a more serious note, my associates and I require one man, nay, one soldier, to help us acquire the focusing stone on Shang-Ri La and then on to the Moon . . . . .

We need someone with the DLC and who is a TEAM PLAYER. We already have a lone wolf and we can't play this with him. ITS TOO PAINFUL!

So if you can help add me on teh XBL and put Shang-Ri La in the message along with your credit card details and we will be set! :D

Three of us have been holding out for this one as it can't be done without four players so we would genuinely appreciate any help offered!

I tried to get an achievement tonight in Gears of War 2 for completing waves 1 - 10 on the Highway map... it did not go well. I got as far as wave 8 on my own but kept getting beaten close to the end each time. At one stage I had the wave down to one enemy but it was a kantus who then got me with a grenade.

All that time and nothing to show for it :(

I tried to get an achievement tonight in Gears of War 2 for completing waves 1 - 10 on the Highway map... it did not go well. I got as far as wave 8 on my own but kept getting beaten close to the end each time. At one stage I had the wave down to one enemy but it was a kantus who then got me with a grenade.

All that time and nothing to show for it :(

I have Gears 2 that came with all the dlc but terrified to start the dlc for fear of my completion % :(

Could be another game for a few of us to focus on ?

Edit: We could do the Flashback and combustible ones maybe those look 100%-able albeit time sinks.

A good few of the dark corners achievements are easy enough to get. I went back and did the deleted scene in stealth mode tonight and it only took me 10 minutes(ish).

Most of the other ones are a bit of a time stink but I'd be up to help if you were looking for a team.

If you wanted a ton of gamerscore there's always an insane play-through in co-op:
    Artist of War 75
    Suicide Missionary 150
    Open Relationship 30
    Friends with Benefits 50

A lot of gamerscore but I'd say it's tough enough.

be prepared for a good ~12 hours (i'm factoring in deaths) on insane co-op in gears 2.

I have Gears 2 that came with all the dlc but terrified to start the dlc for fear of my completion % :(

Could be another game for a few of us to focus on ?

To Hell with completion ratios! sure its only the gamerscore that counts. :pac:

As for a Gears 2 team, count me in.

Seamarse jumped into my Gow2 game last night, it was just us against bots, flipping not easy I have to say.

I also failed to get to wave 10 on my own in horde mode, Gears 3 has us spoilt rotten.

There are tonnes of achievements there for the taking, just a matter of putting the time in.

For for Insane, I am up as far as the giant Fish boss on a solo run and its hell.

be prepared for a good ~12 hours (i'm factoring in deaths) on insane co-op in gears 2.

That's quite a big investment...
    I also failed to get to wave 10 on my own in horde mode, Gears 3 has us spoilt rotten.

There are tonnes of achievements there for the taking, just a matter of putting the time in.

Gears 3 certainly has made things a hell of a lot easier, not only with fortifications but the AI enemies seem to be a lot smarter as well. Those bots are playing to win :)

That said a 4 -5 strong team can certainly fly through the first 10 waves of horde and a lot of the achievements require waves 1 - 10 on X map so like Freeze said, it's just a matter of putting the time in.

• Advertisement

You online tonight Seamarse?

I'm normally on from around 8 to 11. So i'd be up for trying one of them horde mode map achievements, and there's a few WIN 5 Wingman matches on certain maps ones too.

Advertisement