Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SBR Challenge 2012 & training log links

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Izoard

For the past 2 years, I think I've been 2nd & 3rd in the SBR - this year I sit at a lofty 12th position.

You kids are going crazy....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Izoard wrote: »

You kids are going crazy....

Says the man who did Conn Ultra, Ubu Dhabi LD and Donadea Ultra in he space of 6 weeks ;)

Challenge ranking now updated folks, sorry for delaying so long. Izoard you are up to 9th... not all bad Chief :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

Fazz wrote: »
    I'm guessing Dory Dory is a 25-30k a week swimmer when up and running then?

If so then 160k to claw back... So mid July maybe?
    Second week of July I'll go with..

Oh and Dory Dory, none of this 1 yard = 1 metre American nonsense ok?? :D

Hey DD.

Have you been slacking or what?? :D:p
    I had been expecting to get lapped in the pool by now but you must be in another lane caught in traffic or something :pac:

Is the whole conversion thing just not working out? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Hey DD.

I had been expecting to get lapped in the pool by now but you must be in another lane caught in traffic or something :pac:

Hi Fazz! :) So sweet of you to check in on me. Yep, been a little busy with spa days and my bridge club and getting lost on the interstate all the time(fecking ejit hasn't even been reading my log ;)) that I've little time for training. But, boy howdy have you been rolling like a freight train racking up the laps (which begs the question, is he really that bad of a swimmer to need this much practice? ;);)) which is so awesome for you. I haven't logged in my massive Irish Sea swim I did with Interested yet - still working out the math actually.....but if you're as good with addition and subtraction as you are in the water, then perhaps you'll help a conversion-damsel-in-distress (my arse! ;););)) with some creative calculating. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

Dory Dory wrote: »
    Hey DD.

Hi Fazz! :) So sweet of you to check in on me. Yep, been a little busy with spa days and my bridge club and getting lost on the interstate all the time[SIZE="1"](fecking ejit hasn't even been reading my log ;))[/SIZE] that I've little time for training. But, boy howdy have you been rolling like a freight train racking up the laps [SIZE="1"](which begs the question, is he really that bad of a swimmer to need this much practice? ;);))[/SIZE] which is so awesome for you. I haven't logged in my massive Irish Sea swim I did with Interested yet - still working out the math actually.....but if you're as good with addition and subtraction as you are in the water, then perhaps you'll help a conversion-damsel-in-distress [SIZE="1"](my arse! ;););))[/SIZE] with some creative calculating. :D

I'm afraid yes I need every length and every session of my current swim volume!
    I'm less than 2 years doing front crawl and it's actually only 3 swims a week plus the odd race/ow so doesn't feel too much.
    Learning more each week and feel progress so certainly won't tail off until races are over.

Only really got a few more weeks of it though so once you log your irish swim and get out of the spa's you'll have no bother ;)

I'll give you another 8 weeks to climb the rankings before checking back in so :D:p

Says the man who did Conn Ultra, Ubu Dhabi LD and Donadea Ultra in he space of 6 weeks ;)

Challenge ranking now updated folks, sorry for delaying so long. Izoard you are up to 9th... not all bad Chief :)

My cunning plan to sneak up on a few post-(H)IM victims, is not really paying off...I was hoping the likes of Oryx and catweazle would disappear for a couple of months - too much enthusiasm if you ask me...

If it wasn't for you pesky kids.....:)

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

My cunning plan to sneak up on a few post-(H)IM victims, is not really paying off...I was hoping the likes of Oryx and catweazle would disappear for a couple of months - too much enthusiasm if you ask me...

If it wasn't for you pesky kids.....:)
    I think I'm probably older than you, but I'll take that!

Oryx wrote: »
    I think I'm probably older than you, but I'll take that!

In my mind, you are mid 20's....

