Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SBR Challenge 2012 & training log links

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Can I be mid 20's too please??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

Can I be mid 20's too please??

It is the A/R/T internet forum - you can be a teenage girl if you want, BTH..:)

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Izoard wrote: »
    I'd probably draw the line at tunney and his two-piece...
    I hear the muffin top has gone and he is working the look much better these days.
    Theres a mental image that will haunt me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Teenage girl eh...........

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Imagine the disappointment of your average internet paedophile when he turns up to meet a 14 year old blonde school girl and BTH turns up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

how does the re-ordering for this happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Is the table broken? I finally got around to doing some updating and see N/A a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Fixed! And welcome Zico10 and Tunney to the challenge... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Last time I did an update I got injured so I waited until after my last race of the season to update! :D

pgibbo wrote: »
    Last time I did an update I got injured so I waited until after my last race of the season to update! :D

Nicely done then!

• Advertisement

Propose a new rule for 2013. Regular updates of your scores instead of this pgibbo ninja stuff!!

:)

Propose a new rule for 2013. Regular updates of your scores instead of this pgibbo ninja stuff!!

So I can't put mine back in at the end of the year then? :pac: I'd still be top 10 at last check.

+1 - CW and myself were enjoying an Oryx/Dory sandwich and now Gibbo appears from nowhere to spoil the party:)
    So I can't put mine back in at the end of the year then? :pac: I'd still be top 10 at last check.

I'd say a few of the top boys will need to be mindful of your mega update on 31/12....

Forgot about that! Not fair :(

I still reckon half of them must be swimming to work. Will need a 'Commute' coloum for next season.

I even stopped putting the lawn mowing down as 'other' exercise. Although in fairness the grass hasn't been cut since July.

The distances covered this year are insane. Im blowing last years attempt out of the water, and Im still 14th!

I even stopped putting the lawn mowing down as 'other' exercise. Although in fairness the grass hasn't been cut since July.

If I was to include the lawn I'd rack up a lot of miles. Half acre cut every 2 weeks with a push mower! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

If I was to include the lawn I'd rack up a lot of miles. Half acre cut every 2 weeks with a push mower! :pac:

Every 2 :eek:

How are you getting away with that, I would be divorced if it went longer than a week, sometimes i long for my tiny 2 foot x 2 foot garden when I lived in the town, used to be able to do it with a flymo and one bag fill.

Man up CW!!!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭griffin100

catweazle wrote: »
    Every 2 :eek:

How are you getting away with that, I would be divorced if it went longer than a week, sometimes i long for my tiny 2 foot x 2 foot garden when I lived in the town, used to be able to do it with a flymo and one bag fill.

I have a very large lawn - about an acre. I pay a nice man €25 a time to cut my entire lawn and strim all the edges every couple of weeks in the summer. In the long run it saves grief from the wife (if the lawn is overgrown it's his fault not mine ;)) and at a couple of hundred euros a year it's a lot feckin cheaper than buying a ride on mower.

Cheapest I could get is €50 so fcuk that. Does your guy travel west??? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

You need a tractor to mow your lawn FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Next door neighbours get theirs cut usually every second tuesday - they were out there earlier but gone now. Will ask them the next time I see them, they might cut you a deal seeing as they are out here already.

2 hours of aerobic exercise with a walk behind mower, even disconnected the drive wheels to add intensity to the workout. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Shell to Run

I have been so lazy sine Galway. One cycle and two runs in almost two weeks. I have not been keeping a training diary and basically have zero motivation. My gym crazed son has introduced a new healthy eating plan into the house so at least I am not suffering on the weight front. I would really like to spend the next couple of months challenging my fitness in a different way but at the same time I want it to benefit my tri performance. Any ideas/suggestions very welcome. Going to give cross country/hill running a blast. The thought of turbo and swim pool just makes me wanna cry. Felt great after Galway, have been contemplating the full distance but still undecided. The only constructive thing tri wise at the moment is the purchase of TT bike. I have narrowed the search down to two. Decisions dcisions!!

I have been so lazy sine Galway. One cycle and two runs in almost two weeks. I have not been keeping a training diary and basically have zero motivation. My gym crazed son has introduced a new healthy eating plan into the house so at least I am not suffering on the weight front. I would really like to spend the next couple of months challenging my fitness in a different way but at the same time I want it to benefit my tri performance. Any ideas/suggestions very welcome. Going to give cross country/hill running a blast. The thought of turbo and swim pool just makes me wanna cry. Felt great after Galway, have been contemplating the full distance but still undecided. The only constructive thing tri wise at the moment is the purchase of TT bike. I have narrowed the search down to two. Decisions dcisions!!
    1. You havent been lazy. Its called recovery. It is necessary.
    2. You need an off season or youll burn out.
    3. Dont make a decision on long distance while you feel like you want to cry when you think of turbo. You need to feel ready and motivated for it.

What I usually do in the winter is enter some crazy mud run (Hell and Back January most likely next year) because it takes the focus off the swim/bike/run obsession. Hill running is certainly good and will make you very strong.

+1 what Oryx said. Hill running is the most fun I had last winter and intend to do more of it this winter. I'm also going to largely ditch the turbo for some mountain biking, its tough enough to still benefit tri but infinitely more fun.

Embrace mud and have fun :D

Smashing the swim gold!

Perfect prep for eh, pacing DCM on Monday....

First to 3 Golds! Whoop :D

Just totted mine up for numbers to the end of Octoboer to check where I'd be, usually do it at the end of every month and ah lads, seriously, I hope you've all stopped updating too. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

First to 3 Golds! Whoop :D

Well feck you, about 3 days before i do:D

Advertisement