Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SBR Challenge 2012 & training log links

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Connemara Half done in 1:42:02, time to start swimming and cycling!

Next up is the Great Ireland 10K and then a cycling holiday in Italy before Humbert in July.

Lots of work...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

Is there a way to see when was the last time you entered some data? I’ve no idea when I last updated the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

nerraw1111 wrote: »
    Is there a way to see when was the last time you entered some data? I’ve no idea when I last updated the table.

not sure to be honest. can you just enter your updated numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

After missing the best part of 2 weeks with flu and headcold I'm chuffed to be back doing a bit this week. Suprised I didn't lose more places on the table, only Down 1, has everyone been sick or just not updating?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Did I just see a smiley headed Fazz running down the N11 wearing a ridiulous looking hat??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

Did I just see a smiley headed Fazz running down the N11 wearing a ridiulous looking hat??

:D Guilty!

I was on a high from nailing a decent Brick session.
    The hat was a green carlsberg freebie that's too loose and the wind was blowing it off my head :)

Good luck at Ashford!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

2 greens in one week:)

2 greens in one week:)

I saw you were close earlier and was just about to post up what are you waiting for :confused::D

Good work out of you. And still Sunday and BH Monday to start next week to go.

Gotta love the long weekends!

Fazz wrote: »
    I saw you were close earlier and was just about to post up what are you waiting for :confused::D

Good work out of you. And still Sunday and BH Monday to start next week to go.

Gotta love the long weekends!

Cheers Fazz, i normally work bank holidays and good friday but taking the 4 days out this time allowed some additional time on the bike. You are putting savage work in yourself.

Cheers Fazz, i normally work bank holidays and good friday but taking the 4 days out this time allowed some additional time on the bike. You are putting savage work in yourself.

Yeah going pretty well but we'll find out soon enough thankfully.
    All this guessing and numbers are meaningless - Race day or bust.
    Sportsman Duathlon next Sunday and I can't wait.
    After that it's first Tri of the season at Joey.

Be interesting to see how we all stack up in race performances relative to the SBR. It may have no meaning whatsoever, or just some we shall see.
    We all know volume isn't the important part, but for some of us it helps :)

• Advertisement

Yeah going pretty well but we'll find out soon enough thankfully.
    All this guessing and numbers are meaningless - Race day or bust.
    Sportsman Duathlon next Sunday and I can't wait.
    After that it's first Tri of the season at Joey.

Be interesting to see how we all stack up in race performances relative to the SBR. It may have no meaning whatsoever, or just some we shall see.
    We all know volume isn't the important part, but for some of us it helps :)

See you at the Sportsman so as i am racing there myself. Quality over quantity every day of the week!!

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Race performance for me will be, as ever, mediocre. But I'm hoping it will be slightly less mediocre than before. :) See you guys in Limerick!

See you at the Sportsman so as i am racing there myself. Quality over quantity every day of the week!!

Agreed. Good stuff hopefully be a few more there too from here?
    Reckon it should be stacked as a week before burnfoot so nice for a smash.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

My first ever SBR green......100k of solid swim sets...onwards and upwards :)

My first ever SBR green......100k of solid swim sets...onwards and upwards :)

Awesome. Now onto that Bike first thing in the morning :D

Hope you've an injury free training from here on in man.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Ill be swim green on Thursday! Thanks for the cike update Fazz, i thought i was making headway :)

Bambaata wrote: »
    Ill be swim green on Thursday! Thanks for the cike update Fazz, i thought i was making headway :)

You are closing alright that's for sure, though I had a low bike week last week.
    I'll be keepin you honest for the next few weeks build don't worry ;)

I could say the same back to you regarding run update!
    :D
    Few of us pretty close and hovering..

