Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hip-Hop 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Funny thing is, I don't hate most of the artists featured.

Game - I liked the Red album, I like some of his recent stuff but it's a shrinking percentage.
    Wiz - Used to be a big fan, even up to Taylor Alderdice I was liking it, but recently (since he's best mates with Juicy J now I think) I can't keep listening about the racks the throws in the club, or the loud weed he smokes, when it's on a nearly identical beat every time. Has to be the laziest rapper around now, and his mixtapes before his first album were brilliant.
    Wayne - Jesus.... I used to be a HUGE fan, I'd say up to 2010 I liked damn near every track he was on, but honestly, around Carter IV and up to now, it's just like he isn't even trying anymore. Coupled with the ****tiest beat selection of any rapper, I can't tolerate him now. I don't even bother listening when a new track comes out. He used to rap over hip-hop beats, now he just doesn't, it's all obnoxious noisey techno. I know this has been going on for longer than I've been aware but in the past year I've kind of gone "Yeah... I actually really don't like anything Lil' Wayne has done since No Ceilings.
    Tyga - As bog standard as rappers come, still comes out with the odd catchy tune ala Rack City.
    Chris Brown - Nah.

So I would see the title and featured artists and think "Alright, let's see..." but it doesn't really offer anything.

Never liked the track (truth be told I think I've listened to it 3-4 times max since it was released in the Summer) but it's not as if Game can release singles like he did in 2004-2006 and expect them to get noticed. Gangsta rap isn't popular now, nobody is looking to hear it. I don't like the way it's gotten but I'm hardly surprised that Game has resorted to changing his style and getting so many guest features because that's just the way the industry is now.

As for the Wiz feature, I vaguely remember someone asking Game in an interview a while back, he said something along the lines of Wiz was in the studio with him one night and the track was finished, Wiz was listening to it knew it was finished but he more or less insisted that he be on it so he did a few bars at the end. Something like that anyway.

Game's got a new album coming next month, I suppose I know what to expect - nothing too special or different but hopefully 4-5 good tracks. He's got tracks produced by Dre and Premier and another one featuring J.Cole so looking forward to hearing those anyway. Won't be comparing it to his first couple of albums though, if you do that then you're bound to be disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Yeah, I look forward to the 3 tracks I'll like off Game's upcoming album.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Prettyboy game has always relied on other artists its nothing new. Every single one of his albums are riddled with features, it's tiresome. He jumps on the bandwagon of whoevers hot ATM and tries to either jack there style or ride their wave.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Prettyboy game has always relied on other artists its nothing new. Every single one of his albums are riddled with features, it's tiresome. He jumps on the bandwagon of whoevers hot ATM and tries to either jack there style or ride their wave.

That argument has been done to death at this stage. Do we really have to go down that road again and potentially ruin a brilliantly informative thread?

Relax there man.

The Documentary singles - 2 solo, 2 with 50 (mainly because they were trying to push the G-Unit/modern NWA concept).
    Doctors Advocate singles - 2 solo, 1 with Kanye West

Like I said, the way he was between 2004-2006. Get your facts straight in future son.

• Advertisement

PrettyBoy wrote: »

Relax there man.

The Documentary singles - 2 solo, 2 with 50 (mainly because they were trying to push the G-Unit/modern NWA concept).
    Doctors Advocate singles - 2 solo, 1 with Kanye West

Like I said, the way he was between 2004-2006. Get your facts straight in future son.

Son ? Face palm yourself .. Stop lying prettyboy this is why I picked you up on it.

Westside story ft 50, how we do ft 50, hate it or love it ft 50... Not too mention 50 wrote half the album. Dreams although credited with no feature has a feature watch the video and listen to the hook. Put you on the game fts timbaland on the chorus despite him not being credited.

One blood ft junior Reid, wouldn't get far ft kanye , strip club = a miracle.

Lax... Dope boyz ft Travis barker, my life ft kelisha cole, camera phone ft ne-yo, my life ft Wayne

Red album... Red nation ft Wayne .. Martians v goblins ft Wayne, Tyler.. The city ft Kendrick

Now please tell me where's the 2 solo singles from doc advocate are and the 2 solos from the doc? I'm not going to even bother counting the features on his albums altogether because he's only done a handful of songs himself son :D.

Westside story ft 50, how we do ft 50, hate it or love it ft 50... Not too mention 50 wrote half the album. Dreams although credited with no feature has a feature watch the video and listen to the hook. Put you on the game fts timbaland on the chorus despite him not being credited.
    Are you for real?? 'Dreams' samples a track by a guy named Jerry Butler, it is not a featured guest you desperate little man. If that's what you consider a guest feature then Tupac's 'Death Around The Corner' and 50' 'New Day' should both say "featuring Robert De Niro". Jesus Christ it's like talking to a mentally impaired child with you.

