Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlocking Achievements

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    You online tonight Seamarse?

I'm normally on from around 8 to 11. So i'd be up for trying one of them horde mode map achievements, and there's a few WIN 5 Wingman matches on certain maps ones too.

Yeph should be online from 9pm or just after.

Were you thinking of:
    Standing Here, Beside Myself
    Be Careful What You Wish For
    Ride It All Night Long

any other ones you need/ think achievable?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Sounds good, sure we can start with those.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Two achievements that really stick out in my mind include "They Came to Hear Me Beg" in Halo Reach, some got it straight away, it took me about 70 tries to get that bad boy, and for a mere 25g :p

The other one that still taunts me and is keeping me from the platinum trophy in Vanquish on ps3, is to complete the Tactical Challenges (for 50g on xbox). 6 maps, each with rounds of enemies, and each progressively harder. The final one is definitely the most difficult achievement I've ever tried to get! Great game though...

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

Vanquish was one hard ass game. The final boss was actually way to hard, and i was playing it on the hardest difficulty at the time(hard), which turned out to be the 2nd hardest when i finished the game. I can't imagine how hard it'd be on God Hard (the hardest difficulty)

Sounds good, sure we can start with those.

It might be possible to tie Forged in the Fire in with Standing Here, Beside Myself, we'll see how it goes.

Catch you later so.

• Advertisement

It might be possible to tie Forged in the Fire in with Standing Here, Beside Myself, we'll see how it goes.

It's possible to do most of those achievements in private matches. Here's a guide how to do that: http://www.trueachievements.com/a30263/forged-in-the-fire-achievement.htm?showguides=1

Vanquish was one hard ass game. The final boss was actually way to hard, and i was playing it on the hardest difficulty at the time(hard), which turned out to be the 2nd hardest when i finished the game. I can't imagine how hard it'd be on God Hard (the hardest difficulty)

My theory is that you may have been playing it wrong, as I was for about half the game :cool:

This video shows how it should be done:

If you play in this style trust me its MUCH easier [with constant jet sliding and rolling into and out of slow motion while aiming you can essentially permanently use the slo mo]. That last challenge is damn hard though.

Meh, i got it all done in the end, i was so happy with myself. :P

I love the achievements where it's such a relief to have done, but are a nightmare while doing. Basically, most of those vidmaster achievements from halo 3 and ODST.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 167 ✭✭promethius42

I don't so much have specific achievements I like but rather games, for example I strive to earn all the achievements in the likes of Mass Effect or Skyrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Two achievements that really stick out in my mind include "They Came to Hear Me Beg" in Halo Reach, some got it straight away, it took me about 70 tries to get that bad boy, and for a mere 25g :p

The other one that still taunts me and is keeping me from the platinum trophy in Vanquish on ps3, is to complete the Tactical Challenges (for 50g on xbox). 6 maps, each with rounds of enemies, and each progressively harder. The final one is definitely the most difficult achievement I've ever tried to get! Great game though...
    is this the one where you had to execute someone from a fatal height fall, that was really simple on the last level but most tards (myself included) did it the jet pack off the big **** off building to get??

• Advertisement

Catch you later so.

Deadly.

Re: They came to hear me beg!!!

What a ghastly mare that achievement was, I must have done that jump & execution a hundred times, and when it finally popped, the kill was no different to dozens I had done previously.

I love the achievements where it's such a relief to have done, but are a nightmare while doing.

One that took me ages to get was il principe from Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. That one required 100%-ing all story missions and side quests, of which there were many. By the time it took to finish I had so much over exposure to the animus that the bleeding effect caused me to wonder where I really lived; Modern Ireland or 16th-Century Rome.

One that took me ages to get was il principe from Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. That one required 100%-ing all story missions and side quests, of which there were many. By the time it took to finish I had so much over exposure to the animus that the bleeding effect caused me to wonder where I really lived; Modern Ireland or 16th-Century Rome.

HA, i tried that one, and i had a about 70% done, then the ending of the game pissed me off so much that i never played it again. Assassin creed games are really good, right up to the ending where ubisoft seem to rush it and the story falls to pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

I do love the cheevs. Like a few people here i've gone back to some of the original games i'd played when I first got the xbox and didn't have any knowledge or desire for achievements. 2 of the most recent ones were Virtua Tennis 3 which is not my type of game at all. I've picked up a few in it but have no inclination to play it.

The other is Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter which I'm really enjoying. I remember buying it and COD4 with my console and played it first. As soon as I stuck COD in that was the end of it but I'm enjoying going back through it except the dame cheevs don't stack for difficulty.

