Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hip-Hop 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭LUPE

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Give it a rest , I'm entitled to my opinion wheter you like it or not. I'm going to be listing to this album because I'm a fan but il call it straight down the middle unlike you. No matter what way you look at it that amount of features is just laughable , he's not capable of making good music by himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

I'll be interested to hear that track with common and kanye, could be sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

I'm a fan but il call it straight down the middle unlike you. No matter what way you look at it that amount of features is just laughable , he's not capable of making good music by himself.
    What do you mean unlike me? I completely agree that there are way too many features. I've never said otherwise and I've already said I'm not expecting much from the album but I'll wait until I hear it before I go writing it off, unlike you.

As to whether Game is capable of making good music by himself is all down to personal opinion and taste in music. I like plenty of his solo tracks - you clearly don't. Game knows that the guests on his songs will make them appeal to a wider audience, do you think he's wrong in thinking that? Why do you think Wiz Khalifa did a song with Maroon 5 and Ludacris did a song with Justin Bieber?

The oddest thing about your argument is that you're here criticising all the guest features, implying that the album won't be any good because of them, yet you've openly admitted that you like the only song he's released from it so far, a song with 4 guest features. Hypocrite?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Warnings have been issued to those ignoring my mod note earlier.

It will be random length bans next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭ghostface ste

Raekwon wrote: »
    Action Bronson x The Alchemist - Rare Chandeliers just dropped! :D

Linky

Really like this not having listened to Bronson much before. Great track with Evidence too

loving it.. hope saigon keeps going at officer rick and his crew, his last few interviews have been nothing but the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

posted a response in everything else hip hop, not bringing down this thread more than i already have over 2 lads getting upset about features.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Mac Lethal posted a demo track off the new album he's working on, pure class!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Some Exile fans will probably want this:
    DAG SAVAGE "SALVATION" MIX TAPE

Exile & Johaz will drop their first Ep as DAG SAVAGE January 15th.
    Until then, bump this free debut DAG SAVAGE mixtape entitled SALVATION,
    featuring Aloe Blacc, blu, Gonjasufi & more.

You can stream on Soundcloud
    or download the entire mixtape here:
    www.thedirtyscience.com/downloads/dagsavage_salvation.zip
    Mac Lethal posted a demo track off the new album he's working on, pure class!
    He reckons it's the best song that he has written so far.

Rare Chandeliers is decent, not the best I've heard from Action Bronson, he kind of goes into auto pilot and only breaks out the odd time.
    Beats are real nice, but from the sounds of some of them, they are leftovers from Russian Roulette.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Rare Chandeliers is decent, not the best I've heard from Action Bronson, he kind of goes into auto pilot and only breaks out the odd time.
    Beats are real nice, but from the sounds of some of them, they are leftovers from Russian Roulette.

+1

I think that overall Rare Chandeliers is a decent album but I was hoping for more of the Action Bronson that was spiting fire on Dr. Lecter and not the lazy version that showed up for this LP.

As for The Alchemist, he just seemed to be going though the motions here, even though he threw in some nice switches throughout some of the tracks. I know he was going for a 70's gangster type vibe but I found some of tracks boring.

I personally prefer the beats that he did for Curren$y's Covert Coup but hopefully he'll be back to his best for Devil's Palace with Freddie Gibbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Track from Wiz KhaIifa's upcoming album O.N.I.F.C.

Nothing new, just another money, drugs and bitches track.

Wiz Khalifa went from having loads of potential to being a very mediocre rapper very quickly. I will not be bothering with O.N.I.F.C

Anyone else listened to the new Chino XL album?

He's finally managed to pick out some good beats, and get a bit of substance back to his lyrics and delivery.

But my gawd it's just way way way too long. If it was condensed to a single disc, it could have been something real good.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Oh my god I could not hate DJ Khaled any more. What does he do? What is his purpose? He is the most annoying thing in hip-hop at the moment, an absolute muppet who loves the sound of his own voice.

Example:

This dropped today, in my opinion a nice track from Ace Hood from 1.20 onwards.... But DJ Khaled absolutely RUINS it by talking absolute nonsense for a minute and 20 seconds. I had made my peace with the irritating "WWWWWEEEEE DA BESSSST" ****e for 10/15 seconds on some tracks... But over a minute? What an absolute pisstake. Can't listen to that now unless I edit the gimp out of it.

khaled really wrecks my buzz that's all Il say or il go into detail , agree entirely though.

"Funk master flex…" They are all annoying pointless people that ruin perfectly good songs and freestyles.

"Funk master flex…" They are all annoying pointless people that ruin perfectly good songs and freestyles.

Flex doesn't bring out albums.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

The tracklist from Big Boi's album has been released.

As much as I love K.R.I.T and UGK I'm glad that their song hasn't made the final cut. The same with that "She Said OK" song. I wasn't feeling either of them really.

"Lines" is a great song. I've been listening to it an awful lot over the last week.

Great to see Sleepy Brown on the album. "The Way You Move" is one of my all-time favourite songs.

Really excited to hear the Killer Mike song. Mike was incredible on his album this year. If he brings that form to this then it'll make for a sensational song.

I'm excited to hear the song with Luda and T.I. I usually hate T.I. but he was fantastic on "Big Beast" with Bun B and Mike earlier in the year. Again, if he brings that form with him then his verse could be quite good.