Timbaland did backing vocals on 'Put You On The Game' - if you counted every backing vocalist on the album as a featured guest you'd have a list as long as your arm.

I was only counting official singles - if you want to count all the singles including 'Westside Story' then you should count 'Higher' too, that's a solo track ....oh no, wait - Snoop Dogg can be heard saying the "Westside" in the middle of the track and Dre has a line that goes "Look out for Detox" - Game really did rely on Dre and Snoop for that one :rolleyes:
    One blood ft junior Reid, wouldn't get far ft kanye , strip club = a miracle.
    The Junior Reid part was originally a sample taken straight from his song 'One Blood' but he appeared in the video so whatever you say.. :rolleyes:
    Lax... Dope boyz ft Travis barker
    Dope Boyz featuring Travis Barker on the drums...that's like saying DJ Premier is a featured guest on 'Born In The Trap' because he scratches at the end of the record.
    Red album... Red nation ft Wayne .. Martians v goblins ft Wayne, Tyler.. The city ft Kendrick
    You forgot Pot Of Gold ft. Chris Brown

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Although PrettyBoy may have explained himself in a pretty harsh tone, he's correct about Game's earlier shít, you couldn't say Timbo was a feature etc.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Enough of this Game-v-50 Cent-v-Dre-v-Eminem-V-PrettyBoy-v-mufcboy1999vWhoEverElse bullsh*t that keeps resurfacing on this forum.

This is the Hip Hop 2012 thread. Lets keep it at that. Infractions will be issued from this point forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

50centmylife.jpg
    50 Cent is still a force in hip-hop. While fans patiently wait for his upcoming album, Street King Immortal, he is preparing to drop his upcoming single. Featuring mentor Eminem and Adam Levine, “My Life” is slated for a November 27 release on iTunes. A video was already shot in Detroit by director Rich Lee. Check out the single artwork above and watch out for the album due out in early 2013.
    I]via [URL="http://www.rap-up.com/2012/11/14/50-cent-enlists-eminem-and-adam-levine-for-new-single-my-life/"]Rap-Up[/URL][/I][U[/U]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Has anyone listened to the new Sean Price album yet?

I was really looking forward to it but I have to admit that I was slightly underwhelmed by it. My main problem is with the production. P usually has a great ear for a beat and even thought he has the likes of Alchemist, 9th Wonder, Khrysis & Evidence on board, the beats feel alittle bland on this album.

In saying that it has grown on me since I first heard it so maybe if I give it another few spins I might warm to it more.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Raekwon wrote: »

I was really looking forward to it but I have to admit that I was slightly underwhelmed by it. My main problem is with the production. P usually has a great ear for a beat and even thought he has the likes of Alchemist, 9th Wonder, Khrysis & Evidence on board, the beats feel alittle bland on this album.

In saying that it has grown on me since I first heard it so maybe if I give it another few spins I might warm to it more.

Bit of a let down from the years of hype and waiting. And I get mightily annoyed with his trademark 'P' thing that he does.
    Needs a few more listens though as he does have some great little quips and methaphors going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

Raekwon wrote: »

Just checked out snippets on iTunes. Didn't feel it - again the production didn't do anything for me. All sounded very flat.

Listening to the new Roc Marciano at the minute. Using spotify to try it out and vice versa.

I like it, but similar to Marcberg I didn't think I could listen to the whole album in one sitting. The flow is too repetitive and the beats all have a similar dark vibe. It's definitely head phone music, for dark winter nights.

floggg wrote: »
    Just checked out snippets on iTunes. Didn't feel it - again the production didn't do anything for me. All sounded very flat.

Listening to the new Roc Marciano at the minute. Using spotify to try it out and vice versa.

I like it, but similar to Marcberg I didn't think I could listen to the whole album in one sitting. The flow is too repetitive and the beats all have a similar dark vibe. It's definitely head phone music, for dark winter nights.

SNAP, i'm listening to Roc Marciano as well at the moment. But you've nailed it, difficult for one sitting, but still real good at the same time.

Much the same as his buddy Ka's Grief Pedigree album from last year. Excellent individual songs, but a chore to listen to a full album in one sitting.

The Murs and 9thWonder album sounds decent, more impressive than the Murs & Fashawn album. Have to give it a few more listens.

