Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hip-Hop 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

South is so dead, Name 3 rappers from the south who are hot in the game right now? Because I cant do it.

WTF does 'hot in the game' mean...

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Oh my God you cannot be serious. You better delete that before anyone else sees it. About to lose all credibility:o

Or perhaps you should reconsider your wild statment that hip hop from the South is dead. Or that there is nobody 'hot in the game'.

Just so we are clear, i was just putting up names, this does not mean that I personally like all the artists.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Anybody here heard of a rapper/singer named SRH out of Montreal, Have to say I'm liking everything he puts out. Seems like this guy can't miss a beat

Anybody here heard of a rapper/singer named SRH out of Montreal, Have to say I'm liking everything he puts out. Seems like this guy can't miss a beat

Would you consider him 'hot in the game' or 'cold in the game' old chap...

Oh and Rick Ross, Curren$y and Killer Mike btw.

• Advertisement

Orizio wrote: »
    Would you consider him 'hot in the game' or 'cold in the game' old chap...

I don't know. He's just coming up .Only has a mixtape so it's too early to tell.
    He's very good in my opinion.

Check him out

http://www.srhmusic.com/

Even Canada is hotter than the South right now:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    :(

That was my absolute jam in 5th class, man.

Won't have a bad word said about it.

The song or album? because i'm talking about the album, the song itself isnt bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

• Registered Users Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭weemcd

anyone any decent links for the bet cyphers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Here's the video for the track by Gibbs, Meth and that other chap.

Is it just me or does Meth look very like J. Cole with his new facial hair?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

this is so dope

hitboy east vs west

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

this is so dope

hitboy east vs west

His mixtape is well worth a listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    His mixtape is well worth a listen.

i honestly taught he only produced. I saw you mentioning him before here, if his music is of this standard il have to give him a listen properly. This is a great song by all means, love the beat, really didnt think he'd have this much depth to his music... i taught he was another producer trying to rap i.e swizz beats ...leave the mic down stick to the beats type of music.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Nice beat and the verses aren't bad but not a fan of the hook..

Looking forward to his album.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Smoke Dza's mixtape K.O.N.Y. is well worth a listen.

Some very tight production from the likes of Harry Fraud, Ski Beatz and DJ Dahi (who is fast becoming one of my favourite up and coming producers).

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

That Hit-Boy track suprised me alot, it's really good. Must check out the mixtape that he released.
    He reminds me alot of Dug Infinite...well he sounds and raps like him. For ya'lls that dont know Dug Infininte, him and No I.D. (Producer for Common) released an album in the late nineties or early 2000's that is a classic in my book. It's one of those albums that went under the radar, but people that know the album, know how good it is.

I've blazed through a few of this years albums recently, going to give a one or 2 word summary for each:

Dark Time Sunshine - ANX - Excellent

The Alchemist - Russian Roulette - Brilliant album, love the short one verse tracks.

P.O.S - We Dont Even Live Here - Impressed the hell out of me. The change in sound is excellent

Mike Mictlan - SNAXXX - Like it a lot, but some fluff on it. Again this has a similar change in sound as P.O.S uses, but sometimes misses the target.

TamperDisableDestroy - This was recorded in a studio that Doomtree record in. Basically takes some of thier outtakes and vocal warmups and makes an album out of it. Excellent.

Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - Excellent album, nothing wrong with it.....but after listening to P.O.S, he is a step ahead in the 'electro' numbers.

1982 (Statik Selectah & Termanology) - Great beats, dope rhymes.

Murs & Fashawan - This Generation - Average album, I was expecting alot better from this. I was waiting for a track where they do back and forth, when it comes, it is very underwhelming.

HomeBoy Sandman - First Of A living Breed - Like it alot, but need to go back and listen again.

....and I am always going back to Oddisee's album which is excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

That Asap verse was dangerously close to cb4, if asap was LL he would diss KL for taking the piss out of him on his verse.

Looking forward to Meek Mill's album too, liking the snippets he has on YouTube...

I also listened to another new album yesterday. Substantial - Home is where the art is.

F*cking brilliant album, it's another Mello Music Group release this year, and I cant fault it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

New Fat Jon is a good listen for any fans out there...

Also that Macklemore surprised the hell outta me...phenomenal album.

Lovin Ya Boy, Sounds like one of my fav rappers The Game.

Just after finishing up listening to 2 new free albums/mixtapes today.

The first was Hitboys - HISstory.
    I was very suprised by this, in a good way. It looks like he was storing up his best production for this album. And he is nice on the mic as well. But, as expected on mixtapes, there are a few dodgy tracks. But I'd still recommend giving it a listen.

The second album gets a huge Boom_Bap seal of approval....no it's not Kendrick Lemar as I still havent gotten to that yet.

Kyle Rapps & Diwon - Syndication

Kyle Rapps is an mc that no-one has probably heard of, but everyone should know. I've mentioned him here before in regards to his last EP, which was also free and used the music from the Drive soundtrack. (Tyrone Gosling EP -> http://www.djbooth.net/index/mixtapes/entry/kyle-rapps-diwon-tyrone-gosling/)

The new album uses bits of theme tunes to popular US TV shows in Syndication like Dexter, Breaking Bad, Addams Family, Hawaii 5-0, Law and Order. He then raps about the shows as well.
    It fits all so well together, not cheesy as it sounds like it could be.

....when you hear the Addams Family one, you will immediately know where the sample for Simon Says by Pharohe Monch came from :)

http://www.audiomack.com/album/diamond-media-360/kyle-rapps-diwon-syndication-free-album

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Killer Mike's latest offering is the best rap album i've heard in some time. Typed his name into the search bar and barely anything comes up, which is a shame. It deserves more attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

There was a mid-year hip hop awards thread a few months ago and most people had Mike down as either rapper of the year or album of the year so far.

I didn't put him down but I did say that if I listened to it a bit more it may well be my album of the year.

I'm beginning to think along those lines. "Big Beast" is genuinely a beast of a song. A proper hard song.

"Reagan" is another of my favourites. It's a brilliant album and definitely one of the best of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

50 Cent and Eminem Shooting "My Life" Video in Detroit

By Zach Frydenlund | Oct 22, 2012 | 1:16 pm | Permalink

screenshot20121022at7.50.47am.png

Looks like the dynamic duo is back. According to reports, 50 Cent and Eminem were shooting a video last night in Detroit for 50's upcoming single "My Life." The shoot took place at the abandoned Michigan Grand Central train station and also involved a helicopter flying above. No word on when the video or single will drop but it's sure to bring sparks.
    ff93198e59ecd6eb5f24654ede1bfecd_normal.jpeg Yvette Gayle @MysticRed5
    @50cent we're about to kill this video for "My Life".

21 Oct 12
    jv7yif4ilriw0yhxni1y_normal.jpeg 50cent @50cent
    I'm shooting a video for SKI with EM it's a big one @andredirrell 2004 Olympic gold medalist in it.

22 Oct 12

I]via [URL="http://detroit.curbed.com/archives/2012/10/eminem-and-fifty-cent-shot-video-in-corktown-last-night.php"]Curbed Detroit[/URL][/I

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,008 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Posted the track in track of day thread but not it has a video. The album is awesome btw...

Advertisement