Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hip-Hop 2012

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

last years but very good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Not a great name for an album. :D
    [/IMG]

Come on, them boys can spit!

"Ayo, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
    Im on the microphone got ya hot like the sun
    So 1, 2, 3 now Im waitin on the 4
    Kick down the door and turn it up a little more"

Bow down!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

http://vimeo.com/39683717

Trailer for the upcoming Astronautalis documentary

• Registered Users Posts: 19,552 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Slaughterhouse's new "My Life" music video, they just seem to be having fun and well Em really is taking the píss at the start:pac:

Slaughterhouse's new "My Life" music video, they just seem to be having fun and well Em really is taking the píss at the start:pac:

Crooked and Royce are the best rappers in Slaughter house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Just got Habits & Contradictions by Schoolboy Q.

Give it a listen later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

New Nas track from Life is Good featuring Rick Ross

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

not really liking that new nas track and its nothing to do with the ross ft, still cant wait for the album though.

nice track released today, this must be the one wiz reached out to 50 for on twitter a few weeks back. loving the flow and beat they both go hand in hand very well.

wiz ft 50.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Just got Habits & Contradictions by Schoolboy Q.

Give it a listen later.

What did you think? I thoiught it was OK, but it's bad news when the highlight of your album is Kendrick Lemar. same goes for the AB Soul record.

I need to listen to them more, but they jumped down the pecking order when I got Joey Bada$$, B.Dolan and Oddisee's new albums.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Mr Mutha****in eXquire is dropping his first label EP in September called Power and Passion EP.
    This will be awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    What did you think? I thoiught it was OK, but it's bad news when the highlight of your album is Kendrick Lemar. same goes for the AB Soul record.

I need to listen to them more, but they jumped down the pecking order when I got Joey Bada$$, B.Dolan and Oddisee's new albums.

Started off promising but the quantity outweighed the quality. Is it bad? no. Is it great? no. It's forgettable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Nas picked Azealia, asap, meek millz, drake and weezy? Odd, reverse of DMX then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Nas picked Azealia, asap, meek millz, drake and weezy? Odd, reverse of DMX then.

What's odd is that all of those artists have recently released better mixtapes/albums than X's 'Weigh In' mixtape.

I did not compare them to DMX, DMX just said recently he would not work with some of them whereas Nas would.

Congratulations to them on being able to release better material than someone just out of jail (and has several other issues) though. Also weigh in was better than California Republic if we want to compare rappers releases for no reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

How is that bad news? Kendrick Lamar is by far the best MC out there right now, he is the highlight of any album.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    What's odd is that all of those artists have recently released better mixtapes/albums than X's 'Weigh In' mixtape.

The weigh in mixtape was shockingly bad, but no matter how bad that piece of music was Azealia, asap, meek millz, drake and weezy do not compare to X. Especially drake. He's the complete opposite of X in every way.

Nas said the same thing to Rapup.com. He really wants to Work with Azelia Banks and Meek Millz. Banks could even be a co sign to Nas. Millz is already signed with Rick Ross at MMG so Nas is talking about a feature or doing a track together

I did not compare them to DMX, DMX just said recently he would not work with some of them whereas Nas would.
    Who said you did compare them??
    Congratulations to them on being able to release better material than someone just out of jail (and has several other issues) though. Also weigh in was better than California Republic if we want to compare rappers releases for no reason.
    What's all this about? What does Game have to do with any of this? You trying to get a rise or something?

Nas mentioned all of these artists that DMX said he wouldn't work with. I just thought it was ironic, that's all. X was just being a mouth anyway. He used to be good but now he's just a washed up muppet, hasn't released a decent track in years.

You compared them to DMX, I compared back along with Game who had an equally crap last mixtape.

• Advertisement

You compared them to DMX, I compared back along with Game who had an equally crap last mixtape.

Why Game? Odd comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Adrian Lau and Eddie B - "Sunday"

Another quality Harry Fraud production

Why Game? Odd comparison.

He had the worst mixtape of late of the "bigger" artists out atm.

Pretty good for someone who usually spits garbage. I liked this one

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Great song again from Gibbs and Madlib. The only thing that I don't like about their EPs is that Gibbs appears on about 2 of the tracks and the rest is mainly Madlib's beats. Nothing wrong with that at all but I'd love to hear Freddie rapping over them. Probably only teasing us for their album. The sooner that gets released the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭HATCHET IRL

Mr Mutha****in eXquire is dropping his first label EP in September called Power and Passion EP.
    This will be awesome.

cant wait, still listenin to lost in translation.. really wish exquire and el-p do something together in the future, think they really compliment each other

cant wait, still listenin to lost in translation.. really wish exquire and el-p do something together in the future, think they really compliment each other

I reckon that there will be some production from el producto on the EP, and probably a verse. I also think they bring out the best in each other.

Can I also remind people that this is the thread for releases this year, not comparing artists or mix tapes from the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

banger from gibbs, bj the chicago kid is one to watch out for, collabs with black hippy a lot, he's on section 80 too.

here's a new one from a fella called dom kennedy ft lamar... does anyone recognize the sample in this song? the piano keys in the backround... sounds so familiar !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Freddie Gibbs has reached out to Nas and Jigga on Twitter. He's looking for a collab for his project with Madlib. I've been looking forward to this album for months now but if either of them get on it, especially Jay, it could be brilliant. Everything he touches turns gold in a commercial sense these days. Could be the break-through that Freddie needs and deserves.
    Freddie Gibbs ‏@FreddieGibbs
    I got a song for @Nas ready to go if he wanna **** wit it.
    Freddie Gibbs ‏@FreddieGibbs
    I wonder if @S_C_ will shoot me a verse for this Madlib ****.

Advertisement