I've also checked out the MHz album. Some absolute bangers on it. but then some really uninspired moments.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

Boom_Bap wrote: »

SNAP, i'm listening to Roc Marciano as well at the moment. But you've nailed it, difficult for one sitting, but still real good at the same time.

Much the same as his buddy Ka's Grief Pedigree album from last year. Excellent individual songs, but a chore to listen to a full album in one sitting.

The Murs and 9thWonder album sounds decent, more impressive than the Murs & Fashawn album. Have to give it a few more listens.

I've also checked out the MHz album. Some absolute bangers on it. but then some really uninspired moments.

Gave Murs and 9th a spin just after I finished posting that!

The first two albums are two of my favourite hip-hop albums, but started to get a bit bored of the 9th Wonder sound. He never really switches it up, so it's become a little formulaic.

That said, Murs is one of my favourite emcees so happy to hear something new from them.

Haven't listened to Murs and Fashawn yet - heard Slash Gordon and didn't really feel it so never bothered getting it. Might do still though.

There's a lot of new music out at the minute - it's hard to get a chance to listen to it all. I like to really wear out a new release when I get it, so I only ever really end up with 3 or 4 albums in rotation at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Action Bronson x The Alchemist - Rare Chandeliers just dropped! :D

Linky

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Please let this be true.
    Big K.R.I.T. ‏@BIGKRIT
    Just heard Big Boi Album....I ain't felt this way about music since 90s..I can't wait for y'all to hear this

Tracklist for The Game's new album, Jesus Piece coming next month.
    1. Scared Now - The Game, Meek Mill
    2. Ali Bomaye - The Game, 2 Chainz, Rick Ross
    3. Jesus Piece - The Game, Kanye West, Common
    4. Pray - The Game, J. Cole
    5. All That (Lady) - The Game, Lil Wayne, Big Sean, Fabolous, Jeremih
    6. Name Me King - The Game, Pusha T
    7. See No Evil - The Game, Kendrick Lamar, Tank
    8. Can't Get Right - The Game
    9. Heaven's Arms - The Game
    10. Hallelujah - The Game, Jamie Foxx
    11. Freedom - The Game
    12. Celebration - The Game, Chris Brown, Tyga, Wiz Khalifa, Lil Wayne
    ** Dead People - The Game (iTunes Bonus Track)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

4 songs without a feature, and one of them is a bonus track...wow

1. Scared Now - The Game, Meek Mill
    2. Ali Bomaye - The Game, 2 Chainz, Rick Ross
    3. Jesus Piece - The Game, Kanye West, Common
    4. Pray - The Game, J. Cole and JMSN
    5. All That (Lady) - The Game, Lil Wayne, Big Sean, Fabolous, Jeremih
    6. Name Me King - The Game, Pusha T
    7. See No Evil - The Game, Kendrick Lamar, Tank
    8. Can't Get Right - The Game ft K. Roosevelt
    9. Heaven's Arms - The Game
    10. Hallelujah - The Game, Jamie Foxx
    11. Freedom - The Game ft Elijah Blake
    12. Celebration - The Game, Chris Brown, Tyga, Wiz Khalifa, Lil Wayne
    ** Dead People - The Game (iTunes Bonus Track) prod by dr dre

its only one track without a feature, honestly needs to try something new.

he went from saying his next album will have no features to this :rolleyes:...I heard he's calling it chronic 2012 with 2chainz,drake,lil wayne,tyga etc, enough said. A 12 cut album with that many features, just jumps on anyone who's relevant so desperate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Well I did not see that comment coming. Game has released dozens of mixtapes with songs with several times the amount of lyrics of songs without features. This shows he knows how music works nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

As crap as the Game has been lately, I still really look forward to his next album. I know this is probably gonna be crap but ya never know.

First I heard of that Action Bronson fella, looked up a youtube vid and he sounds like a high pitch Raekwon. Gonna check out that EP!

Well I did not see that comment coming. Game has released dozens of mixtapes with songs with several times the amount of lyrics of songs without features. This shows he knows how music works nowadays.

I know your a big fan f him conor but his lryics? are you trying to call him lryical... come on man. Its name dropping abc verses, Just read complex's article about his lryics on his last album. His mixtapes are album leftovers riddled with features, there not even mixtapes there shocking.

i get called a hater for pointing out obvious flaws, despite the fact iv got all his albums, last week it was features i guess this tracklist proves my point that he isnt capable of making a hit by himself or a hook for that matter.

people say eminem and dre fell off, please this is falling off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

I did not call him lyrical. Saying he has released a lot of material does not mean he is lyrical. I was also not referring to his recent mixtapes. I was referring to 100, 200, 300, 400 bars etc.