The real questions have to go to the IM lads... Getting their asses kicked on the bike by the HIM crew!! What's up with that? :):D

You'll be riding off into the sunset now. Im in a recovery week and only 3.5 weeks to main race so taper to come. Running will also be down in the coming weeks. Had a few 55+ running weeks with few missed sessions so thats prob why ive made headway there. Needless to say that wont be maintained over the coming weeks either as i get closer to D-day

Bambaata wrote: »
    You'll be riding off into the sunset now. Im in a recovery week and only 3.5 weeks to main race so taper to come. Running will also be down in the coming weeks. Had a few 55+ running weeks with few missed sessions so thats prob why ive made headway there. Needless to say that wont be maintained over the coming weeks either as i get closer to D-day

Speaking of Mallorca 70.3...

Think I read Owen Cummins is racing it?

I'd say it'll be nice to have main race done early then just have fun after that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

Logging my first ever turbo KMs. New found respect for anyone who has ever done a long turbo :o

• Advertisement

The real questions have to go to the IM lads... Getting their asses kicked on the bike by the HIM crew!! What's up with that? :):D

Quit the junk mileage this year :p

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭KentuckyPete

Green for running!

Hard-earned - the kms that put me over the 1000 mark were completed in the furnace that was the Boston Marathon on Monday.

34 degrees C - I hope nobody here ever has to race in those conditions

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Congrats on the green, KentuckyPete. Well done. Do you have a race report for Boston??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Green for running!

Hard-earned - the kms that put me over the 1000 mark were completed in the furnace that was the Boston Marathon on Monday.

34 degrees C - I hope nobody here ever has to race in those conditions

Fair play, I think running in those conditions to get a green should entitle you to a Degree from University of HTFU :)

Hi Folks,

Just updated the overall rank there. Surprising how little movement in 5 weeks actually apart from the green target flying in.

Well done to KentuckyPete for hitting the first run green during the Boston Marathon, Chapeau :)

Next up Bambaata in the swim green and hoochiedoubledee for the second run green.

Fazz must be no more than 3-4 swims from the first Gold... picking up where interested left off :cool:

Fazz must be no more than 3-4 swims from the first Gold... picking up where interested left off :cool:

Do I just stop training when I hit the Gold is it?
    And focus on the other ones instead LOL :)
    Ha 20k in 3-4 swims :D
    Not quite...

It might be close on hitting it at Joey though.
    If not then soon after...

That and bike 2 are within a few weeks, but run 1 is still miles off... Literally :D
    I'll leave that to you Ironmen and Marathon Brave Folk.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

Delighted with a move up of 6 places myself and now only Dory Dory ahead of me in the battle of Olympic distance athletes......really hoping she will ease off after her marathon effort, surely another few weeks easy is called for...surely....right?? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Delighted with a move up of 6 places myself and now only Dory Dory ahead of me in the battle of Olympic distance athletes......really hoping she will ease off after her marathon effort, surely another few weeks easy is called for...surely....right?? ;)

Bad news, El D....with my pool opening in a week (and me in it as soon as chemicals stabilize and temp warms up (I have a heater)), I plan on picking off as many of you lads as I can and move my lil self up the SBR ladder. ;) (of course my bike may suffer a bit from the extra time in the pool, but I gotta make swimming hay while the sun shines!)

Oh, and green for me in the run tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

Dory Dory wrote: »
    Bad news, El D....with my pool opening in a week (and me in it as soon as chemicals stabilize and temp warms up (I have a heater)), I plan on picking off as many of you lads as I can and move my lil self up the SBR ladder. ;) (of course my bike may suffer a bit from the extra time in the pool, but I gotta make swimming hay while the sun shines!)

Oh, and green for me in the run tonight.

Gulp :o

• Advertisement

First sea swim of the year today. Actually very nice. Feet were very cold getting in but no other part felt too cold. Stayed in for just 12mins or so and felt great. I did however get me of of the blue seventy neoprene hats and it made a hell of a difference. Head was grand and warm. I also get horrible ear aches and it solved it. Nice 700m or so. Bloody lashed while i was getting changed! That was the coldest part

Advertisement