Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SBR Challenge 2012 & training log links

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

Bambaata wrote: »
    First sea swim of the year today. Actually very nice. Feet were very cold getting in but no other part felt too cold. Stayed in for just 12mins or so and felt great. I did however get me of of the blue seventy neoprene hats and it made a hell of a difference. Head was grand and warm. I also get horrible ear aches and it solved it. Nice 700m or so. Bloody lashed while i was getting changed! That was the coldest part

Where dude?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

First ow sessions here as well, 45mins but slightly warmer conditions ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Where dude?

Noth Bull Wall. Here - http://g.co/maps/bw4c5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

Update - Jackyback takes over at the top! :D well done man!
    And shotgunmcos isn't far behind moving up alongside also.

About time the ironman lads started taking over :)

I'm heading into race kick offs now (& less volume) so won't be putting up any fight! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Fazz wrote: »
    I'm heading into race kick offs now (& less volume) so won't be putting up any fight! :D
    Except in racing... where it counts!

• Advertisement

Short lived:) All about backing it up come race day!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Just adding my first ever open water swim. Well maybe not an actual swim, more of an out of control float, flounder and all out terror-filled 10mins in a freezing lake:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Jesus Fazz just had a look at that table. Not far off two golds at the start of May. :eek:

Jesus Fazz just had a look at that table. Not far off two golds at the start of May. :eek:

Cheers. Yeah longest swim day today for me - 2 sessions and 5.55k.
    Swam better today than yesterday :rolleyes::o
    Day off tomorrow thankfully.

2nd gold won't be till nearer end of month though. And before run green!

You gonna get back on the train then?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Nope. I glance in at it from time to time to see where I would be if I was still playing. Always shocked to see I'd still be in the top ten. :) I'm just giving everyone else a chance to shine and enjoy the top end of the table.

Nearing my third green though :cool: Will probably be closer to the end of the month as well, still need to play with my bike a LOT more.

• Advertisement

Well done on the first Gold Fazz!! Quite a slew of green targets coming in the last few days too. Biggest movers Oryx and Bennymul...

In case anyone didn't know, Hoochiedoubledee aka Dory Dory now has access to a pool! Predictions on how long it will take her to catch Fazz? :pac:

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Well done on the first Gold Fazz!! Quite a slew of green targets coming in the last few days too. Biggest movers Oryx and Bennymul...

In case anyone didn't know, Hoochiedoubledee aka Dory Dory now has access to a pool! Predictions on how long it will take her to catch Fazz? :pac:
    Two weeks once the water reaches a mild simmer.

I'm guessing Dory Dory is a 25-30k a week swimmer when up and running then?

If so then 160k to claw back... So mid July maybe?
    Second week of July I'll go with..

Oh and Dory Dory, none of this 1 yard = 1 metre American nonsense ok?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Oryx wrote: »
    Two weeks once the water reaches a mild simmer.

The heater is cranked to the tropical setting and I should be reaching Gold Status with the electric company sooner than I care to.
    Fazz wrote: »
    I'm guessing Dory Dory is a 25-30k a week swimmer when up and running then?

If so then 160k to claw back... So mid July maybe?
    Second week of July I'll go with..

Oh and Dory Dory, none of this 1 yard = 1 metre American nonsense ok?? :D

Why Fazz, you mean they're not the same?? ;) Yeah, yeah....I think I learned that particular conversion at age 6 when I joined my first swim team. :D;)

First sea swim (second attempt :) ) done this am.
    Saturday's was abandoned after maybe 1-2mins in! Baltic!

Freezing first few mins, once you get over the face/hand/feet freeze it was actually quite nice.

Prob get another in this week and looking forward to Valentia now!

I was supposed to ow swim tonight but no way in hell. :) Wednesday it will have to be for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Oryx wrote: »
    I was supposed to ow swim tonight but no way in hell. :) Wednesday it will have to be for me.

What??!! Too cold for you?? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

My smash and grab attempt at the cycling number1 spot;

http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/?o=1&doc_id=10538&v=5c

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭interested

zico10 wrote: »

Quality, safe trip champ.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Thanks for the link Zico. Safe travels!

• Advertisement

+1 Safe Travels Zico

BTW folks, the challenge overall rank has been updated. Got to say the hoochies are putting it down. Oryx moving steady and I think Dory Dory has BTH in sight :D

Anyone notice Ryath's healthy jump up the table, well done on the cyling green :)

JB is kicking into IM gear no though and should be the first to secure 3 greens next week...

Others are lying in the long grass....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

+1 Safe Travels Zico

BTW folks, the challenge overall rank has been updated. Got to say the hoochies are putting it down. Oryx moving steady and I think Dory Dory has BTH in sight :D

Anyone notice Ryath's healthy jump up the table, well done on the cyling green :)

JB is kicking into IM gear no though and should be the first to secure 3 greens next week...

Others are lying in the long grass....

Haven't updated in a while. Must do that now.

Edit: Update done, a bit more daylight, but I believe DD will be hitting the third green long before I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Enjoyable read Zico + I am green with envy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Looks class zico. Safe travels

zico10 wrote: »

Quality! Go for it!

So while I'm sitting on the turbo tomorrow night you'll be cruisin across Thailand in tropical weather deciding whether to stop at the next island as theres a full moon party or to continue on... :D

Enjoy it :D

Finally a green for the run, that took a while!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭griffin100

Yeah, my first green for the run :cool: That's more running this year already than I did in the 30 weeks leading up to my first IM.

Me thinks a swim and bike green may be some way off................

Welcome to the SBR challenge fionn_mac and straight in with a swim green too.

2 golds up on the board, well done Fazz and Zico10

Good to have Griffin and Izoard around again... missed the jokers. JB and BTH have really tried to provide levity but without interested we'd be doomed to numbers and splits and numbers and stats and numbers and splits

I'm sure everyone is noticing Dory Dory's metoeric rise up the swim column. Can she catch Fazz.. thats the question!

21 people have now bagged a target of sorts.. great stuff!

ou est Deepop and Shell to Run :confused:

train smart and race hard folks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Shell to Run

Je suis toujours ici ;).
    Minor setback with injuries, more niggles really so have been minding myself. On saying that I have been doing more specific training for a few sprint tris which I am targeting in the summer. Have done a number of road races including 8km, 10km and half marathon. Very consistent results, felt strong throughout, granted no PBs but I know I am on track. Bike wise have done a number of TT and have a new PB for myself at last. Lots of OW swims and generally not putting any pressure on myself to do miles but to target key sessions and this seems to be paying off. Continuing with Pilates every week and lots of stretching.
    I am so impressed with the training being done by SBR crew. In particular the amount of swimming been achieved. I swim at least twice a week but am obviously a lazy git!!:D Lesson learned. Thanks Shotgunmcos for all encouragement. Ur flying it in training. Off work for the day so going to treat myself to a nice sunny ten mile run. Make hay while the sun shines - enjoy.

• Advertisement

The artist formerly known as Deepop has left the building.

But I'm sure his spirit lingers on around here somewhere. ;)

Lots of greens all over that chart alright. Man, were good. :p

Advertisement