In terms of TA

My best game is Fight Night Champion with 3313
    Highest TA cheev is Bench Pressing in Fight Night for 587
    Best TA Ratio is Lord of the Undead in Pinball FX 2 at 13.01

Arawn wrote: »
    is this the one where you had to execute someone from a fatal height fall, that was really simple on the last level but most tards (myself included) did it the jet pack off the big **** off building to get??

Yeah, I luckily checked out roosterteeth first:

And was able to get it, after assassinating the b*stard like 20 times :D

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Jericho.

Would anyone be up for playing through the Splinter Cell Conviction co-op campaign (On Realistic)? I still need to go through that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I finally got my "The Guild" achievement in all the Virgil commentaries in Dante's Inferno. I'd played through it a few years again, when I'd borrowed it from a friend, but was missing this achievement. Saw it going cheap as chips lately, and thought I'd pick it up for that last achievement (and a quick review), because it would be worth another playthrough. Job done! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

*Wave*

Just came across this thread, and I'm quite big into achievements altho my completion rate has gone to ****e lately.

Currently Working on so many games :(

The main 2 are:

FIFA 12
    BF3

And the side ones are:

Deus Ex
    Batman Arkham City
    SkyRim

If anyone plays BF3 feel free to give me a shout and we can play online.

My tag is Shanooo92. I'm currently working on getting to rank 45 ><

so how are ye getting on with the Gears of War 3 ribbons for the I've Done It All achievement?

I have 3 left to get:
    Trickshot - Headshot doublekill with a Torgue bow.
    I Gotcha - Revive all 4 team mates in a Horde Wave
    Team Savior - Revive 3 team mates in a Beast Wave with a Kantus

Will need help getting those, and I can help anyone with Ribbons they are stuck on too.

Also will be on for getting the Fenix Rising achievements, so gimme a shout.

I got all the ribbons over the weekend. It was fun going for them all. Most were legit in matchmaking.

• Advertisement

I got all the ribbons over the weekend. It was fun going for them all. Most were legit in matchmaking.

I'd need a lot of luck or a really bad team to get those last few legit. The rest I got just over time, playing loads, these 3 however, I never managed to get them.

I the trickshot ribbon a while ago by blind firing on dry dock :P It made me wish i had a PVR :D

I boosted those other 2 you have left, they're vitually impossible to get normally.

For the kantus one, mercy is probably the best level. If you can, get one of the Heros on a turret to down the player from a distance. Have that player behind a wall so when they get downed they don't get hurt. The best place to do it for myself and my friends was up the top of the map, by the one shot, the three of us stood against the wall, facing to the turret in the building in the right shooting at us. The turret downed us fast enough. When you're the kantus, just protect any other human from getting up to the center to finish off your friends.

For the revive 4 in a wave on horde, get 2 friends, and 2 guest, and if you have the friendly fire mutator it would make the whole thing much easier. Just down your friends and guests and revive them.

Also will be on for getting the Fenix Rising achievements, so gimme a shout.

One of the Fenix Rising achievements requires Horde 1 - 50 on any of the new maps. The highest I've gotten to in Horde was 30ish. Do you know roughly how long does 1 - 50 can take on casual?

One of the Fenix Rising achievements requires Horde 1 - 50 on any of the new maps. The highest I've gotten to in Horde was 30ish. Do you know roughly how long does 1 - 50 can take on casual?

1hr 44 mins with a good team of 5 on Azura with no mutators. Quicker with mutators no doubt.
    OR
    About 3 weeks, solo on Insane in Trenches. :pac:

Choose wisely!

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭AceCard Jones

Batman, me, the missus, Seamarse and PvtKeogh have said we're up for tomorrow night around 8ish for some Phoenix rising achievements if you're game just let us know on TA :) Can knock out some ribbons too :)

Will have a better idea tomorrow, not sure if I will be on tomorrow yet.

If i were ye, i'd got for the super reload, instagib and infinte ammo mutators, it makes life so much easier. Instagib is very each to boost. Start up a game of beast, choose wretch, get 200 kills, what i did was play until about round 3 then purposely died with one person remaining and started the game from beginning. It took me 40 min to get the 200 kills and it was great fun too.

Super reload is handy as well, you get it by getting the bronze medal with each of the starter guns.

Super reload is handy as well, you get it by getting the bronze medal with each of the starter guns.

I'd never have managed horde on insane without Super Reload and Infinite Ammo....not a hope!

Does Instagib work on large bosses, like Lambent Zerkers?

instagib works on everything except, reavers and lambent beserkers.

It's so much fun gibbing a normal beserker or even a brumak. :P

• Advertisement

1hr 44 mins with a good team of 5 on Azura with no mutators. Quicker with mutators no doubt.
    OR
    About 3 weeks, solo on Insane in Trenches. :pac:

Choose wisely!

I will select the former :)

Advertisement