Relapse had 3 features over 20 songs, I'll just leave that stat right there. Having too many or little to none does not mean anything to the quality of an album (relapse was terrible).

Looking at the quality of the artists they choose does give an indication and in this case this is setting up to be a terrible album but not because of the amount of features.

I did not call him lyrical. Saying he has released a lot of material does not mean he is lyrical. I was also not referring to his recent mixtapes. I was referring to 100, 200, 300, 400 bars etc.

Relapse had 3 features over 20 songs, I'll just leave that stat right there. Having too many or little to none does not mean anything to the quality of an album (relapse was terrible).

Looking at the quality of the artists they choose does give an indication and in this case this is setting up to be a terrible album but not because of the amount of features.

this is my last comment on it because i know where its going, only a netural could see my point.

iv no problem with features, iv told you that before. My point is game needs them, eminem doesnt, game has never proved he doesnt... every single one of games albums are riddled with them, he cant even make a decent hook and these days isnt capable of spitting more than one verse on a track! even on his mixtapes.

Clearly doesnt have the talent to create his own buzz so he hops on others, constantly licking their holes at every opportunity. Look at his features, its always for the best part who's popular at that given time.

The only thing that will happen here on this album is other people making game' tracks their own by ra*ing him on them just like the majority of his songs that have ft's. I just hope he doesnt start jacking all their styles, he has a tendacy to do that a lot.

I dont judge albums by features either, it just so happens that his last 2 albums were terrible.

its only one track without a feature, honestly needs to try something new.

he went from saying his next album will have no features to this :rolleyes:...I heard he's calling it chronic 2012 with 2chainz,drake,lil wayne,tyga etc, enough said. A 12 cut album with that many features, just jumps on anyone who's relevant so desperate.
    Are you still bitching about Game? You honestly need to try something new. You know yourself you're taking the "Chronic 2012" comment out of context, why do you do that..? (Drake's not on the tracklist BTW and, FWIW, 2Chains part is literally just one word - not a verse, maybe part of the hook? I just know that it's him saying one word on the record)

There are a lot of features but we knew that there would be so don't act so surprised and disappointed. The track list looks better than I thought it would to be honest because I know there were songs with Trey Songz, Nicki Minaj, Future, French Montana, etc. that were intended for the album but didn't make the final cut.

Anyway, I would have started a thread on the new album a few weeks ago but I knew it would only end up with MUFCboy bitching and moaning about how bad The Game is so, instead, I just posted the final tracklist here for anyone that might be interested, hoping that it would keep his crying to a minimum.

Looking forward to the album myself, only a few weeks to go :)

I dont judge albums by features either, it just so happens that his last 2 albums were terrible.
    This is coming from the chap that thinks 'Before I Self Destruct' is better than 'Get Rich Or Die Tryin''....really?

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    This is coming from the chap that thinks 'Before I Self Destruct' is better than 'Get Rich Or Die Tryin''....really?

which on more than one occasion said i was clearly wrong, some man for dragging up the past literally 3 years ago, young and niave :rolleyes:. Anyway thats not what we are talking about just untangle the knickers and stop getting emotional you know im right feature after feature, name drop after name drop.

This is what you call falling off, he's now beefing with shyne who not so long ago was yelling free shyne free shyne not too mention trying to be him earlier on his career... dont mention em or dre again when your trying to defend game, you look beyond stupid.

this album sounds like its picking up where part one began.. one of the very few rappers you cant call industry, saigon.

• Advertisement

which on more than one occasion said i was clearly wrong, some man for dragging up the past literally 3 years ago, young and niave :rolleyes:. Anyway thats not what we are talking about just untangle the knickers and stop getting emotional you know im right feature after feature, name drop after name drop.

This is what you call falling off, he's now beefing with shyne who not so long ago was yelling free shyne free shyne not too mention trying to be him earlier on his career... dont mention em or dre again when your trying to defend game, you look beyond stupid.
    Defend Game? Read my post again. Where am I defending him? I completely agree that there are too many features, I've previously discussed how I don't have high expectations for the album and that I'll probably only like 3-4 tracks on it. I'm not defending Game so what are you talking about?

Game has nothing to do with the recent Em/Dre discussions on this forum either..? Really man, what are you on about?

For someone that hates The Game, Rick Ross, Lil Wayne and Drake so much you really do spend an awful lot of time talking about them here, it's like an obsession to be honest, it's not normal.

Now, you just promised that you wouldn't continue to post on the topic of The Game's new album - obviously that didn't last long but for the sake of this forum and everyone that uses it I really feel that you should keep your pointless, repetitive, boring rants to yourself in future :)

Advertisement