With the exception of the obvious I know very few of the featured artists. I'm interested to hear what that Little Dragon crowd sound like. Think they're Japanese or something.

Could Big Boi be making a late charge for album of the year? I certainly hope so.
    1. Ascending
    2. The Thickets feat. Sleepy Brown
    3. Apple Of My Eye
    4. Objectum Sexuality feat. Phantogram
    5. In The A feat. T.I. & Ludacris
    6. She Hates Me feat. KiD CuDi
    7. CPU feat. Phantogram
    8. Thom Pettie feat. Little Dragon & Killer Mike
    9. Mama Told Me feat. Kelly Rowland
    10. Lines feat. A$AP Rocky & Phantogram
    11. Shoes For Running feat. B.o.B. & Wavves
    12. Raspberries feat. Mouche & Scar
    13. Tremendous Damage feat. Bosko
    14. Descending feat. Little Dragon

Deluxe
    15. Higher Res feat. Jai Paul & Little Dragon
    16. Gossip feat. UGK & Big K.R.I.T.
    17. She Said OK Big Boi & Theophilus London feat. Tre Luce

vicious-gif.gif?w=540

• Advertisement

As much as I love K.R.I.T and UGK I'm glad that their song hasn't made the final cut. The same with that "She Said OK" song. I wasn't feeling either of them really.

"Lines" is a great song. I've been listening to it an awful lot over the last week.

Great to see Sleepy Brown on the album. "The Way You Move" is one of my all-time favourite songs.

Really excited to hear the Killer Mike song. Mike was incredible on his album this year. If he brings that form to this then it'll make for a sensational song.

I'm excited to hear the song with Luda and T.I. I usually hate T.I. but he was fantastic on "Big Beast" with Bun B and Mike earlier in the year. Again, if he brings that form with him then his verse could be quite good.

With the exception of the obvious I know very few of the featured artists. I'm interested to hear what that Little Dragon crowd sound like. Think they're Japanese or something.

Could Big Boi be making a late charge for album of the year? I certainly hope so.
    1. Ascending
    2. The Thickets feat. Sleepy Brown
    3. Apple Of My Eye
    4. Objectum Sexuality feat. Phantogram
    5. In The A feat. T.I. & Ludacris
    6. She Hates Me feat. KiD CuDi
    7. CPU feat. Phantogram
    8. Thom Pettie feat. Little Dragon & Killer Mike
    9. Mama Told Me feat. Kelly Rowland
    10. Lines feat. A$AP Rocky & Phantogram
    11. Shoes For Running feat. B.o.B. & Wavves
    12. Raspberries feat. Mouche & Scar
    13. Tremendous Damage feat. Bosko
    14. Descending feat. Little Dragon

Deluxe
    15. Higher Res feat. Jai Paul & Little Dragon
    16. Gossip feat. UGK & Big K.R.I.T.
    17. She Said OK Big Boi & Theophilus London feat. Tre Luce

vicious-gif.gif?w=540

http://bigboi.tumblr.com/post/36169921632/vicious-lies-dangerous-rumors-official-track

Flex doesn't bring out albums.

I did not say he did.

On a side note, 3/14 without a feature? wow, that means absolutely nothing until we hear the album.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

3/14 without a feature? wow, that means absolutely nothing until we hear the album.

Genuinely LOL'd :P

EDIT: 2/14, no? Looks very promising anyway.

Flex does actually have a few albums....well sort of albums. Songs and freestyles with Flex dropping bombs in between.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

vicious-gif.gif?w=540

http://bigboi.tumblr.com/post/36169921632/vicious-lies-dangerous-rumors-official-track

This was always going to be an album of the year contender. If its half as good as Sir Luscious Left Foot it will be still a very good album.

I did not say he did.

On a side note, 3/14 without a feature? wow, that means absolutely nothing until we hear the album.

Exactly if you understood properly how mixtapes work you'd relize that artists pay dj's to do them , khaled and a few more do it the other way round which I don't really agree with because the songs are labelled their own when they dont do anything on them.

On a side note , <mod snip> we don't need to go there </modsnip>

Flex does actually have a few albums....well sort of albums. Songs and freestyles with Flex dropping bombs in between.

Are they actual commercial releases though?

I know dj drama does the same as khaled but he's actually comes across as a decent chap. Dj Kay slay from New York also does it, he actually released a song called lyrical gangstas with KL and papoose the other day , pretty good.

Are they actual commercial releases though?

I know dj drama does the same as khaled but he's actually comes across as a decent chap. Dj Kay slay from New York also does it, he actually released a song called lyrical gangstas with KL and papoose the other day , pretty good.

Yes, proper releases on labels, first few were on Loud and the others where on Koch.

His first 2 are excellent and I'd highly recommend them.

floggg wrote: »
    This was always going to be an album of the year contender. If its half as good as Sir Luscious Left Foot it will be still a very good album.

I was a bit worried for it though during the summer. The first two songs he released off of it were very ordinary. The latest is great.

The signs are pointing towards it being a brilliant one.

He's up against it though. Koncept, Killer Mike, Xzibit and others have released some superb albums over the last few months.

• Advertisement

Yeah I have heard him do that on songs, and on freestyles on whatever radio show he does/did.

Annoying as hell, worse than whoooooooo-kiid.

Advertisement