Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hip-Hop 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭LimerickSports

i have a feeling the new english Smiley will make it big in the future. Check out his songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

this song really has me buzzin for the new album, great song from his last mixtape the lost tapes. I think 50 is using his mixtapes for promo like he did before grodt, he really must be because the album is 2 weeks away and he still doesnt have a single.

watch the henchmen trial see a rat, rat on a rat.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Rick Ross is some mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Rick Ross is some mess.

hahahahahahahahaha :D post of the year so far for me, it's funny because it's true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Rick Ross is some mess.

hottest mc in the game bro.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

I dunno how big on underground ye all are...I'm only here since today but did anyone check out Wordsworth's new album? Hve it on the ipod just haven't gotten around to listening...the leaked tracks were dope so I'm expecting a good album..

*hopes people have heard of Words and Mirror Music* :P

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

TheComeUp wrote: »
    I dunno how big on underground ye all are...I'm only here since today but did anyone check out Wordsworth's new album? Hve it on the ipod just haven't gotten around to listening...the leaked tracks were dope so I'm expecting a good album..

*hopes people have heard of Words and Mirror Music* :P

I havent realy listened to Words for a long time, I thought that he really went off the boil following such strong initial appearances with Punchline.

Yeah I can feel you on that but I love Words...seriously I play the ish outta Mirror Music...Joy & Pain is from the new album....it's pretty good. Nice to see someone up on Words tho...

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Yeah I can feel you on that but I love Words...seriously I play the ish outta Mirror Music...Joy & Pain is from the new album....it's pretty good. Nice to see someone up on Words tho...

I think that I gave Mirror Music a spin a few years back but didnt really grab my attention. I'll try to check out the new one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Big Boi is releasing a new single today. It has a verse from Pimp C, Bun B and Big K.R.I.T. No idea if the verse from Pimp is a new one or if it's from one of his UGK songs. I'm looking forward to hearing it when it's uploaded.

^Good looks. Sounds great already. What are the chances Krit is producing? Damn Big Boi's album if it drops this year would be a breath of fresh air...SLLF still gets heavy plays from me. As long as he a Janelle Monae hook on a track, Organized Noise doing the beats, a 3stacks verse and some more hilarious skits with that Henry dude it'll be great. ''Aye when the last time you went tea bagging? Must be Tea time''

^Good looks. Sounds great already. What are the chances Krit is producing? Damn Big Boi's album if it drops this year would be a breath of fresh air...SLLF still gets heavy plays from me. As long as he a Janelle Monae hook on a track, Organized Noise doing the beats, a 3stacks verse and some more hilarious skits with that Henry dude it'll be great. ''Aye when the last time you went tea bagging? Must be Tea time''

I doubt that KRIT is producing it. Probably just has a verse. I really hope it drops this year. November 13 is the day. Here's to hoping that it isn't delayed like every other hip hop album ever released.

I really hope Henry is back. That skit with him is one of the best I've ever heard. They even made a video for it.

"What were you driving, Henry?"
    "I wasn't driving. My momma drove me up and dropped me off"

"You know, Jesus wore sandals so I can wear some too wiht my lil linen outfit. You saw me, the balla"

"How about we go down to 30?"
    "Well okay it gon be drizzling then. It ain't gon rain"

Oh and have a look here for a list of producers and artists that he's been in the studio working with. Organized Noise and Janelle are in there. As is Andre.

That Raekwon and Janelle pairing sounds like it might have a lot of potential. Glad to see Killer Mike in there as well. The same with Sleepy Brown. He was featured on one of my favourite Big Boi tracks of all.

Clink onto this ite for Big Boi's new tune. It hasn't been uploaded onto Youtube yet.

From first listening I'm liking KRIT and Bun B's verses. May give it another spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Orizio wrote: »

I tried the link that you get directed to from there, but it downloads a self extracting zip....looks dodgy.

Here's the one i used: http://www.sendspace.com/file/ptpb5b

....unless you want to do it track by track on soundcloud

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

**** tea bagging. It's all about the David Blaine!

floggg wrote: »
    **** tea bagging. It's all about the David Blaine!

:pac:

Okay so the new Big Boi track has been posted on Youtube...tbh I'm not really liking it. The beat is actually annoying and does not suit the rappers well...Big Boi did good though...Pimp C's verse was aight, eventhough it's recycled...Bun B rode the beat well but I dunno it really didn't catch me as great or anything...might grow on me..

I hate it, sounds like something Lil jon would make, typical modern southern hip hop if you ask me.

• Advertisement

The south isn't too bad in fairness. Curren$y is one of my favourites and released another good album. Tracks like Chandelier are great...Killer Mike has AOTY for me personally...I need some new 3Stacks though....Big KRIT is doing good things too

I cant listen to new southern hip hop, i love the older stuff though, outkast, geto boys, goodie mob, ugk etc but that snap music style beat in that new big boi track is just horrible imo.

A friend showed me this, I'm not mad about it. Productions alright though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

always been a massive Game fan. Like this

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Oleg Luzhny

New Reks. Love it. "REBELutionary" coming July 24th.

^Saw the track list the other day. Looks pretty good on paper. Jon Connor!!!!! Can't get enough of him tbh....Reks is seriously putting in work though. Straight No Chaser was very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Oleg Luzhny

Yeah, I LOVE Reks. Really looking forward to REBELutionary, I pre-ordered a signed copy from here too:

http://gracieproductions.bigcartel.com/product/reks-rebelutionary-cd-autographed-pre-order

Signed copy sounds class...got REKS on CD alright but funds are low enough so I'm afraid it's probably going to be a mediafire job again for this :L Honestly I don't think there has been an album all year worth buying. I was thinking of buying Life Is Good, but no Primo, AZ, RZA and Kanye means Nas can f*ck himself simply. I might buy One Be Lo's next album. I don't know if anyone remembers but BABY was supposed to drop a few years back but the label f*cked up but Lo got the album so he can release it. I was having a chat with him online a few weeks back and he said he couldn't guarantee a date but he said within the next year or so hopefully but he said he's got another album in the works which will be released first. But the feature list is crazy dope...he has said that theres Royce, Phonte, Juice, Guilty Simpson plus a few pleasant surprises...I'm definitely getting that on hard copy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    I cant listen to new southern hip hop

STS! Sugar Tongue Slim, check him.

• Advertisement

Quality. Southern hip hop is beautiful.

Advertisement