In my mind, you are mid 20's....
    In my mind I'm mid 20's too. :D

But everyone on the sbr is sexeh. :p

• Advertisement

Oryx wrote: »
    In my mind I'm mid 20's too. :D

But everyone on the sbr is sexeh. :p

I'd probably draw the line at tunney and his two-piece...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Can I be mid 20's too please??

Can I be mid 20's too please??

It is the A/R/T internet forum - you can be a teenage girl if you want, BTH..:)

I'd probably draw the line at tunney and his two-piece...
    I hear the muffin top has gone and he is working the look much better these days.
    Theres a mental image that will haunt me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Teenage girl eh...........

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Imagine the disappointment of your average internet paedophile when he turns up to meet a 14 year old blonde school girl and BTH turns up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭tunney

how does the re-ordering for this happen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Is the table broken? I finally got around to doing some updating and see N/A a lot.

Fixed! And welcome Zico10 and Tunney to the challenge... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Last time I did an update I got injured so I waited until after my last race of the season to update! :D

pgibbo wrote: »
    Last time I did an update I got injured so I waited until after my last race of the season to update! :D

Nicely done then!

• Advertisement

Propose a new rule for 2013. Regular updates of your scores instead of this pgibbo ninja stuff!!

:)

Propose a new rule for 2013. Regular updates of your scores instead of this pgibbo ninja stuff!!

So I can't put mine back in at the end of the year then? :pac: I'd still be top 10 at last check.

+1 - CW and myself were enjoying an Oryx/Dory sandwich and now Gibbo appears from nowhere to spoil the party:)
    So I can't put mine back in at the end of the year then? :pac: I'd still be top 10 at last check.

I'd say a few of the top boys will need to be mindful of your mega update on 31/12....

Forgot about that! Not fair :(

I still reckon half of them must be swimming to work. Will need a 'Commute' coloum for next season.

I even stopped putting the lawn mowing down as 'other' exercise. Although in fairness the grass hasn't been cut since July.

The distances covered this year are insane. Im blowing last years attempt out of the water, and Im still 14th!

I even stopped putting the lawn mowing down as 'other' exercise. Although in fairness the grass hasn't been cut since July.

If I was to include the lawn I'd rack up a lot of miles. Half acre cut every 2 weeks with a push mower! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

If I was to include the lawn I'd rack up a lot of miles. Half acre cut every 2 weeks with a push mower! :pac:

Every 2 :eek:

How are you getting away with that, I would be divorced if it went longer than a week, sometimes i long for my tiny 2 foot x 2 foot garden when I lived in the town, used to be able to do it with a flymo and one bag fill.

Man up CW!!!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭griffin100

catweazle wrote: »
    Every 2 :eek:

How are you getting away with that, I would be divorced if it went longer than a week, sometimes i long for my tiny 2 foot x 2 foot garden when I lived in the town, used to be able to do it with a flymo and one bag fill.

I have a very large lawn - about an acre. I pay a nice man €25 a time to cut my entire lawn and strim all the edges every couple of weeks in the summer. In the long run it saves grief from the wife (if the lawn is overgrown it's his fault not mine ;)) and at a couple of hundred euros a year it's a lot feckin cheaper than buying a ride on mower.

Cheapest I could get is €50 so fcuk that. Does your guy travel west??? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭tunney

You need a tractor to mow your lawn FFS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Next door neighbours get theirs cut usually every second tuesday - they were out there earlier but gone now. Will ask them the next time I see them, they might cut you a deal seeing as they are out here already.

2 hours of aerobic exercise with a walk behind mower, even disconnected the drive wheels to add intensity to the workout. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Shell to Run

I have been so lazy sine Galway. One cycle and two runs in almost two weeks. I have not been keeping a training diary and basically have zero motivation. My gym crazed son has introduced a new healthy eating plan into the house so at least I am not suffering on the weight front. I would really like to spend the next couple of months challenging my fitness in a different way but at the same time I want it to benefit my tri performance. Any ideas/suggestions very welcome. Going to give cross country/hill running a blast. The thought of turbo and swim pool just makes me wanna cry. Felt great after Galway, have been contemplating the full distance but still undecided. The only constructive thing tri wise at the moment is the purchase of TT bike. I have narrowed the search down to two. Decisions dcisions!!

