Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbox 360 achievements league

Options
  • 07-04-2011 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭

was thinking of setting up a league here on boards for xbox achievements. it could run from month to month to see who gets the most gamer points each month. what do you guys think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I love achievements :)

What are you planning to use, 360 voice or something similar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

*runs to buy a batch of disney and lego games* lets do this:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

*runs to buy a batch of disney and lego games* lets do this:pac:
    Dibs on Avatar and CSI

ha ha shamefully I have avatar on mine since my housemate bought it. I thought I was too proud to put it on, turns out i wasn't.

I played Jumper: Griffins Story for 2 hours yesterday (got it for 99c) worst 2 hours of my gaming life :( also NHL 2k6 is on my card ....a 10 minute 1k :D

Also have csi , if some one wants these i'll gladly sell wink wink wink

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭AllYourBass

Perhaps incorporate a weighted average system for games? Maybe x.5 for King Kong and x2 for Super Meat Boy, or something similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,467 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Perhaps incorporate a weighted average system for games? Maybe x.5 for King Kong and x2 for Super Meat Boy, or something similar?

Set up a private leaderboard on trueachievements.com?

They rate 200/200 on Super Meat Boy as 424 in true gamer score.
    Games like Avatar are kept at 1000.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

We could use True Achievements? They weight achievements by home many people have it (out of the amount of people who have the game) e.g. Seriously 2.0 from GoW2 is a 50 point achievement, but worth 201 TA points while Score on a breakaway (Amateur) from NHL 2K6 which is also worth 50 points, is only worth 52 TA.

Edit: Mr E got there before me.

Mr E wrote: »
    Set up a private leaderboard on trueachievements.com?

They rate 200/200 on Super Meat Boy as 424 in true gamer score.
    Games like Avatar are kept at 1000.

Sounds like this baby's got wheels!

Ah TA for the win , knew about leaderboards there, but never realised we could set up a private one. Very fair system. Depressing though to see my TA score for lego star wars 3 clone wars plummet as more people play it , it was worth 4k when I finished it, now it's just over 2000 :(

This will give me the motivation I need to finally crack 100k gs and 5000 achievements won :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭da gamer

ok i will try set up a private league on true achievements and update everyone when it is ready.

ok the league has been set up on true achievements.com. the league name is boards elite league or you can post your gt here and i will add you to the league. not sure how it will work yet but we will give it a trial run for the first month and should we need to make changes we can organise it. all boards members welcome. best of luck!

Good job , add me gt: Calex dEUS

It would make things easier on you if you set the leaderboard access type to request instead of private.

Yeah, make it open to requests or something. Probably changing my Gamertag tonight, so just open it up and I'll join

ok guys league access has been changed to 'request'. for anyone who hasnt used trueachievements.com before you will have to register your gt on the site before gaining access to the league

Sure give us an aul add there. Can't make head nor tail of finding the league.

GT: G Teach

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭dor83

Requested access just now, I tend to go through spells of playing a lot and others of not playing much at all so might not always be very active. GT is dor83.

allyourbass i just sent you an invite. dor83 is there meant to be a full stop after your gt? (dor83 or dor83.) we need more people because calex deus is killing me in the league anyway!

is there prizes?? I've been neglecting my xbox since i lost live

• Advertisement

is there prizes?? I've been neglecting my xbox since i lost live

was thinking about prizes but its probably too hard to organise. ie who pays for the prize, getting the actual prize to the winner etc. but there is a bonus prize for you if you do well this month raze, we will post you a copy of medal of honor :P

da gamer wrote: »
    we need more people because calex deus is killing me in the league anyway!

I think you forgot to set the competition type to monthly on the leaderboard?

Wouldn't be much of a competition if I have a 100k head start would it :D

was thinking about prizes but its probably too hard to organise. ie who pays for the prize, getting the actual prize to the winner etc. but there is a bonus prize for you if you do well this month raze, we will post you a copy of medal of honor :P
    :D ha ha already 1000 pointed it, no good to me!!

As for prizes somebody each month posts up a selection of 3 games, the one with the most votes is the prize and sent to the winner??

:D ha ha already 1000 pointed it, no good to me!!

As for prizes somebody each month posts up a selection of 3 games, the one with the most votes is the prize and sent to the winner??

not a bad idea but i dont know how practical it is. how do we pay for it, who manages the money etc?

you don't. For example if it was me this month I'd put up 3 of the games I ownb, let members vote on which is the prize and i post it to the winner)(games cost 1.05euro to post or there abouts)

Not that difficult, depending on numbers, per monthly period we could charge a flat one off fee, lodge it into an a/c, do a poll on what game the members want, month ending fire it off to the winner. It's only 1.50 for postage anywhere in Ireland, and with 10 people at a fiver a month,that's your game and postage sorted!

calex71 wrote: »
    I think you forgot to set the competition type to monthly on the leaderboard?

Wouldn't be much of a competition if I have a 100k head start would it :D

ya i thought the same but i just went to the league settings and it is definately set to monthly, yet it seems you are top of the league with 140,921 points! dont know why that is

I'm out, in that case.

I cherish each and every one of my games :D

You guys are heartless monsters.

ya i thought the same but i just went to the league settings and it is definately set to monthly, yet it seems you are top of the league with 140,921 points! dont know why that is
    based on his current one. Take note of all gs before comp starts then you take it away from the end of the month.

• Advertisement

Healium wrote: »
    I'm out, in that case.

I cherish each and every one of my games :D

You guys are heartless monsters.
    ha ha well we could do the everyone throws in 5e route

Advertisement