I have been so lazy sine Galway. One cycle and two runs in almost two weeks. I have not been keeping a training diary and basically have zero motivation. My gym crazed son has introduced a new healthy eating plan into the house so at least I am not suffering on the weight front. I would really like to spend the next couple of months challenging my fitness in a different way but at the same time I want it to benefit my tri performance. Any ideas/suggestions very welcome. Going to give cross country/hill running a blast. The thought of turbo and swim pool just makes me wanna cry. Felt great after Galway, have been contemplating the full distance but still undecided. The only constructive thing tri wise at the moment is the purchase of TT bike. I have narrowed the search down to two. Decisions dcisions!!
    1. You havent been lazy. Its called recovery. It is necessary.
    2. You need an off season or youll burn out.
    3. Dont make a decision on long distance while you feel like you want to cry when you think of turbo. You need to feel ready and motivated for it.

What I usually do in the winter is enter some crazy mud run (Hell and Back January most likely next year) because it takes the focus off the swim/bike/run obsession. Hill running is certainly good and will make you very strong.

+1 what Oryx said. Hill running is the most fun I had last winter and intend to do more of it this winter. I'm also going to largely ditch the turbo for some mountain biking, its tough enough to still benefit tri but infinitely more fun.

Embrace mud and have fun :D

Smashing the swim gold!

Perfect prep for eh, pacing DCM on Monday....

First to 3 Golds! Whoop :D

Just totted mine up for numbers to the end of Octoboer to check where I'd be, usually do it at the end of every month and ah lads, seriously, I hope you've all stopped updating too. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

First to 3 Golds! Whoop :D

Well feck you, about 3 days before i do:D

Well feck you, about 3 days before i do:D

Ah but you will have the last laugh I'm sure ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Let there be gold

Jaysus, dunno what I did there, it's not including me. Just thought I'd play for a day or two! :pac:

That's better. Just to confirm, everyone has seen my 3 golds right?

Jaysus, dunno what I did there, it's not including me. Just thought I'd play for a day or two! :pac:
    Fixed that for you.

Ooh dislodged Fazz ... Lead hoochie... cunning move. Well done on 3 Golds!!

• Advertisement

That's better. Just to confirm, everyone has seen my 3 golds right?

Oh so you're back in now ?

*Cards marked for 2013 SBR.
    :D

Good job on the Golds. Smashing considering the niggles you've had.

Oh so you're back in now ?

*Cards marked for 2013 SBR.
    :D

Good job on the Golds. Smashing considering the niggles you've had.

After the weekends cycling I won't be back on the bike for a proper long spin until February. So you can get a mighty head start there.

Since 2013 SBR has been mentioned already I will unsticky this in a few weeks to get chat rolling about the 2013 SBR format.

Lots of targets rolling in the last 2 weeks, great stuff folks! A lot more green and golds on the board this year than the last 2 years :D

Can anyone catch JB? Does Fazz have some run miles to log to make it a tight run in. I think its Zico vs JB. Zico, if the swimming is kept up after Phuket. :D

Got to hand it to the hoochies, really mixing it up. Just wonder if DD can close the gap on RQ :pac:

Thread unstickied. Last 5 weeks to get the kms in. Log them before 31.12.12 00:00 as anything logged after that for 2012 won't count. I've been harsh the last 2 challenges and will be again this year ;)

We could incorporate the confession box into the 2013 challenge? Log the crap calories you consume. Negative metric muffin man column :pac: so you may log the most SBR kms but the ill discipline in the kitchen will put olive oil on the ladder rungs! Ha, an uber healthy newbie doing a first sprint tri could do quite well :o

Any other fun metrics we could log ?! Just how geeky can this get?!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭El Director

Finally got green run :rolleyes::)

• Advertisement
Advertisement